Insane time -- Again -- Over at PCAviator
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insane time -- Again -- Over at PCAviator

Insane time -- Again -- Over at PCAviator

In case y'all are missing any Warbirdsim awesomeness, PCAviator has 'em all on a 50% off sale starting today!!!!!!!!! Plus this is also 10% off Tueday so have at it.

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/home.php?cat=
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Icon5

I finally got the P51 C. I have wanted this plane for a long time. Thanks to PC Aviator.

Many thanks for the HU - much appreciated. I only bought the Happy Jack's package on Sunday and as am very pleased with it, am now going back for more!

Cheers,

Martin

Once again a WB sale, and I have no clue which one to get. There are so many "packages" for the D model and I don't have the time or patience to go through each one and see what does/doesn't come with each. Will probably just go for the B/C (as there is only one choice!).

When does the WB sale end?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

OK, see it's 30th October.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I bought this on sale, and was dissapointed with the engine sound it's not right, at low power settings it sounds like a leaf blower. Get the A2A if you want it done right.

Quote Originally Posted by oakfloor View Post
    I bought this on sale, and was dissapointed with the engine sound it's not right, at low power settings it sounds like a leaf blower. Get the A2A if you want it done right.
    But if you want the most accurate and detailed (life like visual model) rendition of the P-51D and each model done right, then the WBS ones are the ones to get - period!

And sounds can easily be swapped on the aircraft if you don't like them. (Well, perhaps not from the Accusim aircraft).

Cheers

Paul

Completed the collection today.

- Sale items include the new P-51K/Bf-109K release-
    Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    (Clarke and Clark)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    But if you want the most accurate and detailed (life like visual model) rendition of the P-51D and each model done right, then the WBS ones are the ones to get - period!

And sounds can easily be swapped on the aircraft if you don't like them. (Well, perhaps not from the Accusim aircraft).

Cheers

Paul
    How can they be done right, when the sound is wrong to begin with? I have heard many 51's buzz over, watched many incockpit vids and it not right. well I only paid $20, so be it.

I had a great Article which *was* / *may* still appear in the new Computer Pilot Magazine until some unfortunate troubles. But, WBS is like the NAA Co. setup shop again inside your PC. Very accurate and very authentic to the specific airplane.

I've a question. What one's (in order of release) is the newest rendition to the line-up?
    A breakdown of first released <>to<> latest released would help me make a decision. Models/date released, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I've a question. What one's (in order of release) is the newest rendition to the line-up?
    A breakdown of first released <>to<> latest released would help me make a decision. Models/date released, etc, etc.
    OleBoy

I believe they were released in this order: -

P-51 B & C

P-51D Part One (Restored versions)

P-51D Part Two (Restored versions)

Little Friends

Little Friends II

Then & Now (Cripes A Mighty)

Then & Now (Twilight Tear)

Then & Now (Happy Jack's Go Buggy)

P-51 & Bf109K

Cheers

Paul

Much appreciated, Paul. Thank you.
    My next question that comes to mind is relative to my only WBS purchase, which was the P-51D Little Friends 1.
    Are there specific "D" models that are subsequent to this one, or are they all (complete) stand-alone types that can be installed?

If you're wondering why all the questions, it's because I really haven't been interested in the Mustang in the past. John helped me pick out the one I have.

Indeed, thanks for the HU ! Off to get the B and C variants now ... Mike :ernae:

I use both fs9 and fsx. I wonder if a person can use the Warbirdsim fs9 p51 in fsx ? Has anybody done this ? I know there would probably be the prop disk issue but I am unsure of what else.

Thanks

Comparing the A2A 'Stang, and Warbirdsim, is like comparing a big-mac, to the fourth-of July backyard BBQ with ranch-raised Beef.... sure they both taste good, but one holds all the goodies, and that's Warbirdsim.

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I picked up the 109K/51K pack and Twilight Tear. I have the major packs, but I didn't have a now and then release and I really like Twilight Tear and for the money, getting the extra 109K textures (Already have the excellent 109K pack) and all of the great 51K variants is amazing for the price.

I too finally picked up the latest P-51 set. I now own them all once again......whats next??

OleBoy, it depends on what you are looking for.
    The LF1 version covers the later model WWII D models, while the LF2 package covers the earlier model WWII D models, so with the old style cockpit and the smaller tail.
    The later then & now packages each cover one particular Mustang, showing them in WWII and present form.
    The restored packages contain different modern day warbirds. So it is up to you, they cover nearly all Mustangs as far as I can see.

As for the comparison with A2A, I have both, and love both. I have also done lots of paints for both. Personally, I think the WBS looks better, and gives you lots of different versions (early and late D's, Iwo Jima (A2A too), mirrors, no mirrors, exhaust shrouds or not, cameras (any chance of a paintkit for that, John?), but I do miss accusim, which gives the A2A bird far more character to fly. Now if we could combine the looks and variety with accusim....
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I have been thinking about adding Accu-Feel.....I wonder how this would give that feel you are looking for?

oh, I added accu feel, but I can still run the engine full throttle for hours without a problem.
    No, it is the engine management with all its little quirks that I am missing. With accusim, I sort of feel responsible for my engine, it takes me back to my old motorcycles. I've had a Triumph, a Harley and a BSA, which were (usually) wonderful when treated right, but you constantly had to watch them, like for instance the A2A Spitfire that really wants to overheat.
    Later, I bought an old BMW that was a bit easier, like the Mustang, but you still had to pay attention to all the little sounds it made.
    My latest, new, BMW was a bit like the WBS Mustang, beautiful, but impossible to break, engine-wise...
    Unfortunately, I am currently 'between bikes', though I still have a restoration project in the garage...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Well, Christmas certainly did come early this year.

I've been waiting to buy the FSX P-51B/C/III for ages and the 60% off (with Tuesday discount) swung it for me. Also bought the P-51K and Bf109K package as well, couldn't resist!

Really like the new animated pilot on the P-51K - much more realistic/immersive in external view.

Can't help thinking that the pilot in the Bf109K looks like Daniel Craig (James Bond 007) - I know the new movie is called "Skyfall" but surely Q hasn't issued him with a Bf109K? But then again, wasn't there a rare Bf109PPK model powered by an Aston Martin DB605 engine?

Congrats to Warbirdsim and Flight Replicas for such superb products. :salute:

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Comparing the A2A 'Stang, and Warbirdsim, is like comparing a big-mac, to the fourth-of July backyard BBQ with ranch-raised Beef.... sure they both taste good, but one holds all the goodies, and that's Warbirdsim.

Joseph
    7 awards for A2A mustang and it's a big mac? yeah right.

Well maybe not to everyones taste, but Hangar 11 sure does have a powerful leaf blower up front when I recorded those sounds in Jumpin' Jacques in 2006 and 2008.

Albert
    www.warbirdsim.com

oh, I added accu feel, but I can still run the engine full throttle for hours without a problem.
    I'm not sure why that is, as the Little Friends package onwards has the engine stress damages engine enabled.
    Needs to ticked in the realism settings of course.

Albert
    www.warbirdsim.com