reinstalling Nellis AFB?

Thread: reinstalling Nellis AFB?

Anime Adoring Aviator

Question reinstalling Nellis AFB?

Hi, I have removed the Alphasim Nellis AFB addon scenery because it was too heavy on the frame rates. Untill now the default scenery always returned when I uninstalled addon scenery. This time that did not happen, I just have a patch of barren ground where Nellis used to be.

I do not understand what is causing this. All the Nellis files were in 1 addon scenery folder and it is removed from my hd and the scenery index. I have reinstalled Namc, Name and Namw from my FS disc to be sure but that did not help either.

Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? I am not looking forward to a complete reinstall of FS9 for 1 missing airport.

The Nellis AFCAD is in \Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\NAMW\scenery\AP917190.BGL, but since you said you've reinstalled that from CD, that BGL should be correct. The first thing I'd do is view that folder in Details view, then sort by either Date Created or Date Modified (right click the headers to add them if you need to) and look for something with a more recent date. If you let Windows overwrite the existing files with the onces from the CD, that would not effect any files that did not have a duplicate name coming from the CD - those would be left alone. My guess is that there's an exclude bgl that might still be there hiding the default Nellis.

By the way, the rest of the airbase should be contained in the eight other *917190.bgl files. If you do a search for exactly what I have in bold, you should find them. On my setup, FL through UT were all modified 5/21/2003. AB was on 5/29, and AP was 5/31. I used to remember what some of the other prefix codes meant, but it's been a while.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Anime Adoring Aviator
    Thanks for the suggestions Tom,

I could find nothing odd in the Namw folder but to be sure I deleted it and replaced it completely. That did not help, whatever is causing this is not in the Namw folder.

All the Alpahsim bgl files were in a Nellis folder that is removed and now I know the default bgl files are also fine. What else can cause this to happen?

Possibly an exclude file left over from the AS Nellis Scenery? Maybe check the Addon Scenery\scenery folder for something that looks like "xxx_KLSV_excl.bgl" or something along that line. As you already know, default scenery should simply reappear once an addon scenery has been uninstalled, so an exclude file left behind or placed in a different folder and simply missed during the uninstall would be my guess.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I'll echo the Addon Scenery\Scenery route. That's the next likely place that an exclude would be placed. The only other place I can think of would be the Scenery\World\scenery folder.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home