Alabeo Gee Bee? You bet! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alabeo Gee Bee? You bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    No. No.
    The one that made me bust out laughing was the Taco Bell 'Critical Mass' racing paint.
    Anyone who has ever eaten Taco Bell knows how true that is....
    LOL, I wish I didn't have to say that I know how true that statement is!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

New screenies again and words: Coming soon .

http://www.alabeo.com/index.php?acci...mview&correl=8

I see too modern equipment:

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you YoYo,I'll be watching out for release

Patrick

Maaan, if Alabeo keeps making planes like the Waco and this one then they may quickly become by favorite developer.
    "But there are two certain targets 135 miles from here that don't expect us . . . Let's get Enterprise and Hornet turned into the wind."
    Actor Glenn Ford portraying R. Adm. Raymond Spruance in "Midway"

This aircraft is coming out in February.

Quote Originally Posted by kernelPANIC View Post
    This aircraft is coming out in February.
    How do you know this? I think - next week.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    How do you know this? I think - next week.
    Call it a "hunch"

Hubba-Hubba.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

I can just about land their SU-26 and thats taken hours of practising.....how am I going to manage with this?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by T6flyer View Post
    I can just about land their SU-26 and thats taken hours of practising.....how am I going to manage with this?

Martin
    Well... (Delmar Benjamin on landing the Gee Bee R-2 Replica)

"On landing, you need to keep speed up so you don't get into aileron reversal, and you need to see the runway, so usually when I'm downwind, when I cross the numbers I start a turn and come right down to the runway and level out and touch down and try to touch down easy because the shock absorbers on this thing don't work well, and it'll tear the gear off the airplane. Then your elevators quit working at about 80 mph, so the tail will come down on its own at about 80-100 mph and that is too fast to be going down the runway and you can't see anything in front of you. And there's so many curved surfaces you can't look out one side and tell if you're straight, so you try to put your head back against the headrest and you try to keep the same amount of runway on both sides—-you can only see a little pie shape of runway behind the wings and you try to keep the same amount." - Delmar Benjamin

Full article here from August of 1998: http://www.avweb.com/news/osh2002/183335-1.html?type=pf

R-1 and R-2 were larger, so you can see slightly better out of a 'Z', but same principle for landing, use your "peripheral" vision in the sim to have equal parts of the runway out the sides of the window.

For folks that want to practice landing a 'Z', Warwick Carter's wonderful freeware version of the Model Z is still available over at FlightSim.com:
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....archid=5729491

I am getting this Alabeo version on release though. It's beautiful.
    Any version of a Granville Brothers plane goes in my hangar.

Many thanks for the above information, so much appreciated. I was very lucky to see Delmar's replica flying at Oshkosh about 12 years ago. I've tried the freeware version this morning and had a few trials and tribulations, but in the end made a somewhat controlled landing and takeoff. Its not easy, but I'm getting there and looking forward to see the Alabeo example.

Thanks again,

Martin

Anyone know anything on release date?

It would seem to be "soon," as the latest update pictures they just posted were noted as Alabeo FSX Geebee ready for takeoff.

Members who have read this thread: 82