CARIB AIR C-47/DC-3

Thread: CARIB AIR C-47/DC-3

CARIB AIR C-47/DC-3

Ok here is the latest update on the slow going CARIB AIR repaint based on Manfred's Douglas C-47.
    And I even remembered to make a new thread this time :salute:

The letters are still a bit high on the fuselage and the nose still needs to get "fixed" but it's in the home stretch now.

Attachment 74096

Cheers
    Stefan

SOH-CM-2020
    Looking good Stefan

Pete.

I've been away for a week and slowly catching up with the SOH posts. As I read some of your posts on other threads I was thinking "Gee, wonder if he's forgotten about the Caribair project?"

Then I turned the page and S U R P R I S E !

Wow!

- H52

A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

No no not forgotten at all....just not finding enough time to sit down and work on it as I would like. Between the IPhone and IPad I can post to SOH on any break or whole sitting in an airport terminal somewhere between where I was and where I am going....but neither one is very good for actually working on textures
    Since that update the nose has been fixed as much as I can and a few other minor tweaks done.
    I think she is just about ready for flight....if I get another good evenings worth of time on it.

Cheers
    Stefan

Take your time, Sunny. No rush on my part.

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Ok....it is not perfect but it is as good as I am going to get it. I have tried every which way from Sunday that I could think of but there is a 1/2 pixel off-set in the lines at the beak.

Take a look see for yourself and hopefully you can live with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?culntzaf5i37lnp

Cheers
    Stefan

Apparently I can't spell anymore because there were a couple doozies in the Carib textures .... so I went back and fixed those and also changed the REG# font on the wings.
    If you downloaded the textures before you might want to get the updated file here : http://www.mediafire.com/?84bo33kkiwpeu1d

This is the last time I am bringing this old thread back...I swear.

Cheers
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post

This is the last time I am bringing this old thread back...I swear.
    famous last words

many thanks Stefan! :salute:

LOL Matt ... this time I mean it. The repaint was done basically as a request by one member and turned into much more fiddling than I had anticipated.
    Next on my list is a repaint of the Harpoon in the colors of the "Lost Ventura N5567D" .... to replace the stand in I had made a while back on Milton's 500.

Attachment 78260

Cheers
    Stefan

Mein Gott! my eyes *puts sunglasses on* "enough dayglo on that thing?" looks good, keep it up! :salute:

Based on this air-2-air of Taigh Ramey's blog about the recovery of the bird....for the most part I wanted to get the weathered look of the paint being almost orange in places and more red in others. And since it was only a stand in using the 500 I did not invest too much time in it.

Attachment 78261

Cheers
    Stefan

good grief! that nosecone sure took a beating... what were they doing? pebble-dashing the thing?

Members who have read this thread: 35