FSNav for FSX?? (Payware)

Thread: FSNav for FSX?? (Payware)

FSNav for FSX?? (Payware)

http://www.fstramp.com/

only for Vista or Win 7, no XP.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

This looks like a very significant and long desired development for the FSX crowd.

Wow, I wouldn't have given you a plug nickle for the chances that FSNav would rise from the ashes for FSX. The format, general appearance, everything says FSNav. Isn't Helge the one who developed FSNav for FS9? I will be downloading the demo version and giving it a shot. If this is half as good as it looks, this has been a long time coming.:salute::salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Spittin' image of FSNav, with one significant difference. . . .with FSNav, you could drag airports to a flight plan window and save those as a complete flight plan, then you could also export that flight plan using a variety of options (such as an "ini" file for use with FSHost for making hoplists). As far as I can tell and from what I've read in the documentation, that's not a function within this program, at this time. It's not a Sale Killer necessarily, but that was a key function that I used in FS9. It appears that it will only accept flightplans loaded through the flight planner, but still I have found no way to export those or save in a different format. Beyond that, it's nice to see this made available.

Current System Specs:

Just keeping this active for a bit longer.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Just read through some reviews on Avsim, I guess still not up to par as the old FSNav. Long time user of FSNav in FS9, but after the transition to FSX, I pretty much had to figure out other ways to do the same things, nice to be able to add waypoints on the fly with the FS map or with certain models (Iris, VRS).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Looks to be the same guy, yet :-)
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Is there a "fly to" option that allows you to click on a location on the map and then the aircraft flies to that location?

Dunno, but there's a FREE 20-flight trial before you buy, so I guess you can try it....... looks a lot like FSNav on first sight.
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Is there a "fly to" option that allows you to click on a location on the map and then the aircraft flies to that location?
    Yes you can, and I believe the reason it "looks" like FSNav is because it was produced by the same guy, although for the price ($42.00) it would have been even better had he included the options I mentioned above that were a major part of FSNav. (at least for me they were).:salute:

Current System Specs:

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Now for some bad news. As I use P3D exclusively and only have a bare bones FSX it will not create an airport database. So until that is rectified it will sit on my computer. I used to love FSNav in FS9. One of the advanteges I liked was the fact it would give you an idea as to where to begin your descent to your destination.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Well, after flying it for a few minutes I am liking what I'm seeing. The fact that you can't inport/export flight plans is definately a negative but the fact that it has the old "fly to" function makes me want to go ahead and buy this handy program.

Maybe if sales are good the designer will begin to add some original functions back into the program. It's also a great feature to be able to have a moving map window right within FSX. So far I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Well, after flying it for a few minutes I am liking what I'm seeing. The fact that you can't import/export flight plans is definitely a negative but the fact that it has the old "fly to" function makes me want to go ahead and buy this handy program.
    Maybe if sales are good the designer will begin to add some original functions back into the program. It's also a great feature to be able to have a moving map window right within FSX. So far I like it.
    Yep, I agree completely. I'll have to wait til the paycheck hits again to pick this up, but I'll definitely purchase it. I had been using "Plan-G" but only on a limited basis because it runs so slow. Anything I would click on to change a view or a function/window, would just be agonizingly slow to happen. FSTramp get's me back to functions at full speed. . .great to have it back even with a few things missing.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Has anyone actually tried it on XP, no urgent desire to spend on win 7 until forced to

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Just read through some reviews on Avsim, I guess still not up to par as the old FSNav. Long time user of FSNav in FS9, but after the transition to FSX, I pretty much had to figure out other ways to do the same things, nice to be able to add waypoints on the fly with the FS map or with certain models (Iris, VRS).
    I'm curious as to "the other ways" you do the same things" if you don't mind sharing. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Has anyone actually tried it on XP, no urgent desire to spend on win 7 until forced to
    yes doesn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    yes doesn't show up.
    Ok, pity but thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Ok, pity but thanks for the info
    yes. It will install and build the data base and even ask u to trust the dll file but that's it. U go to bring it up in the sim and no good.

Only works in windowed mode... oh well!

Guess I'll just keep using skyvector.com. :mixedsmi:

Well, we waited a long time for this and apart from a couple of disappointments I'm very happy with it. I tried it then bought it.

Disappointment #1 is that it only works in windowed mode. I prefer to fly in full screen but I'm living with that.
    Disappointment # 2 is the previously mentioned inability to create a flight plan within FSTramp like you can in FSNav

There is a good feature that FSNav did not have and that's the tracking of AI and multiplayer aircraft, also the maps are very good.

Overall I vote it a winner. I marvel at the programming skill that has gone into this product.

My last excuse for flying FS9 has gone ....

Bob.

Well put Bob,

Purchased this morning via. Paypal which was flawless.

I really like FSTramps simplicity - I like the fact that it starts up instantly and the map detail seems very good indeed.

The terrain mode is nice too.

I already fly with FSX in windowed mode and run W7, but I'm surprised it's not XP compatible...

I'd have liked a built in flight planning feature, but for the type of flying I do it's just perfect.

Dave.

This is a move in the right direction.

I like what I see so far.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Members who have read this thread: 75