hypothetical..make believe..what if

Thread: hypothetical..make believe..what if

hypothetical..make believe..what if

lets say its christmas,you are wealthy,you have 8 members in your family,and you want to go up and look at christmas light decorations from the sky,(not only does the local news chopper do this every year,but i see and hear aircraft circling the major made up nieghborhoods).

what aircraft would you chose? you are the pilot,your co-pilot is a family member,and that leaves 6 in the rear...of course you could use a 172 and do turns....but you are wealthy and can afford a larger airplane...

do you go with a high wing ,or low wing?...quest kodiac?..C208? DHC-6-400?..king air?

Was a time in Wobblyville (ex-Christchurch) in the Taitape suburb this one street got shut down due to traffic wanting to check the Xmas lighting ... trouble was you could'nt have a plane or many planes at night due to the proimity to Wobbly's Inlt airport :mixedsmi: <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

BN2 Islander. It is high wing for good downward visibility, side by side by seating (narrow fuselage to see out either side), and plenty of seating for all. Plus, you can go slow with some flaps and those piston engines at low RPM.

Dandog, aka Daniel
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

A lot of pilots who offer the rides to people up here own King Air's. They are nice to be able to circle for hours. PC-12 also has been more popular as of recent along with 208 for economical reasons.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Easy - Pilatus PC-12.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Charter Member 2012
    Rein Deer and sleigh!

Charter Member 2015
    MC-130 with the ramp open....and a HALO jump for the finale.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I'd probably choose Consolidated Catalina. Large pistons, vintage design and slow speed create nice ambience: there's no hurry anywhere and machine suits well for low and slow flying. High wing and tail glass "bubbles" give nice view outside of the plane

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    DHC-6-400 need i say anything else. Need something to take a bite out of Cold and Snow WX. That is my beloved Twin Otter of Canada.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

The C208 Caravan is a favorite of mine, so it would be my plane of choice.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

She only comes out once a year. Specially designed for Christmas light viewing with plenty of wide open forward viewing and extra side viewing ports.