Navidia card can't change settings

Thread: Navidia card can't change settings

Navidia card can't change settings

I just had a new computer built for me and its smoking fast. I'am running a quad core with an MSI GeForce GTZ 570 n Videa Video PCIe Card 1.25 GB DDR5 ,and no matter what I do in the Nvidia control panel it won't chance settings in FS9.
    I have a slight case of the jaggies and some shimmering but no matter what I do in game or out ,nothing changes. Could it be because I haven't set the affinity to one core?
    I make the changes then save but everythings still is the same. What am I doing wrong?The game runs smooth as silk with all sliders maxed. I tried changeing in game and leaving AA to the control panel but nothing changes.
    Maybe I just don't know the proper use of the control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    I just had a new computer built for me and its smoking fast. I'am running a quad core with an MSI GeForce GTZ 570 n Videa Video PCIe Card 1.25 GB DDR5 ,and no matter what I do in the Nvidia control panel it won't chance settings in FS9.
    I have a slight case of the jaggies and some shimmering but no matter what I do in game or out ,nothing changes. Could it be because I haven't set the affinity to one core?
    I make the changes then save but everythings still is the same. What am I doing wrong?The game runs smooth as silk with all sliders maxed. I tried changeing in game and leaving AA to the control panel but nothing changes.
    Maybe I just don't know the proper use of the control panel.
    You will find that nvidia wrote a profile into their driver files for fs that overrides changes made in control panel.
    You first need to disable that profile, then make your changes and save as a new fs profile.
    IIRC nvidia inspector used to be able to do this, a bit of googling round t' web and you can also find some
    Alternate profiles to try.

Ttfn

Pete

what you don't learn here

Thanks Motormouse I never knew that, it explanes a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    Thanks Motormouse I never knew that, it explanes a lot.
    Call me Pete!

Yes those friendly folks at Nvidia think they know what setttings a particular game should have, and then encode it into
    their driver, overriding anything you the dear user might want to do :isadizzy: !!

Here's wot nVidia say...... http://www.nvidia.com/object/profiles.html

As I said do a bit of 'googling' (guru3d is a good site to start) and you'll find instructions on how to remove and disable nVidia's 'default' profiles
    and make a replacement if you want. You'll need to know how to edit an xml file and remove registry entries.

Its one reason why when my nVidia card went pop last year I swapped to an ATI Radeon, not necessarily a better card, but at least I didn't have to faff around with nVidia's pesky profile for FS!!

ttfn

Pete

still can'tfind anything

I've searched the web and tried the Navidia site and the site you mentioned but no luck on how to disable the profiles on the Navidia control panel.luckely there are only two listed, FS9 and IL2 Forgotton Battles which looks like they maximised everything and it looks great, FS9 like I said has some wing jaggies,depends on the plane how noticeable,and some scenery shimmering.
    I'am wondering if this problem will prevent me from adding any effects ,also does anyone else know how to disable the profiles?If not then I have no choice but live with it. Thanks

Try using nvidia Inspector 1.9.6.6, and this guide for setting it up for fs9: http://www.simforums.com/forums/sett...opic36586.html
    This utility will override the profiles within nvidia drivers. I use it for both fs9 and X, and never use the driver control panel.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Thankyou

I used the program and it fixed my problems,thankyou so much.

Glad to help, and thanks to Joe for pointing you to nVidia Inspector settings, after I swapped my graphics card
    I cleared out all the nVidia stuff I no longer needed.

Ttfn

Pete

Ps the link in Joe's post should be put in the tweeks and tips section; please Mr Moderator!!