No Thanks

Thread: No Thanks

No Thanks

What's all this 'Number of Thanks' rubbish ? Really tacky. No thanks.

Ha! I have been wondering the same thing myself.

Maybe we old farts just don't belong to the "kinder, gentler" generation that requires constant "reinforcement".

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    What's all this 'Number of Thanks' rubbish ? Really tacky. No thanks.
    I don't know either but, it looks like you have been thanked 6 times in one post.

RD

lefty, I agree with you 100%. I wanted to post as you have done when I saw the gizmo arrive on site but I didn't have the guts to do so in case I offended some timid soul somewhere.

Us both being British, I suppose it is not a thing we feel necessary. I personally, am more concerned with making my posts spelling & grammatically correct than using these 'new age' patronisations, (although I am guilty of using it once).

'Fetch the bathchair Creighton, I feel an attack of the gout is imminent. I fear I'm done for Polo in the morrow'.

Graham.

Sorry lefty, I forgot to thank you....

It's the SOH equivalent of the "like" button on faceblurt
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    "like" button on faceblurt

It's a horrible invention. Instead of writing "thank you" or "I like your post and here is why..." you can just lazily click like. Takes the social out of social media. Not sure if I 'like' to see that kind of function on public forums either. Well to each it's own

Retired SOH Administrator
    Thank all of you guys for your input. This is something new we are trying. We tried this just to see who would be fussin....lol....is it working?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

It's all you trendy young whippersnappers in Admin, Mike........

Anyway, even if I wanted to (which I DON'T), I wouldn't know what to tick !

Thanks for the support, guys. Maybe I won't be drummed out of the Brownies for sedition after all.

No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    It's a horrible invention. Instead of writing "thank you" or "I like your post and here is why..." you can just lazily click like. =
    Agreed.
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

I saw the "thanks" thing a few days ago but I wasn't sure how to use it. I appreciate everybody's input here at SOH, but when somebody answers a question or helps me with a problem or uploads a new plane I say thank you in person by posting a response. I prefer doing it that way.

I have seen this on a number of different forums in the last month or so. Something new.

Its not new vBulletin has had it as an option for a long time.

We have only just recently turned it on to let members Thank another member without having to post.

Its a great feature that if you choose not to use it is not in your way.

For those of us who would like to use it we like it.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Dave - with respect, it means b****r all, because you haven't a clue who 'thanked' you, or for what !

(and still nobody has told me how people are doing it - there is no 'thank' button on any posts I can see...)

As far as I can see very few want it including me, to long in the tooth or short of the teeth to want it.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Dave - with respect, it means b****r all, because you haven't a clue who 'thanked' you, or for what !

(and still nobody has told me how people are doing it - there is no 'thank' button on any posts I can see...)
    Yes you actually can

Who thanked who shows up at the bottom of the post they were thanked on.

Of course it can't now because the feature was turned off yesterday.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    Yes you actually can

Of course it can't now because the feature was turned off yesterday.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    Not on mine it didn't. Anyway, thanks for removing it. Popular choice.

Now...if there was a button that would forward a box of chocolates, a cold sixpack, or a bag of hammers to a real address......that'd be usable.

Just goes to show that there are people that would complain if they were hung with a brand new rope!

Yup, thanks...

Actually, I would like to thank all the guys that run this site,
    and all the guys that make such interesting and helpful posts!

Old Rope, use Old Rope!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Just goes to show that there are people that would complain if they were hung with a brand new rope!

Hell yes ! I want the oldest, rattiest rope imaginable. I want that sucker to break! What ever you do DON"T use a new rope!
    Sue

Members who have read this thread: 65