A_26 Invader multimonitor panel

Thread: A_26 Invader multimonitor panel

A_26 Invader multimonitor panel

I'm trying, with Milton's help, to set up forward left and right 2D views for this aeroplane in FS9.

The first link shows my set up with my own customised left and right fwd 2D views in, I think, the Project Fokker F70. The side views were created in windows (Num+7 and Num+9). These were then undocked and dragged on to either side monitor screen. Once on the screen, I confirmed by right clicking, that these were 'cockpit' views and not 'virtual cockpit' views. The views were then adjusted by changing the panel.cfg variables for:

VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR= xxx, xxx, xxx and VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR= xxx, xxx, xxx

By adjusting the amount of zoom and raising or lowering the bottom of the display it was possible, after some trial and error, to get correct alignment with the central monitor.

F70

The second link shows the situation with only the centre and left monitor for the A-26. I used the same method as with the F70. I was able by tweaking the various factors named above to get good alignment and accurate bezel compensation. The fly in the ointment is the persistent bit of virtual panel. Nothing I do will allow me to get rid of this. I understand that it can be done using a Hex editor but I have no expertise in that. Even if that was possible, I've no idea if the scenery behind would show up.

A-26 Invader

Apologies for the long post but I cannot explain the problem any more succinctly.
    I'd be grateful for advice and help.

John

Quote Originally Posted by JoHubb View Post
    I'm trying, with Milton's help, to set up forward left and right 2D views for this aeroplane in FS9.

The first link shows my set up with my own customised left and right fwd 2D views in, I think, the Project Fokker F70. The side views were created in windows (Num+7 and Num+9). These were then undocked and dragged on to either side monitor screen. Once on the screen, I confirmed by right clicking, that these were 'cockpit' views and not 'virtual cockpit' views. The views were then adjusted by changing the panel.cfg variables for:

VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR= xxx, xxx, xxx and VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR= xxx, xxx, xxx

By adjusting the amount of zoom and raising or lowering the bottom of the display it was possible, after some trial and error, to get correct alignment with the central monitor.

F70

The second link shows the situation with only the centre and left monitor for the A-26. I used the same method as with the F70. I was able by tweaking the various factors named above to get good alignment and accurate bezel compensation. The fly in the ointment is the persistent bit of virtual panel. Nothing I do will allow me to get rid of this. I understand that it can be done using a Hex editor but I have no expertise in that. Even if that was possible, I've no idea if the scenery behind would show up.

A-26 Invader

Apologies for the long post but I cannot explain the problem any more succinctly.
    I'd be grateful for advice and help.

John
    John,

If you want an A26B/C without the VC, I can export one for you. (These two original models are all I have).

I can leave in the wing and engines views but remove the cockpit from the model.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    John,

If you want an A26B/C without the VC, I can export one for you. (These two original models are all I have).

I can leave in the wing and engines views but remove the cockpit from the model.
    Thanks, Milton

I'd be grateful for that. Is it possible to leave in the vc01.bmp if this is the mini panel seen from the outside of the plane?

I made some progress by tweaking the panel.cfg and zoom levels. As you can see I got rid of the virtual panel on the left but only at the expense of the vertical height of the view. On the right, I had some success but again, at a price.

A26_side views

I tried disabling the virtual cockpit .bgl files, and I commented out the [Vcockpit01] entries. This removed the gauges but the background bitmap remained.

You need to tell me which model (there are about 8-10 of them here).

Just give me the .mdl name out of the model folder.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

You need to tell me which model (there are about 8-10 of them here).

Just give me the .mdl name out of the model folder.
    a26bms.mdl but if I had a26c.mdl as well it would give me more options. Many thanks again.

Attached are two new model folders for the a26bnovc and a26cnovc.
    These eliminate the VC cockpit but leave the wings/engines in view.

Just unzip and add to your A26_SOH folder.

Then add [fltsim] sections for each model, or simply change 2 of your existing to use the following:
    (You can comment out the originals like this: //model=a26b)
    model=a26bnovc for the B model, and
    model=a26cnovc for the C model.

Or, simply rename the attached folders to replace your existing:
    model=a26b and model=a26c folders
    (Of course you can copy the originals and leave them in place)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Attached are two new model folders for the a26bnovc and a26cnovc.
    These eliminate the VC cockpit but leave the wings/engines in view.....
    Very kind. Many thanks.

This has made all the difference. Funny thing is that frame rates are hardly affected using this method.

on finals at Keflavik (built by US Forces in WW2 as a bomber base and known then as Meeks Field - also used as stop over for ETO ops).

and arriving at Babimost AFB, Zielona Góra, Poland

EPZG

I am happy that it worked out for you johubb. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here