Milviz F-86F-30 Sabre On Final - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Milviz F-86F-30 Sabre On Final

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    'it would be cool to get a good looking mig 15 to chase the saber though :P
    ... or vice versa...

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Jets, even these early ones aren't really my thing, but the image look absolutely stunning!

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I agree on the T-33....I pray it will have under wing tanks and the under fuselage ecm pod
    Who was flying ECM pods on T-33's?
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Two major users of ECM pods on T-33s...

1. USAF Defense Systems Evaluation Squadron (DSES) units in the 60's and 70's flew with ECM and chaff pods (these units where used to exercise US air defense capability and they flew EB-57s and AT-33s)
    2, The Canadian Forces also flew a version called the ET-33 (I think) used to exercise other aircraft (F-18s for example)

Kent

I thought as much. From 1966 to 1968 I worked ECM for the 4677 DSES at Hill AFB for the EB-57D and E's. I heard back then that ALE-2's were being used on some T-33's somewhere. But, never heard about active ECM pods of any sort.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

I would LOVE...

...an EB-57 in FSX-- the Alphasim one is really long in the tooth. The EE Canberra of course has been done ad nauseaum....

K

No jet yet..have money to spend, just dont know when, I can fly a saber, and pay you for your labor, post link up and make a buck so I can fly so low I make you duck..

A Milviz B-57, I'd be all over that.

As I already wrote about the F15 elsewhere, there's sensuality in these textures... I've never seen other cockpit with that feeling that you can touch the metal, the paint or the glass and they will feel like metal, paint or glass... This is a masterpiece, and I could buy this plane for this sole reason, like a book or a picture.

All nice and dandy (it really is nice ) but as has been asked before and not answered. How's this airplane replicating the systems? I want to have some work to do in the cockpit. I want to have to worry about flame outs and it's quirks in flight behaviour. Is it replicated and to what extent?

Thank guys for making such a beautiful aircraft (as all your stuff)!

Attachment 73901
    I know it's the "K" but still beautiful!
    Anneke

Anneke,

I'll let one of the development/coder guys answer that question for you

Stunning pictures Diego, thanks for posting!

As a user of Gmax [ok, a very poor one] and Paint Shop Pro, I'm just gobsmacked at the care and detail... Just look at the wiring coil to the map lamp - amazing.

I'm sure many of you recall the FS9 F-86 made by Kirk Olsson? It was superb for it's time, but my we've come a long way thanks to great developers such as Milviz.

Plastic is at the ready for this beauty.

Dave.

@Anneke: the plane is not exactly complex in terms of systems. The only major thing we didn't do (yet) is the weapons/radar system(s). As for flameouts... it wasn't known for that but, that said... there are things that can "happen"... bad things....

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    As requested by Kiwikat...
    DANG! MD, you really know how to put a chap off his 3ds Max experimenting! OTOH, I look closer at how detailed the modeling is, what's simple and what's more complex and I think someday...

Colin and crew, that's the best thing for FSX I've ever seen. Congratulations to you all! (still saving my pennies...)
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Those shots radiate immersion, Diego! I'll buy this beauty as soon as it is released.

These cockpit images are stunning. A definite buy!

Cheeers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Awesome shots, Diego! Thanks! :ernae:

Diego, what airshow did you visit to get those shots. Absolutely fantastic. This is definitely a must for me. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Awesome pics Diego. :isadizzy: I'm warming up my credit card as we speak..

Thanks for all the kind words. It's been a pleasure working on this project. The real thanks should go to our modelers and painters. They're some of the best in the industry!

Well.....I know I sometimes seem to be a sour grape but I have renewed my interest in the MILVIZ products thanks to their customer service. I will be buying this one...and mayu be testing the F-15E for a possible purchase at some point.

Is this the same Sabre that was shown with the over-done weathering and domed rivets a few months ago ? Can't remember if that was by Milviz, but whatever, THIS one is great !

Check out that coiled flex at the left - a classic case of 'the little details that really make a model'. Lovely work, and as somebody who prefers props, even I might get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post

Regards, Diego

There is nothing like flicking across to this thread and seeing cockpit screens like that .. WOW i'm scared to touch the monitor in case a start something up or turn something on or forbid , drop a couple tanks

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Well.....I know I sometimes seem to be a sour grape but I have renewed my interest in the MILVIZ products thanks to their customer service. I will be buying this one...and mayu be testing the F-15E for a possible purchase at some point.

...I beg you to reconsider on the F-15E. DO NOT BUY THIS ADDON!!!!

....Because of the Milviz F-15E, I have no AI aircraft in my sim (I used the F-15E to shoot them all down), no addon scenery (I bombed it all to heck), and no one wants to fly with me in multiplayer. Ever. I have no AI, scenery, or flying friends as a result of the Milviz Strike Eagle. Stay away from it....it is as addictive as any drug out there, and can cause serious side effects in real life (like starting fights with total strangers for no reason at all just because the F-15E makes you feel invincible). So, I say again, DO NOT BUY IT!!
    Matt

Members who have read this thread: 183