Will we ever see a native Lockheed P38?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will we ever see a native Lockheed P38?

Will we ever see a native Lockheed P38?

I have brought up this subject in the past, and I know there are a portover or two. Not what I am looking for to be honest.
    I think this topic transpired last year. Back then there was a developer 'working' on one.

Does anyone know anything about a native?
    Mums the word

The Flightsim Developers P-38 by Kevin 'Gibbage' Miller is native FSX, and it's a beauty at that.
    Mathias

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

You two may be refreshing my memory. Was the FSD model the same one as the Just Flight model? And wasn't there a demo available?
    I think I may have downloaded and tested this one last year.

Not that I answered my previous question, although I did find this demo after quite a bit of Googling! http://www.justflight.com/demos

The Sky Unlimited P-38, the FSX one, isn't a port over. It doesn't get a lot of love here, but as a card carrying member of the "P-38 Nut Club", I like it.

- Paul

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

SkyUnlimited has a very nice set of Native FSX P-38's as well.
    http://www.skyunlimited.net/p38_fsx.htm

I have these and the FSD ones, and enjoy all.

EDIT: Posted at the same time as PRB...JINX!

Sorry to butt in but I have got all the P-38s and the FSD/Milviz one is very very nice indeed (not the same as the JF model)
    Dave
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

How did you miss it OB?

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Now I'm confused. FSD, SkyUnlimited, and Justflight.

Kevin Miller did the modeling of the one released by FSD
    Kevin Miller also did the modeling of the one released by SkyUnlimited?
    Then, where, or who, ahh heck. Who is the one sold by Justflight modeled by.
    Added: FSD is MilViz?

Who's who? :isadizzy:
    I'm going to take up drinking by the weekend at this rate.

Correct, Kevin did both the FSD and the SU models.
    The FSD model is the more recent and probably the more up to current standards version of the two.
    No relation to Milviz other than that they cooperated with some releases in the past (FSD and Milviz that is).
    At Justflight you'll find portovers made by Aeroplane Heaven if I understand it correctly.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    How did you miss it OB?
    I thought you knew me by now. I'm a repainter lost in my own canvas. Like a groundhog to winter.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    The P-38 at Just Flight was modeled/coded by Aeroplane Heaven to be marketed on Just Flight. Kevin did the modeling on the one for FSD as it was done in conjunction with us (Milviz) while we were partnered with FSD. I have all variants plus the Sky Unlimited series with the later models. I am partial to our (FSD/Milviz) P-38. However I do have a ton of hours in the Just Flight P-38 from a round the world flight I did with her. You ask me is just up to where you want your money to go. The Sky Unlimited birds are a good bang for the buck. The Just Flight model blew me away the first time I flew it.. The FSD/Milviz P-38 you get both a WWII variant and a modern cockpit variant if you are in to doing current day flying. So is really just up to what you want. P-38 is one of my favorite birds though, and any time a new one comes out I have to get it even though I already have so many versions. Doesn't look like there are anymore coming though so my wallet should be safe.

EDIT: FSD is not Milviz. It is a seperate entity. When we first were getting started there was not much experience in FSX/coding. So Tom did a lot to help and teach us. So hopefully that clarifies things a little bit. We partnered with a lot of people over the years.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

As to the FSD one, I like the modern cockpit "Red Bull" one the best. Beautiful VC, one of the best ever.

- Paul

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

This is GREAT info. Everyone. All of you coming together here reveals answers to a LOT of questions. Not only for myself, but I am sure there are plenty of others who have wondered.
    As for my choice, I think best to keep this to myself. Out of consideration to all the developers in a/the P-38.

Thanks go out to all of you who responded.
    By the way, I remember now. My interest (last year) came from interest in the Lockheed P-61. Another GREAT twin. This is where it all started.

I have the FSD P38 also. Great model. I really like the gauges on the war version, they have a unique look and "feel" to them.

I've added the Lockheed P-38 variants to my "Buy On Sale<>Budget" list if that ever comes.

Well, it's not on sale but, we are redoing this bird as we speak... not the model so much but we are removing all of the FSD DRM's, hooks, code and having Bernt do a new FDE as well as adding RXP capability (a la B-55) for the modern vc version...

We are making it our own...

Thanks for the space....

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    That is good news, Colin! In another thread the suggestion was made that you might redo the YF-23 also. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Well, it's not on sale but, we are redoing this bird as we speak... not the model so much but we are removing all of the FSD DRM's, hooks, code and having Bernt do a new FDE as well as adding RXP capability (a la B-55) for the modern vc version...

We are making it our own...

Thanks for the space....

These are excellent news!!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    The Sky Unlimited P-38, the FSX one, isn't a port over. It doesn't get a lot of love here, but as a card carrying member of the "P-38 Nut Club", I like it.
    I don't have the FSD Lightning, mainly due to the complicated install and registration procedure, but, like Paul, I do like the Sky Unlimited P-38! After Stiz did the FsX conversion and an upgrade it is now a great aircraft to fly!

Comes with a 'Yippee' too!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Now I'm confused. FSD, SkyUnlimited, and Justflight.

Kevin Miller did the modeling of the one released by FSD
    Kevin Miller also did the modeling of the one released by SkyUnlimited?
    Then, where, or who, ahh heck. Who is the one sold by Justflight modeled by.
    Added: FSD is MilViz?

Who's who? :isadizzy:
    I'm going to take up drinking by the weekend at this rate.
    to be exact

Kevin did the modeling of the FSD one and the older Sky Unlimited one that was done for fs9, i did the native fsx conversion (of the SU one) as well as as repainting it, codeing and a bit of remodeling etc. Aeroplane Heaven did the Just flight one and its not a native FSX model but a port over of their old FS9 one. FSD and Milvis are separate developers, i believe FSD commissioned Milvis to do the P38.

Should clear it up
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    FSD and Milvis are separate developers, i believe FSD commissioned Milvis to do the P38.
    Due to your signatures request: It's Milviz

FSD didn't commission the P-38. We did. We then asked FSD to do the code base, manual and distribution. There were... difficulties. Those were the main reason that we decided to do all of the code, sounds, manuals and distribution on our own...

The P-38 is being done as we speak... And we are adding RXP compatibility to the modern (red bull) version...which should make it a REALLY good cross country bird. Much better than any single engined could be.

The YF-23... not sure yet. To be honest, sales were far less than spectacular on that one... Maybe it was too clean... too simple? I don't know but...

Colin, if your P-38 will be in the same league (I mean visually and functional) as the F-86 I'll need a wig because of pulling my hair out due to not being able to wait.

Question, please forgive my ignorance, what is RXP)

Best,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Members who have read this thread: 106