Cri-cri props - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cri-cri props

SOH-CM-2023
    Falcon; I must admit that I thought the egg shape was only in the 2D panel & that only because I was using a reduced screen in order to show AFSD....
    Looking more deeply I can see (or not...) your problem & I have no answer either - so leave well alone methinks!!! No-one else seems to have spotted it!
    I've had a similar revelation having gone back to the original .cfg & .air file in FSX - they seem to work quite well, with only the rpm is a little bit on the high side, so I'm proposing only a few changes to the .cfg to cater for my revised eye point due to the modified .mdl & to add camera positions & increase the MoI's in order to get it to spin.
    Am now modifying the Gmax to get the levers & switches to look & act like the 2D view & will upload for a Beta test session hopefully in the next day or so.
    Keith

Good plan Keith, I'm at a loss as to how to correct this since the sim seems to be taking orders from within the mdl file. I have sent an e-mail to the originator in hopes that he can shed some light on what happened here with the panel distortion and how I might be able to correct it.

Update: Saw a panel similar to this one on a RW Cricket. Need to be more refined, but for a quickie to see how it might look. . . .hmmm?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2023
    I will see if I can look in the Gmax to see if I can spot any distortion in the instrument panel mapping - he might have fiddled the sizes.....
    On the other hand I rather prefer your screenshot!!! I did notice however that if one measures the circle that is on the panel.bmp it is elliptical by a couple of millimetres.
    Keith

[edit] Just checked the Gmax & the dimensions are: 0.478m x 0.483m, so it looks as if the distortion is there - I will experiment on my next export to .mdl.
    K

Thanks Keith. The dimension of the art in the panel.cfg file is 512x512. When I did the quick piece of art for this panel I made the areas for the gauges normal size even though the panel itself is squished. So once the gauges were placed and loaded into FSX, the distortion was minimal. . .much better than if I had conformed to the odd distortion that the original artwork displayed. I'm going to do the "new" style panel in a finished version as well as keep the original layout so I have several options for panels. Hopefully I'll hear from the developer, but if not, well, we'll see what happens. Thanks for looking into it as well.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2023
    I'm having difficulty with the joystick _ I do not know how he has animated it in the VC - its most peculiar - its not in the panel.cfg & its not a standalone .xml. I've just tried removing the 'dummy' pivots & re-animating it according to the SDK (FS9 that is) & its made no difference at all, so I suspect that somehow its tied in with the makemdlparts in Gmax that he had invented...not a lot of help. (Mind you he must have been a clever s*d back then in 2002 when it was created!!!)
    All this means though is that the aileron trimmer doesn't work in the VC, so maybe that will be a luxury.
    BTW changing the panel proportions in Gmax did nothing, so it might be due to bad alignment/scaling of the panel which is distorted widthwise in the .bmp.
    I have also changed the engine/prop numbering as he had it wrong, as left was right & vice versa if you use the start & mag switches in the 2D panel. I'm nearly there doing those switches in the VC, but its trial & error placing them to match the texture.
    Keith

I'm going to postpone any further work on the VC panel until you're finished Keith. It's probably counterproductive for me to be adding or subtracting anything until I see the final update.:salute:

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2023
    Falcon,
    Wise idea methinks. I'll keep you posted though on progress...
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Falcon,
    Wise idea methinks. I'll keep you posted though on progress...
    Keith
    Thanks, I look forward to seeing the final product. This has really evolved from the original model.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2023
    Second thoughts Falcon, if you send me your panel.bmp I should then be able adjust the mapping to suit (hopefully). I believe you have my e-mail address.
    Keith

Never satisfied, I have one more optional panel I'm using right now.

Current System Specs:

Ed, looking better and better. That little Cri-Cri has always sparked my interests. Though the lack of details and high res textures sort of killed it.
    This little rocket may be small, but the details are what make it neat. Seeing those 2-strokes with the tuned pipes hanging off them remind me of my racing days.
    That thing is quite the little plane.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Ed, looking better and better. That little Cri-Cri has always sparked my interests. Though the lack of details and high res textures sort of killed it.
    This little rocket may be small, but the details are what make it neat. Seeing those 2-strokes with the tuned pipes hanging off them remind me of my racing days.
    That thing is quite the little plane.
    Yep, a lot of fun to fly. Right now it's my airplane of choice as I visit some local airports that I'm doing for personal use. I know "Dev One" is working hard on getting the pilot installed as well as some FDE adjustments and animation in the VC. No doubt it does lack the details, especially in the VC that would attract a wider following. I have seen a lot of folks post in other threads on this same airplane that they'd like to see it as an FSX native, but I don't really think there's the widespread interest in the airplane that would get a developer excited about doing a "full fledged" native version. That's ok though, it's getting a facelift of sorts, it flies great in FSX and for the few of us who find it enjoyable, that's good enough.:salute:

Current System Specs:

That is an awesome panel Falcon 409!
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by dandog View Post
    That is an awesome panel Falcon 409!
    Thanks Dan. I'd release some of these that I've made up, but until Keith completes his work I hesitate to do that, not knowing what changes or adjustments are coming. Shouldn't be too much longer though.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Falcon409, your last panel and a revisited FDE would make this thing AWESOME beyond belief. We are talking payware plus quality! I guess that the original builder wanted someone to take it to the next level by making the GMAX info available. I have been using it to fly needed vaccines and medical supplies into areas that cannot accommodate a full size aircraft. You could use a helo, but they are too expensive versus fixed wing! WOHOO!!!

Dandog aka Dan
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by dandog View Post
    Falcon409, your last panel and a revisited FDE would make this thing AWESOME beyond belief. We are talking payware plus quality! I guess that the original builder wanted someone to take it to the next level by making the GMAX info available. I have been using it to fly needed vaccines and medical supplies into areas that cannot accommodate a full size aircraft. You could use a helo, but they are too expensive versus fixed wing! WOHOO!!!

Dandog aka Dan
    Yep, for those who favor the unusual, this is becoming more and more the "keeper" it should be. I believe you're right about the availability of the GMax model. It's rare, I believe, that a developer will do that. I've e-mailed him several times with no answer, but it could be that the e-mail in his readme is not even a working addy anymore. None the less, we are making it into a very enjoyable little airplane. . .one that I fly more than anything else I have right now.

Current System Specs:

Nearly 3 years later I google for Cri-Cri and up pops this page! Completely forgotten about this thread...Ed and Keith where did this end up and is there anything downloadable?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2023
    Crumbs, was it that long ago! Well done Falcon for remembering & providing the link! It will however need further work on the props I think if wanted for P3D.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Crumbs, was it that long ago! Well done Falcon for remembering & providing the link! It will however need further work on the props I think if wanted for P3D.
    Keith
    I didn't bother keeping it in P3D because the VC is non-functional (no click spots work). I don't remember having any problems with the props, but that's not to say there weren't. . .I simply don't remember having any.

SOH-CM-2023
    P3D click spots, yes thats something I cannot check for as don't have that programme, but I think that goes for all portovers to P3D, but prop texturing I think I've cracked as have just done it for my Dragonfly when DaveG commented on it during Beta testing.
    Keith

Thanks Ed and Keith, Just downloaded.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

The canopy from spot view is opaque gray but when viewed from vc out it is clear. Normally I just find the canopy alpha and darken it but there doesn't seem to be a canopy texture.
    SYSTEM :

Roger, take a look at the image below. In the upper right corner of the texture are two small squares and I think the one in the very corner is the glass texture. Give that a try by adding a small black square on the alpha. Oddly, I don't have that problem in my FSX.

Thanks Ed, I'm in Dx10 so maybe that's the problem.
    SYSTEM :

Members who have read this thread: 88