Trago Mills SAH-1/FLS Sprint - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trago Mills SAH-1/FLS Sprint

SOH-CM-2023
    David,
    In the meantime can you make do with Piglets Bulldog T1?
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Martin, I take your point about travelling. I used to live near "Tavvy", and for the rest of the world anything beyond about Exeter was too remote.

I appreciate all that you say about the problems with creating a Pup - there can't have been all that many of them around even when new. it was a nice little aeroplane though, as the pic above shows. I came across this site the other day, where you might get an answer or two: http://www.pprune.org/ I'll just hang on until you can manage it.

David
    Exeter? Ummm I've heard of that place, as its miles away!! No seriously, it can be a bit of trouble at times living in the far South West as events and airshows etc are quite some distance away. But then if we really want something I suppose then we will do what is required. I only went to one airshow this year and that was only at Yeovilton (which at 90miles is stretching it for me) and that was in the Broussard, so only a 50 mile drive to the Airfield!!!

Today will email the Owners Club and the LAA Struts again and then see what happens. Will also try the Flyer Portal and Pprune to see if anyone can assist. A kind gentleman on here has very kindly PM'd me with details of one in Cardiff so thats a possibility and one that could be flown to, rather than take the long drive around. Bodmin to Swansea in a 150 takes about 55 minutes and in a car over 4 hours.

Its early days for the Pup project, but today will start the ball rolling, even though am still working and finding more on our current one, which also starts today.

Best wishes,

Martin

Keith:- Oh, I've plenty to make do with - the LIC Aeroncas, the Austers from Classic British Files, and lots more favourites going right back to Bill Lyons. Just not the type I learned to fly in.

Martin :- I once went to a good air day at Culdrose. Has that dropped off the calendar now? Here's an idea for you: organise a fly-in for Beagles and Austers at Eggesford. Free landing, parking, cream tea and cider! That should bring them in.

David
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Martin :- I once went to a good air day at Culdrose. Has that dropped off the calendar now? Here's an idea for you: organise a fly-in for Beagles and Austers at Eggesford. Free landing, parking, cream tea and cider! That should bring them in.

David

We have a fly-in at Eggesford once a year for Austers and Beagles (cant have more due to local protestors), and all matter of Auster types attend but very few Pups. As its a bit of a challenge, perched up on a hill - you can do 300fpm in the climb and still be on the runway, its not your normal airfield and for some a little challenging. But everyone is always made welcome, if by road or by air and we always like having visitors. Some of the aeroplanes within the hangar are either sole survivors or the only ones built. A wonderful place to visit.

There used to be a Pup based at Dunkeswell, but that moved on about a year ago (pity didnt do something then, but were doing the Chrisleas and the Heston then). Hopefully should find a suitable candidate in the near future.

As to Culdrose, I remember going to a few shows there when the sun made an appearance, but normally for the last decade or so, the midweek show always seems to be rained out. Heard that there was a sweepstake at Culdrose to see if it would rain for last year's show and.....it did!!!

I went in Terrier G-ARSL along with our Broussard and had a wonderful time. Nothing was too much trouble and had nice accomodation in Falmouth, being bussed in for the Air Day. But it rained for nearly all of the day and only at the very end did a few acts take place. Next day, had a lovely flight back to Eggesford in unbroken sunshine. There wasn't a show this year as I believe all of the grass was being relaid and am not so sure if there will be one again. Yeovilton seems to be more popular these days.

Martin

Mr. Molyneaux has reuploaded this little beauty to flightsim

Members who have read this thread: 28