Alabeo aircraft? Thoughts from owners? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo aircraft? Thoughts from owners?

Hey guys,
    I too purchased the Agtruck, love the detail, i have one problem i have no sound whilst inside the cockpit?
    Get out and look around the aircraft and you get realistic engine sound, but nothing inside.
    Any ideas would be greatly accepted.
    regards
    Geoff

Do you hear anything inside the cockpit if you turn your head to one side?

if you do it's likely your speaker setup using a centre channel which presumably you don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff5 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I too purchased the Agtruck, love the detail, i have one problem i have no sound whilst inside the cockpit?
    Get out and look around the aircraft and you get realistic engine sound, but nothing inside.
    Any ideas would be greatly accepted.
    regards
    Geoff

...Geoff, I have no idea why that would be the case; I actually had to turn down my speakers with the AGtruck because the noise inside as well as outside is louder than a number of my other addon aircraft...
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    WOw. SO, after purchasing the Waco...and then the Extra 300 and AGTruck...and now the Sukhoi and Pitts...

...I have become a monster!! Haha this aerobatic stuff is too much fun!! Well, in so much as the dynamics of the Sukhoi and EXtra almost make me puke when combined with my trusty 'ol Track IR and EZ Dok....they are 'lively'...to say the least. The Sukhoi seems to want to stall (a lot) and the Extra just seems to fight me on the centerline (on the ground as well as airborne). The Agtruck...well, it flies like a squashed buttock. ANd the Pitts....not sure who said it can't do aero/acro, but mine sure does.
    I said it can't.... I'd love to know what you're doing. I wasn't able to do hammerheads, spins, heck I couldn't even forward slip the thing.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I said it can't.... I'd love to know what you're doing. I wasn't able to do hammerheads, spins, heck I couldn't even forward slip the thing.
    Same for me, i'd love to be able to do acro with it. I can't either do sideslips, stallturns, tailslides, spins, snaprolls or a lot of other acrofigures.

I bought the Alabeo Extra today, . It's a beast! I've been trying to learn fsx areobatics in the realair decathlon for some time now. That one is stable and friendly and great to learn in but the extra is something else...I'm having a blast with it!

...Maybe it is my rudder pedals? I don't know... I haven't been able to spin it, but knife edge, side-slips, a (messy) snap roll (that almost always gets away from me) and the hammerhead turns I have had SOME degree of success with. I just put my sensitivities all the way up and man-handle the thing. Oh...and a bit of R/W aerobatic training certainly helps a smidge...

...And yes...the Extra is a BEAST!!! I have been flying the living heck out of it just trying to tame it a little....but it is FUN FUN FUN!!!!
    Matt

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter SWE View Post
    Same for me, i'd love to be able to do acro with it. I can't either do sideslips, stallturns, tailslides, spins, snaprolls or a lot of other acrofigures
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Which plane? Extra ? Pitts ? Sukhoi ? Realism sliders fully right ? Autorudder disabled ?

No longer active
    ...Maybe it is my rudder pedals? I don't know... I haven't been able to spin it, but knife edge, side-slips, a (messy) snap roll (that almost always gets away from me) and the hammerhead turns I have had SOME degree of success with.
    If you can perform a snap roll (and a snap roll is nothing more than a spin in the horizontal plane) you should be able to spin the Extra, but like with the real one, a clean spin entry is a difficult to achieve and needs practise.

Well Bernt..

Autorudder disabled, realism and all other sensitivities to the right; My snap roll (as I alluded to earlier) was a bit...'disorganized'...

...And I have tried all of them. None seem to want to spin. Lomcevak-style snappies seem to be the norm for the 300, and the sukhoi..well, lets just say I am glad it stays airborne. It is a lot of fun just seeing what I can do with them..And I absolutely recommend anyone who likes having 'FUN' flightsimming give them a go
    Matt

No longer active
    Both the Pitts and the Sukhoi have a really bad FDE out of the box. I made a new FDE for the Sukhoi which should be available from Alabeo since quite some time.
    (Couldn't find it in the update section so I guess you can only see it when logged into your account)
    Timing is crucial e.g. for a nice snap and spin entry.

Off to find it now....the Sukhoi is kickin my butt...

..Just went over and logged in; No updated FDE for the Sukhoi, just an update for the Pitts and Aggie
    Matt

bstolle, I purchased the Sukhoi through fspilotshop, and have yet to see any fde update. Even though Im having fun with the box-stock Sukhoi, I'd love to see what the re-worked fde can do. Anywhere else I can find it?

+1...This plane is great but needs a Bernt Stolle tweak or two...
    Matt

No longer active
    I'll send Alabeo an e-mail ASAP. The problem is that the FDE needed a mdl update as well due to the opposite rotating prop so it's only Alabeo who can offer this.

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    I'll send Alabeo an e-mail ASAP. The problem is that the FDE needed a mdl update as well due to the opposite rotating prop so it's only Alabeo who can offer this.
    ...Thank you, Bernt!! Much appreciated! I would like to tame this somewhat troublesome beastie....:mix-smi:
    Matt

Which plane? Extra ? Pitts ? Sukhoi ? Realism sliders fully right ? Autorudder disabled ?
    Pitts, Sliders fully right, flying with pedals.

The extra is superb! It's the pitts that i haven't been able to fly like i hoped it would fly.

Both the Pitts and the Sukhoi have a really bad FDE out of the box..
    That makes sense because I have the Pitts.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    Do you hear anything inside the cockpit if you turn your head to one side?

if you do it's likely your speaker setup using a centre channel which presumably you don't have.
    Thanks jetstreamsky & Matt, reconfigured the speakers and works like a charm.
    Many thanks for your advice

Geoff

A couple of thoughts on the Alabeo WACO YMF-5 and the Cessna C188 AgTruck. I bought both through FSPilotShop last week and have been enjoying them immensely ever since. I had openly mused on one of the forums here awhile back that I'd be more than willing to pay good money for a payware WACO YMF-5 if someone did real justice to it. Well, Alabeo has more than come through on this absolute gem. The level of external detail makes everything pure eye candy and the rear pit is a delight (if I ever win the lottery, this is how I'd want my YMF configured). The only oddity I found is that you can see the strobes flashing THROUGH the upper wingtips and my framerate is hiccuping somewhat, but other than that I am really, really happy with the Alabeo YMF-5. As much as I liked Bill Lyon's version in FS9, this bird takes things to a much more accurate level, and considering the great price for it it's much more than a bargain. I'm definitely going to have to put out a request for a custom New Zealand repaint for this baby.

The Cessna AgTruck's a hoot. I've not tried the dusting or spraying features yet as I've been flying it sans spray gear. I've always like the look of this aircraft and often thought that it would make a superb personal aircraft if you removed all the agricultural accoutrements; very fighter-like in some regards.

Seeing that Alabeo has a penchant for airplanes slightly off the beaten path, I'm going to ask them if they'd consider doing either a Cessna A152 Aerobat with a taildragger conversion, Horton STOL kit, and Sparrowhawk engine mod or a PZL-104 Wilga 2000MA with the 300hp Lycoming IO-540 flat six and winglet mods. Knowing Alabeo's work now, I'm sure they'd be masterpieces!

N.

No longer active
    ...Thank you, Bernt!! Much appreciated! I would like to tame this somewhat troublesome beastie....:mix-smi:
    They misplaced the SP1 for the Sukhoi!!! It's now available from the Alabeo update section....have fun...

Note concerning the Extra. After finishing the FDE I was a bit surprised to find out that she's not too impressive when performing aerobatics in the low to mid speed range.
    The faster she's flown the better and more crisp she performs.
    Turns out after browsing through all my docs and books that this exactly the same with the real Extra.

Many thanks for getting that taken care of, Bernt!
    Matt

Hmmm interesting, I bought the Sukhoi well after June 8th.... so I already have the updated fde? Perhaps thats why I can spin it, and do many fun things with this bird!

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by gtirob01 View Post
    Hmmm interesting, I bought the Sukhoi well after June 8th.... so I already have the updated fde? Perhaps thats why I can spin it, and do many fun things with this bird!
    Quote from the Alabeo website:

You don´t need it if you bought the aircraft after June 8th, 2012 at 20.00 GMT.

In reference to the Waco YMF-5 there is a lever in the cockpit labelled "Alt. Air" next to the mixture lever. Does anyone know what it is for? I don't see any effect of setting it one way or another other than the engine runs slightly slower with it open. It it the same as carb heat maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Landman View Post
    In reference to the Waco YMF-5 there is a lever in the cockpit labelled "Alt. Air" next to the mixture lever. Does anyone know what it is for? I don't see any effect of setting it one way or another other than the engine runs slightly slower with it open. It it the same as carb heat maybe?
    Alt air is used when your primary pitot/static source fails.