Milviz F-86F-30 Sabre - Released - Page 13
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-86F-30 Sabre - Released

so how much would I be able to charge for this then?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Someone had asked about Mig Mad Marine?.........

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    so how much would I be able to charge for this then?

I bid 500 Quatloos for the magnificent paint job!

Attachment 74801

Jan, this is why we're asking. If you, or anyone else, doesn't like the idea, reasons why or why not, are helpful. Clear and concise please.

Honestly.....as a painter myself....I do it for fun and to share. but I'm not "in business" YET!! :isadizzy: to do repaints, and I'm certainly not in the business spending countless hours building an awesome jet. my first thought when another company did it was that I was totally against the idea of paying for a plane and then because the number of paints supplied was limitied to I think 3 you were kind forced into buying them to have a variety because the paint kit wasn't available right away. As a painter, my time is very limited and frankly...if I can get a paintscheme that I either want or wanted to do ymself...if someone has done it for me...saved me time...and its accurate to my tastes......I think they are valuable to me. that said......I'm game either way as long as the company doing the dealings is open and up front about it from the beginning, OR supplies a paint kit form the day its released so as not to tie my hands and allow me the choice....this you have done and I'm grateful. time is very limited to me so I will buck up and buy your schemes, and hopefully at some point soon I will find my reference materials and do a couple of my own to put out there for others to use.

As to Jankees......sir you are an awesome painter...one I try to look to for ideas.....I always say this.....in every market there is a market for supplies. I personally think there is a market for your work........especially if you take requests.

either way......where's the bigger pilot??? LOLOLOL!!!!! JUST KIDDING guys!

Master of Disaster
    I've never bought a paint that's been offered seperate from the original package. The idea of paints to me is a way of keeping customers interested in the initial product. It shows interest by the public in that product and keeps threads alive (which, I believe, helps sales); Jankee is a prime example. To me he's kept the A2A Stang fresh and exciting with new paints for it: and they're free due to his graciousness and love for the medium. I hope those are my reasoned thoughts on why I won't buy paints. JMO
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Guys, I was only joking, my paints have always been and will always be for free.
    I paint for fun, and I fear the fun will go away once things have to be paid for.
    Personally, I have only once paid for a paint package, and to be honest, that was not for the paints, but for the guy making them. I will not buy this package either, because a) I can always make them myself; and b) the only paints I ever fly are the last ones just out of my paint shop;
    But then I am probably a special case. $10 sounds reasonable for such a package.

And thank you for the kind words, Sky and Mud.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I will get the paint pack... looks great. How do we get the update when its ready please?... this is my first Milviz product and not sure how you do things as it was bought from you through flight 1 wrapper.

Matt

The sp, when it's released, will be a download and reinstall. We will inform all of our clients when it's available.

for the paints, we've not yet decided how to approach this one but, we are a business and, making these planes costs a lot...

We will release the blank one today (free)...

I would not buy a repaint, or a package of repaints! Definitively, for me, FSX is an hobby.

How are the FPS with the F-86 compared to say the T-38?

Just for feedback purposes I wouldn't be a repaint customer but I don't begrudge you doing what you gotta do.

I had a quick glance at the manual and is is clear a lot of thought went into it, nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    How are the FPS with the F-86 compared to say the T-38?
    For me works better than T-38. Sabe is very, very smooth, max of fps for me.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Don't have the T-38, but the Sabre is very smooth for me. I have a nice rig though.

On the fence about the paint pack. It's not that I mind paying a little extra for paints, particularly for a nice model like this that is offered at a nice price. The quality of work deserves remuneration. It's just that I rarely fly more than one skin for any of my aircraft. I guess I'm boring. What I mean about on the fence is that I normally wouldn't buy a paint pack, but I can see a reason to do so here in order to help keep the company making such incredible aircraft...well...making incredible aircraft! :-)

Likewise, paying for paints kind of kills it, I don't want (need) a kajiian paints, just some that appeal to me. Having paid paints kind of puts those schemes off limits to other repainters or risk causing disquiet, so effectively they become orphans to one half of the community.

on the other hand you are a business and have to make it pay, but I think that should have been covered from the outset when the pricing was decided, making it clear that additional paints that were already shown before release weren't included. (Even then it isolates those schemes).

by having so many iconic paints done before release and not making it clear these will be extra cost, kind of stifles the other repainters efforts, as the expected set for everyone now becomes more exclusive.

whatever you decide, I hope it works out from a business point of view, but I agree with Mud Marine, having free access to good paints underwrites further model sales versus squeezing out more cash from those already committed.

Allan

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    I like the signs of use, on the Paints.

GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

you can't have a Frecce Tricolori repaint without these two

Attachment 74815

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    These are the liveries that will come with the two packages:

Wow ! Thanks for including a #434 "Bluenose" jet. Spent a little time around them in the CF-5 era.
    Speaking of, when I go to sleep at night, I dream of a Milviz CF-5. :-) That's a model Milviz would rock ! Great jet,a pilots favorite, with so many national liveries possible.
    -paul

One for the Japanese Blue Impulse, please?

https://www.google.com/search?q=japa...w=1024&bih=673

Look about half way down.

Glenn

Yup, a JASDF repaint would be nice even if it's not the correct model.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    a) Guys, I was only joking, my paints have always been and will always be for free.

b) I paint for fun, and I fear the fun will go away once things have to be paid for.

c) I will not buy this package either, because a) I can always make them myself; and b) the only paints I ever fly are the last ones just out of my paint shop;

d)But then I am probably a special case. $10 sounds reasonable for such a package.
    I opted to split Jankees reply so that I could add my 2 cents worth to this thread as it sums up very well what I feel on the subject of paying for an additional repaint pack...

A-B) This is probably the main reason for my coming back to FSX and this forum; I scrounge for repaints for the planes that I like and the reason that it keeps me going is that they have always been free. There is not much "free" in life but the works of most repainters was and still is. I have the option of downloading it, if I like it, or not...
    The fun of discovering a free skin for a plane that I like is as important as flying that plane with a livery that I want.

C) I won't buy this package as most of the repaints, although of an outstanding quality, do not reflect what I prefer my planes to wear when I fly them...
    I know that a lot of simmers love bare skinned aircrafts and some, are truly awsome, but I prefer mine to be camouflaged as the planes used in post war Europe, during the cold war...
    This is a question of taste, I know, and respect those that will go for metal preferably... !
    As Jankees aptly said, if I want one with camo, I can always make them, although mine will surely be lacking in quality as compared to other repainters, but at least, I will fly the aircraft instead of having a nice expensive skin sitting idly in the hangar.

D) Although the price seems reasonable on a purely business aspect, I fear that the sales of the packs might not follow the same route as that of the aircraft itself. If a repaint leaves me cold or lukewarm, I won't shell out cash to get it, whereas if it were free, I would probably take it anyway, just for the sake of having it in my hangar...

Fleurdelys

I'll throw in my worthless two cents. I understand why MilViz is contemplating payware repaint packs and the paints do look stunning. Having said that, I still find the idea of "having" to pay for repaints a bit hard to get used to, especially if you see the amazing stuff "freeware" painters like Jan-Kees (to name just one) do. I see those (extra) repaints as a way for the developer to entice me to buy the product, perhaps because this seemed to be the norm when I started flight simming and buying payware add-ons. Certainly in the "olden days" when flight sims were still going strong in the retail market (it almost seemed mandatory then to include loads of repaints in the package).

I also believe that the Sabre is not the aircraft to do this: because it was used by so many air forces, the repaint possibilities are almost limitless and I expect we'll see a large number of freeware repaints. This wil probably negate the "need/desire" to obtain the payware packs, even more when there's no discernable difference in quality (no offence, Gunnar, but Jan-Kees' paints are equally stunning. And as soon as some freeware painter does one or two of the aircraft that are also included in the packs, the sales potential of those packs probably take a nose dive.

Perhaps the more wiser approach would be to just do a few paints as a developer and let the community do the extra repaints, depending on the repaint possibilities of the aircraft in question. That way, you wouldn't expend to much time and money on doing the repaints. It would make more sense to start doing these packs on aircraft that have limited repaint possibilities. I realize I may sound like a cheapskate, but to be honest I'm still on the fence on this issue. From an "emotional" viewpoint, it "feels" like adding to the cost of the product to me.

In the end however, only MilViz can say how MilViz should be run and what is best for the company. And probably the only way to get an answer to your question is to "test the market (response)" .

Edit: I do find the repaint packs rather "US-focussed". I personally love repaints from lesser known countries.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

This repaint package deal is...

...a beautiful win-win situation...why do I say that?

1. We have a number of people who don't believe they should have to pay for these repaints...that's part of the market "speaking", and that's cool. Here's the good news: they don't have to buy the repaints (The alternative theoretically could have been to delay the aircraft release to include the additional liveries with a package that **might** have cost an additional $10...but MilViz didn't do that, affording everyone a choice).

2. We have a number of people (me included) who have ZERO problem compensating the commercial painter(s) for their work (MilViz is, after all, a business)...and the good news is, if we like what we see, we'll get the chance to demonstrate that with our wallets.

Don't get me wrong....it is fantastic that we have so many hobbyists who do freeware paints: you all are INCREDIBLE-- they are a large part of what makes this hobby great.

See? It's a "win-win" all around...

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ...a beautiful win-win situation...why do I say that?

1. We have a number of people who don't believe they should have to pay for these repaints...that's part of the market "speaking", and that's cool. Here's the good news: they don't have to buy the repaints (The alternative theoretically could have been to delay the aircraft release to include the additional liveries with a package that **might** have cost an additional $10...but MilViz didn't do that, affording everyone a choice).

2. We have a number of people (me included) who have ZERO problem compensating the commercial painter(s) for their work (MilViz is, after all, a business)...and the good news is, if we like what we see, we'll get the chance to demonstrate that with our wallets.

Don't get me wrong....it is fantastic that we have so many hobbyists who do freeware paints: you all are INCREDIBLE-- they are a large part of what makes this hobby great.

See? It's a "win-win" all around...

Kent
    I respectfully disagree with you (bar the part that no one has to buy the repaint packs). It certainly isn't a win-win situation for MilViz, otherwise they wouldn't have posed the question. Should they decide to make these repaints payware, it either pays off for them (may even set a trend) or backfires on them. That's their conundrum. And liveries nowadays are probably mostly done way before they finish coding the VC and gauges, so IMO they hardly "hold up" the release.

But I'm gonna leave it at that. I've said my piece on the subject.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

I fly from inside the plane so the skin does not make enough of a difference to make me spend money. As long as the skins advertised to be released with the plane are there when I install it I will be happy. If you release additional skins later and want to charge, that is fine too but unless there is some really special skin that I really wanted, I would not buy it. This would mean that I would be buying the pack for a single skin so from my point of view, bundling 5, 10 or 100 skins would not make any difference as I would base my buy decision on the one skin I really wanted. Keep in mind that the first thing I do when I install a plane it to go to the aircraft.cfg and dash out almost all of the skins anyway to trim my plane drop down

Just my view of the subject.

Dave

If anything, I'll get the paint pack to further support the cause. The F-86 is one hell of an addon at 35 dollars. I feel they could have sold it for 40 without blinking. Can't wait to see what they do with the King Air 350!

Just my two cents... :mixedsmi:

Members who have read this thread: 161