Milviz F-86F-30 Sabre - Released - Page 5
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-86F-30 Sabre - Released

Lovin it!!

D/L to engine start and not a hitch. Absolutely a work of art and a great flyer. First flight from Sheppard AFB up to 30K and tried a stall recovery. AMAZING!! Took almost 10K back to level flight but then, I took my time with it.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Charter Member 2012
    I agree - now rate this product as one of the best in hangar and a keeper.

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CODY View Post
    Well...A work in progress...
    Great Work Cody - my version of Photoshop wont really work the paintkit so I look forward to that one :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by CODY View Post
    Well...A work in progress...
    Excellent work Cody.
    I am very glad to see that some are using the paint kit. :salute:

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post

Waaaahhhhoooooo, Winner of the year , incredible, CONGRATS:salute:
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Nice bird!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    It's a real beauty !
    Made my first flight from Bowerman, just a few minutes, low to high altitude, just to burn some fuel before landing.
    Once again, I get quite a big FPS hit with that plane, just like with the Baron and the F-15, and even with the texture_max_load at 1024. However, given the fact that many people told me they didn't have any FPS hit at all with this Sabre, I am now investigating (once more) my various settings to try to spot the cause of the hit.

The Sabre remains enjoyable (a lot) in the not-so-crowded areas, I love it so far

Probably the cause of the FPS hit it's the engine smoke effect.

It's a real beauty !
    Made my first flight from Bowerman, just a few minutes, low to high altitude, just to burn some fuel before landing.
    Once again, I get quite a big FPS hit with that plane, just like with the Baron and the F-15, and even with the texture_max_load at 1024. However, given the fact that many people told me they didn't have any FPS hit at all with this Sabre, I am now investigating (once more) my various settings to try to spot the cause of the hit.

The Sabre remains enjoyable (a lot) in the not-so-crowded areas, I love it so far

Damn....Those shots look anything but CG....Too real. Any chance you can send em to me at 1024x768 or higher(same aspect ratio)? I want the top one for my desktop.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by andrea6811 View Post
    Probably the cause of the FPS hit it's the engine smoke effect.
    No, it's not the smoke. Actually, the FPS are quite smooth in external view. It's only in the VC. I'm still investigating on that. The amount of people affected by the FPS hit is quite small, so it had to be some incorrect graphic setting or tweak on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Damn....Those shots look anything but CG....Too real. Any chance you can send em to me at 1024x768 or higher(same aspect ratio)? I want the top one for my desktop.
    There you go !
    http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1924_big.jpg
    http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1923_big.jpg

Thanks a bunch
    -JB

I have started working on this one which I taxi by every time I fly from my club in Tatoi:

Attachment 74563

The graphics are awesome but the best thing is that they are combined with a fantastic FDE. These both give this plane some real soul!

Fly the guts out of this bird and you will have the time of your life!

No, it's not the smoke. Actually, the FPS are quite smooth in external view. It's only in the VC. I'm still investigating on that. The amount of people affected by the FPS hit is quite small, so it had to be some incorrect graphic setting or tweak on my side.
    Rgr

Today, I will be working on a much simplified version of the paint kit so that everyone may use it... Should be done soon...

We, the MV team, would like to thank all of you for all the compliments. They are truly heartwarming...

Thanks,

Is it possible to turn on gunsight?

Cant find this option.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

O-Kay...I think it's is finished...

I'll get the rest of it done if you guys want it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Excellent work Cody.
    I am very glad to see that some are using the paint kit. :salute:
    HEHEHE....1.12 Gig in PhotoShop...It is intense! Scrolling and zooming get's interesting...I did take a nap while it was saving some of the final files!

Barnes, I'm using CS 8...On the next couple I do I'm going to clean up PSD's and then flatten them...and then paint on them, When the major painting is done I'll transfer it to fresh PSD and save it that way. That will eliminate the huge files while painting.:isadizzy:

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Today, I will be working on a much simplified version of the paint kit so that everyone may use it... Should be done soon...

We, the MV team, would like to thank all of you for all the compliments. They are truly heartwarming...

Thanks,

Thanks Colin - that will be very apprechiated.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Is it possible to turn on gunsight?

Cant find this option.
    **** :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    **** :salute:
    Right, not many time for this (yet, MiG Alley waits) but is possible:

Attachment 74582

Good to add CS Weapon FSX til the Tack Pack not released. Will try.

My FPS hit is gone
    I switched from the internal FPS limitation (I have never been so lucky with the other FPS-limitation modules) to the "1/2 refresh rate" technique with the NVidia drivers. Now both the Baron and the Sabre fly smoooooooooooooth !!! :ernae: I haven't tested the F-15 yet.
    The GPS unit of the Baron still hits the FPS a bit when I turn it on, but it's fine like that, the FPS go back up after a few seconds.

I will be painting this one as soon as I get back home and can purchase the plane. Andy Nott was nice enough to make it for me for the Alphasim Sabre years ago, but I know a lot more about photoshop now. Will be nice to have her back in the sim again.

My FPS hit is gone
    I switched from the internal FPS limitation (I have never been so lucky with the other FPS-limitation modules) to the "1/2 refresh rate" technique with the NVidia drivers. Now both the Baron and the Sabre fly smoooooooooooooth !!! :ernae: I haven't tested the F-15 yet.
    The GPS unit of the Baron still hits the FPS a bit when I turn it on, but it's fine like that, the FPS go back up after a few seconds.

Damn....your sim looks waaay better than mine. FWIW though on FSX tweaks....The frame limiter in Nvidia Inspector or Nvidia drivers is the best i have seen so far. To further reduce the load on the sim, instead of running at unlimited i set it to 40-60 fps and limit it to 30 with Nvidia. Works like a charm.
    -JB

Really ? Then I will give that a try too. Thanks for the advise
    Concerning the quality of my shots, it's mainly due to two parameters:
    - the Antialiasing is disabled in the sim (DX9), and forced in NVidia Inspector to 8xS
    - I'm using the ENB bloom package available from the REX forums, the one nammed SUNLIGHT. The picture are always a bit too dark, though, but the overall colors are quite nice.

For those on the fence that have considered this one, have a look at these shots the team has on Facebook. The damn thing is so realistic, it's like your there.

*Note: Look on the bottom, "view larger", then right click, select "view image", then left click for full resolution.**
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Simply, and utterly amazing levels of detail.
    I am SO going to fall off the fence.

In fact, I just did.:ernae:

To the developing team, I would still like to have a "Factory Fresh" scheme as a base layer on the paint templates.

Shot taken in Prepar3D
    Attachment 74583

It is a work of art eh. I may have to pick this one up. Just watched the promo video for it on thier FB page...thank you for adding in the sounds of the aircraft in the video. So disapointing to see all these nice videos out for aircraft but they always leave out the sound of it. A shame really.

Glad to see this one has some audio in it from in game.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 161