Retro circa 1993 RAF Marham scenery released

Thread: Retro circa 1993 RAF Marham scenery released

Retro circa 1993 RAF Marham scenery released

The associated AI files (Canberra and Victor) have already had a mention here, but I wanted to give a heads-up for anyone not aware of the release of retro RAF Marham scenery for FSX (and FS9) from John Young at the Airfield Construction Group, available via this link at FlightSim.com

The scenery represents RAF Marham in 1993, the last year of Victor operations, whilst it was also home the Tornado GR1/A and Canberra PR9.

Features include flight plans for the AI aircraft mentioned above, 1m blended photoscenery (including night scenery), autogen trees, AI road traffic and a 5m custom blended mesh (with no Flatten file, thus avoiding "cliffs" at the edge of the scenery). This freeware scenery is designed to work with default, VFR Real Scenery, VFR GenX and Treescapes.

The forums for this scenery are located on the ACG site here.

Enjoy!

Andy Ford

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

That scenery looks fantastic. The 4th screenshot looks like the bomb dump with the brown buildings of the HPS and PBF of 27 Sqn dispersal in the background (as was in 1989). Reminds me of running around with the Station Augmentation Force practising minor infantry tactics. From what I can see, this looks pretty accurate. Great job ACG and John Young, cheers Andy for the heads up.:salute:
    Norwich, a fine city.

I really am beginning to pay attention, whenever I see the logo of the Airfield Construction Group

Nice work you guys are doing

Soeren

My link to the download didn't seem to work. Here is another which will hopefully work this time?!

John has also released an update for the Victor refuelling waypoint here

Dale Ashcroft is also busy releasing repaints for John's AI Canberras and Victors. Nice work Dale!

cheers

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

home,sweet home!

looks;greatmakes me homesickthanks for the hu,H:ernae:
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

A fantastic spot to fly the old trusted Alphasim FGR.2 in FSX...and easy on the framerates! Really a fantastic add-on! Thank you ACG!

No 56 Sqn "Firebirds"
    Godspeed, Bernd
    NATO E-3A Squadron 1, 1993 - 2000

"Runway left behind and altitude above are useless..." Al "Tex" Johnston
    Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

Was thinking about replacing the Tornadoes with some RAF AI Phantoms, but was wondering if there is any historical basis for them based at Marham or contemporary with Victor tankers.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Looking good Andy. Of course everything does at ACG.

Best Jim

Any idea where I can download it now?
    On JF website links are dead.

http://www.justflight.com/product/ra...truction-group
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It was (still is) available at Flightsim.com too YoYo

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    It was (still is) available at Flightsim.com too YoYo

ATB
    DaveB
    I was here (Flightsim) before I posted but I found it at Avsim: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=145140.
    TY!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi, think thats a link to the more recent Tornado era Marham, for some reason, the retro version seems to have been pulled and is only available on the ACG site. dont ask me why ?

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Hi, think thats a link to the more recent Tornado era Marham, for some reason, the retro version seems to have been pulled and is only available on the ACG site. dont ask me why ?

cheers ian

Ahh, yes its a modern version (Avsim).

Great looking scenery! Interesting use of the word, "retro", with regards to 1993.

To me, 1993 was yesterday; and 1970s is retro! NC

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post

cheers ian
    The '93 version IS the retro version AFAIK Ian. Certainly, the readme's it contains refer to it as retro

EDIT: It appears to have gone from Flightsim.com too:-o
    ATB
    DaveB

[QUOTEThe '93 version IS the retro version AFAIK Ian][/QUOTE]

I know Dave, but thats where the confusion starts, it only seems to be the Tornado version released by ACG 2010 thats available at the download site's, including Avsimrus of all place's, the Victor-Canbarra version seems to be unavailable at the main site's. To double check and to make sure im not losing my marbles, ive just put Marham into the FSX-scenery search functions of both Avsim and Flightsim and both came up negative

Sorry Dave, posted before i read your revision, maybe Mr Young has change'd his policy on release's, cant login in to ACG, so i dont really know

It's really odd because not long ago, you could put ACG into the search at Allnodes and get pages and pages of stuff as it brings in not only scenery but models by John Young. Now.. it runs to 3 or 4 pages. The waypoint fix for one of the tankers at Marham is still there but not the scenery itself. Strange...

ATB
    DaveB

I've found all the constituent parts from the original file (Canberra/Victor/GR1 era) and they zip up to around 76mb. Happy to pass it on

ATB
    DaveB

Looks like ACG has shut its doors when you hit their website
    Usually found in Sony Vegas creating the next FS Video and occasionally repainting for movie purposes

http://www.youtube.com/user/UKVoodooUK

Spring chicken to s***ehawk in one easy lesson

daga daga daga daga daga daga daga daga