GAS Travel Air Mystery Ship

Thread: GAS Travel Air Mystery Ship

GAS Travel Air Mystery Ship

Next up. One of four versions being planned. No VC yet but soon.

Great stuff Paul:salute:

With this Mystery Ship, the Alabeo GeeBee, the Caudron a while back...really great to see some golden age racers making it to FSX

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A lot of great classics otw.

This is a neat looking airplane! I might get'er.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

How 'bout that...

The announcement of two classic racers in two days....

Maybe the world isn't coming to an end after all?

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Next up. One of four versions being planned. No VC yet but soon.
    Joy! I'm glad you folks are doing it!

Let's see.

If I remember, NR614K had two sets of wings, short and long, for closed course and long distance racing.
    Then there was NR1313, the 'Texaco 13', and NR482N, aka Doolittle's '400'.
    The Italian Government bought an 'R' to study it though too...

But surely that would that mean that one of the versions is going to be NR613K?
    (Which is still flying)
    I'm sure 'Pancho' would at the very least let you have a steak dinner on the "house".
    (If she were still around)

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pRTaa7sTOzI?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Great news!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Looking good Paul! Awesome.... Nice choice for a plane!
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Thanks all. It is our hope to provide a Golden Age "playground" for racing as part of the package. Still very much a WIP. We'll update as things begin to sort themselves out

Thanks all. It is our hope to provide a Golden Age "playground" for racing as part of the package. Still very much a WIP. We'll update as things begin to sort themselves out
    The work continues. We plan on doing 4 of the five aircraft made. So far ship 31 and Frank Hawks Texaco 13 are well along. Jimmy Doolittle's Shell "400" will be done as well and Poncho Barnes 613K. Our plan is also to revert FSX Cleveland Muni to 1930 placing some Golden Age in FSX for racing on-line with friends. We'll be adding a Paulin Altimeter which except for a 2D version for FS 2002, has never been seen as a 3D modeled part in an version of flight simulator. lastly we're entering into adding 3D gauges through out the VC cockpit. Due to the scenery project soon to begin, release will be after the first of the year. Here's a screen shot of two of the racers

The work continues. We plan on doing 4 of the five aircraft made. So far ship 31 and Frank Hawks Texaco 13 are well along. Jimmy Doolittle's Shell "400" will be done as well and Poncho Barnes 613K. Our plan is also to revert FSX Cleveland Muni to 1930 placing some Golden Age in FSX for racing on-line with friends. We'll be adding a Paulin Altimeter which except for a 2D version for FS 2002, has never been seen as a 3D modeled part in an version of flight simulator. lastly we're entering into adding 3D gauges through out the VC cockpit. Due to the scenery project soon to begin, release will be after the first of the year. Here's a screen shot of two of the racers

EXCELLENT -
    so how hard would it be to change out the default mustangs in the Reno missions for these?
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    EXCELLENT -
    so how hard would it be to change out the default mustangs in the Reno missions for these?
    I really don't know. FSX missions are not something I've ever looked into. That said if everything works out as expected there will be a new race course added with the package that reverts the current Cleveland Hopkins airport to the original Cleveland Municipal Airport of 1930. Might be more fun to fly that course. I did take the model to Reno and was totally confused by the pylon placements.

I really don't know. FSX missions are not something I've ever looked into. That said if everything works out as expected there will be a new race course added with the package that reverts the current Cleveland Hopkins airport to the original Cleveland Municipal Airport of 1930. Might be more fun to fly that course. I did take the model to Reno and was totally confused by the pylon placements.
    even better with the Cleveland airport of the era - thanks for the info Spad54
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

*Bump*

The recent thread about the Alabeo Gee Bee prompted my memory about this wonderful looking GAS creation of the same vintage. Hope all is well in the New Year!
    -Mark