"Cricket" Update!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Cricket" Update!

"Cricket" Update!

"Dev-One" has completed his work on the Cri-Cri and I have the final aircraft.cfg and mdl files, plus one extra texture for the pilot. I'm checking those right now and as soon as I'm complete and we're sure everything is correct then I'll post the complete airplane. Keith has really done a nice job of updating this airplane. Well Done Keith!!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    (Clarke and Clark)

Ok, made a few cosmetic changes to the panel art to accommodate the updated VC animations (all levers are now clickable/movable via the mouse by either scroll wheel or click and drag). I have a bit of work to do on one other panel that I'm including as an option (there will be three total) and then I'll zip everything up and get it posted.:salute:

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2024
    Waiting here too, great to hear Falcon. :salute:

Changes completed, should be uploaded here in the next hour or so. I have sent several e-mails to the original designer and have had no luck in contacting him. I will assume that either he doesn't care to be contacted, or has changed e-mail addy's. In either case I have made an effort to inform him of the changes made to his model and to get his ok. . . With that, I intend to upload it here and on flightsim.com, as part of the zipfile I will include his original readme's and add one updated readme to highlight the changes made with due credit to the originator. I should think that would suffice, especially since he made the original GMax work available to the public.

A note about the panels included. I don't use 2D panels any more, but I know some folks do. I have only worked on the VC, consequently the 2D panel remains the original 2D and does not reflect the artwork or changes made to the VC. If there is enough of a need to redo the 2D panels to match, then I'll consider doing new art for those. I chose not to for the reason stated above and because I wanted to get this released as soon as Keith was able to finish his work. I think you'll enjoy the changes and hopefully we'll find some new admirers of this unusual but fun little "twin".:salute:

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Changes completed, should be uploaded here in the next hour or so. I have sent several e-mails to the original designer and have had no luck in contacting him. I will assume that either he doesn't care to be contacted, or has changed e-mail addy's. In either case I have made an effort to inform him of the changes made to his model and to get his ok. . . With that, I intend to upload it here and on flightsim.com, as part of the zipfile I will include his original readme's and add one updated readme to highlight the changes made with due credit to the originator. I should think that would suffice, especially since he made the original GMax work available to the public.

A note about the panels included. I don't use 2D panels any more, but I know some folks do. I have only worked on the VC, consequently the 2D panel remains the original 2D and does not reflect the artwork or changes made to the VC. If there is enough of a need to redo the 2D panels to match, then I'll consider doing new art for those. I chose not to for the reason stated above and because I wanted to get this released as soon as Keith was able to finish his work. I think you'll enjoy the changes and hopefully we'll find some new admirers of this unusual but fun little "twin".:salute:
    I tried a version in FSX but it would not show up, will this one work?

Quote Originally Posted by oakfloor View Post
    I tried a version in FSX but it would not show up, will this one work?
    Even before this one was redone, straight out of the FS9 download it would show up. Not sure why yours would not. The changes we made are for that very reason, so it can be used in FSX.

Current System Specs:

I have uploaded the zipfile to Box.net for download while I take the time to get it uploaded and posted here on the SOH downloads page. I am unsure about the state of the download however because after zipping everything and saving to my desktop, the zipfile didn't change to the "zip" icon. . .instead it was just a blank page. . .I had to associated it to "Izarc" which is the zip program I use. That's never happened before. I have downloaded it from Box.net and it works fine, but with so many different zip programs, I need to be sure this will work. So if you use any program other than Izarc, please download the file and see if it opens correctly. If not, I'm going to have to redo the process. Thanks!

https://www.box.com/s/ztju1rj72snhnzskiasz

Current System Specs:

This is the high-lite of my day!!!! Thank you Falcon409 and Dev-One.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I have uploaded the zipfile to Box.net for download while I take the time to get it uploaded and posted here on the SOH downloads page. I am unsure about the state of the download however because after zipping everything and saving to my desktop, the zipfile didn't change to the "zip" icon. . .instead it was just a blank page. . .I had to associated it to "Izarc" which is the zip program I use. That's never happened before. I have downloaded it from Box.net and it works fine, but with so many different zip programs, I need to be sure this will work. So if you use any program other than Izarc, please download the file and see if it opens correctly. If not, I'm going to have to redo the process. Thanks!

https://www.box.com/s/ztju1rj72snhnzskiasz
    Works with 7 Zip

Steve

Charter Member 2015
    And Winrar.

Thank you Falcon :salute:

Ok, thanks guys. Unfortunately it appears that there's something missing that SOH Upload looks for as it won't accept the file. I am getting rid of "Izarc" (no idea why it suddenly quite functioning).. .and I'm going with WinZip. I'll still get this uploaded to SOH this evening. It does appear that the link still works for most folks though. . .weird.:isadizzy:

Current System Specs:

Yeah, I cannot find anything to unzip it.

Yeah, I cannot find anything to unzip it.
    So do you not have any unzip program. . .or are you saying you have one but it doesn't unzip this file?

Current System Specs:

Ok, that was a pain, lol. . . .finally got WinZip to work and the file has been uploaded. If the link above continues to work for most folks, great. If you find that the file you download won't unzip with your program. . .hold tight, it'll show up in the SOH downloads section soon!!

Current System Specs:

[QUOTE=falcon409;754230]So do you not have any unzip program. . .or are you saying you have one but it doesn't unzip this file?[/QU
    Seems I dont, Im going to get Winzip ASAP, Thanks.

Seems I dont, Im going to get Winzip ASAP, Thanks.
    Yea, you'll need some kind of Unzip utility for a lot of the addons you download. . .most everything is "Zipped".:salute:

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2023
    I d'led from your Box.com & unzipped it with my 'normal' WinRAR (from rarlabs) with no problems.
    Nice one Falcon, like the repaint & new cockpit.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    I d'led from your Box.com & unzipped it with my 'normal' WinRAR (from rarlabs) with no problems.
    Nice one Falcon, like the repaint & new cockpit.
    Keith
    Glad it worked for you Keith. Beautiful job of adding the animation/texture mapping, pilot and FDE mods. It's already had over 50 downloads and just since being posted around midnight CST. There are lotsa Crickets in the air already!!:salute:

Current System Specs:

i tried of the "box" download and wouldnt work for me,i have winzip,and another zipfile program i havent learned the name of..but its exactly like winzip and is free,thing is,i had downloaded a game from "steam" and they put it on my puter ,over the top of winzip...it works fine,is free and fully functional..soooo...lol

If a download does not look like a file with a zipper or a stack of books strapped together, then change the file type. Add .zip to the end of the file, right click, click on extract files. This is what I did for the
    "box" download last night. Worked great. Every windows installation I have ever owned has had an "extract all" function without having to download any new programs. A good suggestion is to always click on tools/folder options/view/ and uncheck 'hide hidden file extensions', then apply to all folders. Then you will always be able to see what file type you are working with.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

SOH-CM-2023
    Dandog,
    Having started our trip through the backwoods in 'improving' the Cricri, have our labours been worthwhile to you?
    Keith

Hey Dev-One, I do not know if I am qualified to have an opinion. I have only garnered the skill set of an FS consumer, not a contributor. I think that the little Cri-Cri is awesome. The pilot sure gives an element of proportion. The VC work by Falcon409 and yourself is awesome. This plane has really come alive! The engine doesn't even whine at hi revs while sitting on the tarmac anymore. The one thing I would like it to have is a transponder so I can squawk properly. I do not want to be excluded from B, C, or D airspace (don't think I'll be at class A any time soon).

In my humble opinion, the two you have done justice to this forgotten little plane!:salute:
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Daveroo and anyone else having problems with the download link I posted above. . . .just get it from the SOH Library. No need to mess with it any more now that it's been posted here.:salute:

Current System Specs:

. . . .by the by. . .has anyone noticed that I forgot to include a "Master" switch?:isadizzy:

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 107