R.C.S. B-25J Mitchell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.C.S. B-25J Mitchell

R.C.S. B-25J Mitchell

In case you haven't noticed, Roy has just relased version 2.75 of the B-25J Mitchell for FS9.

Here

:ernae:
    --WH

What a day!

We get Manuele's C205 Veltro:salute::salute::salute: AND Roy's B25 Mitchell!:salute::salute::salute:

Thanks for the HU I would have missed it!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice catch Warhorse, Roy's B-25 are oustanding models.

Thanks for the HU
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Got mine, thanks so much Roy always enjoyed your Mitchells. Looks and flies great!!

fantastic! downloading now! always have loved the Mitchell.....

I've been flying the last release of the B-25 for a long time. Don't see how one can improve on an already outstanding model, but I reckon if anyone could... it'd be Roy.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I too thought V2.5 was perfection, but I'll sure give V2.75 a try.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention

Brilliant models and payware quality all for free

Pete

I'd love to have this model, but unless I can understand the need for this lockdown I think I'll pass. Allowing an installer to do whatever on my PC don't cut it!

"This package can ONLY be installed by running the self installing EXE file directly into FS9.
    Running the EXE file into a temporary folder will not work. Also copying over the files from one drive to another will not work. To install, double click on the EXE file and follow the "onscreen" instructions, making sure you point at the proper location of your version of FS9."

Lightbulb

"This package can ONLY be installed by running the self installing EXE file directly into FS9.
    Running the EXE file into a temporary folder will not work. Also copying over the files from one drive to another will not work. To install, double click on the EXE file and follow the "onscreen" instructions, making sure you point at the proper location of your version of FS9."
    Man ... this one is easy to by-pass
    Simply use the registry repair tool for make a temporary change in your registry data base so you can install it in a different folder ! (For sure put also FS9.exe in this temporary folder)
    After the install .. run again the tool for reset the real FS2004 path in the registry !
    Hope it's help

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc. FS2004 TweakFS Path Utility
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: fs9pathu.zip
    Size: 593,179 Date: 08-10-2005 Downloads: 2,109

FS2004 TweakFS Path Utility, v1.1. Features Repairs the FS2004 path in the Windows Registry; Checks the registry path for the FS9.exe file; Warns if the registry path is missing; Sets the registry path for the FS9.exe file; Warns if the FS9.exe is not in folder on clicking the "Set" button; Avoids the need to reinstall FS2004 in the event of registry corruption; Searches for the FS9 Reg key in the Windows RegEdit program.

Can'r remember what the difference in 32 bit and 64 bit is. Which is better?

I installed the 32-bit version. Really nicely done. Here are some quick screenies of a few of the several paints.

Thanks for the headsup WH-

Lightbulb

Can'r remember what the difference in 32 bit and 64 bit is. Which is better?
    Can be wrong but methink the difference has nothing to do with the quality ..
    It's depend of what OS you use (32 or 64 bits) so the installer find good path for files .....

Brilliant model and paints:salute:

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I'd love to have this model, but unless I can understand the need for this lockdown I think I'll pass. Allowing an installer to do whatever on my PC don't cut it!

We run Windows 7 and I moved FS9 out of Program Files into a new folder on the C drive and it's very easy to direct the installation there or anywhere else you might want to put it

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

I didn't read that - so I actually started the installer in the zip file (32bit version), installed to a temporary folder and copied the files manually into my FS9 folder.

So far everything seems to work jus' fine!

This is one hell of an aircraft model ...

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Can be wrong but methink the difference has nothing to do with the quality ..
    It's depend of what OS you use (32 or 64 bits) so the installer find good path for files .....
    Thanks Navtech. I had gone ahead and downloaded the 32 bit and went ahead and installed it from the executer directly into FS9. I suppose it over-wrote the older 2010 version of the plane I had installed manually about a year ago, although it never asked to over-write.

I can't tell if there were any changes from the earlier model. The earlier version and this one both have the black screen and hesitation of loading the instruments which apparently are timed to have to re-load every 5-10 minutes or so recorrently. This is the only thing I see wrong with this excellently done model.

I was hoping this new version eliminated that terrible trait in this finely reproduced model. It's hard to understand why this terrible trait can't be worked around. Beautiful model though and flys excellent.

Anyway, just wanted to post what I am seeing.

Lightbulb

have the black screen and hesitation of loading the instruments which apparently are timed to have to re-load every 5-10 minutes or so recorrently. This is the only thing I see wrong with this excellently done model.
    Indeed .. I was thinking it was a problem with my PC ...

Blog Entries

Were does one find this jewel????????

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    In case you haven't noticed, Roy has just relased version 2.75 of the B-25J Mitchell for FS9.

Here

--WH
    You say it is here... but where? I looked all over for it... sounds like a great model...
    Could you please, pray tell, where it can be downloaded?

Lightbulb

There
    Code:
    http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html
    32 bits:
    Code:
    http://www.wbas.org/fs2012/rcsb25fs932v275.zip
    64 bits:
    Code:
    http://www.wbas.org/fs2012/rcsb25fs9w764v275.zip

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

Here

--WH
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    You say it is here... but where? I looked all over for it... sounds like a great model...
    Could you please, pray tell, where it can be downloaded?
    Gaucho, notice the BLUE colored "Here"? That is a link. Click on it.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I just used a temp folder with a dummy exe (change fs9.txt to fs9.exe) and the installer ran fine.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Am I right: there's no animated parts in the VC?

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Am I right: there's no animated parts in the VC?

Cees
    You are right.

--WH