Milviz King Air 350i VC Work In Progress - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Milviz King Air 350i VC Work In Progress

The Milviz King Air is now available in pre-release version, aka beta release. If you buy it, for $50, you get an unfinished, incomplete model. Having bought the beta you can no doubt register your copy with the developers and get updates up to and including the retail release when it's ready.

You may find features you'd like missing for now: whether a weather radar is to be implemented I have no idea, I don't work for Milviz.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Reading through this thread reminds me of the difference between chronological age - and developmental age
    ...sometimes the gulf is vast
    lol well said sir!!

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    The Milviz King Air is now available in pre-release version, aka beta release.
    Technically Tom, as it is not yet "feature complete" we refer to it as an alpha. The reality is however that it is 98.6% feature complete.

Hopefully within the next two weeks I will be compiling the first actual 'beta version', which after some sanity checks performed by out in-house beta team can then be sent out to all current pre-release customers for a through shakedown.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Bill,

how are things going with that beta version? It would be nice for us pre-release customers to get our hands on too

Andrew
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Because they let out updates rarely instead of a little at a time has kept me from purchasing this plane. They could let out smaller, more frequent updates to keep the buyer happy but for some reason they would rather not.

Blog Entries
    If I may, I would offer my perspective on this thread.

I've had the plane from early on, and have been continually in the loop, receiving updates as they became available. Overall I have found the plane to be more than satisfactory and completely flyable.
    Visually, she is as much or more than I would expect from any add on and up to par with any other Milviz product.
    Technically, the small items like prop blurs, spinners or sound sets were temporary concessions allowed any WIP project. Each update brought improvement along the way.

The plane, in its current state of development, is complete enough for me to enjoy. Having purchased the model at the beta price point, with the understanding that one accepts the terms of the purchase agreement, I am quite content to allow the development team to continue at the pace suited to the development process.

To be honest, if I were not occasionally reminded that this were a beta project I would think that I am flying a RTM package. Any improvements upon that would simply be icing on the cake.

IMHO
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thanks, ********...

As it happens, the reason for us not releasing any 'update' recently is simply because everything that is being programmed and finalized for the actual 'Beta' version is tightly integrated.

This means that until all the bits and bobs are integrated, any 'update' would effectively render the aircraft unusable, which is something we think no one would like!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

My apologies, there was no intention to stir up a hornet nest. My sentiments gman. I was just wondering what the current state of play was, given Bill's post around a month ago. There was no hidden agenda. Looking forward to the next release to see what is new and improved

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

This is the challenge of early release. Perhaps impossible to keep everyone happy. I, for one, prefer less frequent updates, for instance. I just dislike constantly updating a product.

I finally bought this plane yesterday. Figured it is getting pretty close to a final package. Should have time to try her out after work today. Looking forward to it.

Any more news on this. Bought it long ago, but havent heard much lately.

That's WISP : Work In Slow Progress...

There are news on the forum and the facebook page, I think. They made a deep recoding, and they obviously take that seriously. But it's long, indeed.

Members who have read this thread: 70