Milton's Howard 500 a fresh look! - Page 14
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Milton's Howard 500 a fresh look!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    And the horrible gas mileage.
    You want to talk about horrible gas mileage? The engine I built up for my '72 Torino had tons of power, but when I mashed the gas pedal to the floor I could actually watch the fuel quantity needle move towards the "empty" side! Seriously! But that lead sled would go from zero to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds, not too shabby for a car weighing in excess of 4000 pounds and a lowly 2.75:1 rear axle gear.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Trying to make some round screws place on the nacelles... just the right football shape that's need.

Attachment 82236 Attachment 82237

Man, that looks awesome. Your eye for detail is amazing.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

By looking at this pic... I have my work cutout for me!

Attachment 82241

Here's the cockpit of what I fly on the ground!

Attachment 82242

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Trying to make some round screws place on the nacelles... just the right football shape that's need.

Attachment 82236 Attachment 82237

Holy cow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Yep, it was a 1971 with a 400... a late model that also had the big auto tranny. The bloke I got it from said that there were only a handful of them made for that year.

I really am impressed with the progress you've made on the Howard, TuFun. Excellent video sir...

BB686:USA-flag:
    None of the 71 or 72 Torino's had a 400.They did have a 250 six and a 302,a 351 windsor, a 351 cleveland,and a 429.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoe6969 View Post
    None of the 71 or 72 Torino's had a 400.They did have a 250 six and a 302,a 351 windsor, a 351 cleveland,and a 429.
    Uhhh... no. I owned a '72 Torino, I bought it from the original owner and it came from the factory with a 400 cubic inch V-8. The numbers on the engine ID tag matched the VIN and the engine code in the VIN and the door panel placard indicated it was equipped with the 400. The 400 engine was introduced during the 1971 model year and it is quite possible that a few made it into the 1971 Torino series. There would not have been many, but it is most certainly possible. As for the 1972 model year, the 400 was not a really popular option in the Torino, but there were a good number of 1972 Torinos produced with the 400 engine.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

We love our cars don't we... I'm still hanging on to my Windsor motor! Ok... back to de plane!

More screws....

Looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Uhhh... no. I owned a '72 Torino, I bought it from the original owner and it came from the factory with a 400 cubic inch V-8. The numbers on the engine ID tag matched the VIN and the engine code in the VIN and the door panel placard indicated it was equipped with the 400. The 400 engine was introduced during the 1971 model year and it is quite possible that a few made it into the 1971 Torino series. There would not have been many, but it is most certainly possible. As for the 1972 model year, the 400 was not a really popular option in the Torino, but there were a good number of 1972 Torinos produced with the 400 engine.
    Sorry you are correct,I've been building and racing Fords since the late 50's and have probably forgoten more than most people will ever know about Fords,I never heard of a 400 in a Torino,till I did some research.

Hi TuFun...

I really had to wipe my computer monitor to differentiate between screws, rivets and flecks of dust.
    This must be the most ambitious and detailed paint job I've ever seen. It's fantastic!
    I especially like the reflections on the 'nose', and the 3D detailing of the individual screws. Great stuff!
    Please keep us informed how you are progressing, as this is a fascinating thread to follow.

Kind Regards, Stuart

Sorry TuFun for getting this thread off coure on the Ford thing,I've been following the progress of the 500 and love what your doing for it,it's looking great and can't wait for release.

Mine does 26 mpg
    You want to talk about horrible gas mileage? The engine I built up for my '72 Torino had tons of power, but when I mashed the gas pedal to the floor I could actually watch the fuel quantity needle move towards the "empty" side!
    My euro car brain just exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoe6969 View Post
    Sorry TuFun for getting this thread off coure on the Ford thing,I've been following the progress of the 500 and love what your doing for it,it's looking great and can't wait for release.
    I find it cool how many of us had cool cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    My euro car brain just exploded.
    I had one Euro car... 69 Fiat 124 Spider, surprising how advance the that car was for its time.

Looks awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    Hi TuFun...

I really had to wipe my computer monitor to differentiate between screws, rivets and flecks of dust.
    This must be the most ambitious and detailed paint job I've ever seen. It's fantastic!
    I especially like the reflections on the 'nose', and the 3D detailing of the individual screws. Great stuff!
    Please keep us informed how you are progressing, as this is a fascinating thread to follow.

Kind Regards, Stuart

Flightsim disbelief evaporates like spit in a hot frying pan. Screenshots that simply exude visual authority.

......Amazing.

...Amazing.

Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Flightsim disbelief evaporates like spit in a hot frying pan. Screenshots that simply exude visual authority.

......Amazing.

...Amazing.

Amazing.
    Thanks... hard to believe this Milton's old eight year old Howard 500 model! It has been neglected far to long.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post

......Amazing.

...Amazing.

Amazing.
    I can only agree!

Cheers,
    Maarten

What scenery is THAT?!

Everything is laid out on top, now for the bottom area next, and then paint.

Ah... I see one line I need to fix on the bottom.

Fixed... and added more rivets as seen in pics.

Blog Entries
    Hey TF...

Thanks for coming back....the detail work is awesome. I've been working on modeling airport stuff so I haven't followed aircraft threads. Man...this thing looks great.

The Howard will be a welcome addition. Work on...
    G

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Hey TF...

Thanks for coming back....the detail work is awesome. I've been working on modeling airport stuff so I haven't followed aircraft threads. Man...this thing looks great.

The Howard will be a welcome addition. Work on...
    G

Thanks G !!! Highlighted those little rivets that were black spots on the cowl flaps and area. I think that's plenty of rivets and screws!

Just incredible Ted !!! Mike :salute:

That's gonna look nice as the cowls are quite visible from the cockpit.