Milviz King Air 350i VC Work In Progress - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milviz King Air 350i VC Work In Progress

The 350i's are pretty new so I doubt they would be as used... That said, there is always a bit of wear and tear...

I certainly would not make the B350i look worn or beat up. These are current production aircraft, very expensive, and used primarily by people of wealth. They are well cared for and kept very clean.

Now an older B300 or B350 might show some wear, but even these are generally kept in excellent condition. Buying a Super King Air is a big expenditure and owners don't want to see their money wasted.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It is not our intent to it look beat up. No way. What I said to the paint team was : do it like its a bit used but very much loved...

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Well, "Hoot & Holler!", that looks great.

Agree, sweet looking interior Colin.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Oops...looks like that link is for a real life 360 view of a KingAir 350i

I'm far from a civilian flight enthusiast, but this baby got me excited!

Diego

That is incredible! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

that is just looking fantastic!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The outside is done too. Pics coming soon...

Sorry if this was asked/posted already, but I didn't go back and read the whole thread...

...SInce it is glass, will there be LPV capability? Will there be an updateable Nav database? And what modes of advanced autopilot are simulated? And what of these features:
    IFIS and Flight Management System (FMS)
    Digital Communication, Navigation, Surveillance (CNS) Radios
    Dual Air Data Computer (ADC) Systems
    Terrain Awareness Warning System (TAWS)
    ESIS from L-3 Communications
    Four-Color Weather Radar System
    Automatic Flight Guidance System (AFGS)
    Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS II) Maintenance Diagnostic Computer

...Sorry for having to ask...It is your own fault, Colin. If you and the rest of the milviz team weren't raising the bar with every new release, and incorporating awesome new features, I wouldn't need to ask such a question....
    Matt

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    We certaintly do try to raise the bar with every release. I will go on ahead and say that there will be no weather radar for sure. We may support third party weather radar in a similar fashion to the RXP GPS units, but we will not be including that out of the box. While it is something that we all would like to have it would be a lot of troubleshooting with all the different weather packages out there. I could toss some ideas I have about it out there, but then those would give away trade secrets.

Everything else I will not confirm or deny. Everything is of course on the table until we either determine it technically unfeasible, or it proves no benefit inside of FSX. We will always try to push every next release to the next level, and this being our first full glass civilian bird will be no exception. I will tell you that the F-15E was a HUGE challenge to us, and that took a lot longer than we anticipated. I think we all can agree though that the extra time and effort was worth getting it right. Personally it will be good to take a small break from the military birds to do some civilian releases.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Thank you for the reply and info, Steve. I am extremely excited to see that you guys are taking this on, and hopefully some of those features (most importantly the WAAS capability and updateable databases) make it into the final product. I look forward to seeing the next phase of the product...
    Matt

Milviz crew, my sincere compliments for what you guys have accomplished with all your stunning releases
    Anneke

Absolutely stunning work guys. Can't wait to own this one!

Brian

That's looking awesome! I applaud the concept of getting everything right before releasing the product. Nothing kills a reputation faster than a shoddy or bug filled product.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Alright guys. I got some clarifications from the boss man about what is and isn't being planned (he is the one with the crystal ball after all!). As far as LPV goes it is a half and half ordeal. The FMS will be capable of plotting landings at runways without ILS (sort of like RNAV) that will be able to provide a virtual glideslope to the runway. We are using a Navigraph FMS database for this, so you will be able to update it as long as you have a subscription to that service as we will only be providing an initial copy with the release. CNS radios are not in the cards to be done either. The weather update is a no go as I stated earlier along with the maintenance computer. We will be including the TCAS however. So these are your specific answers to the questions from earlier. I just needed confirmation as to what we have decided thus far from Colin.

As far as the ESIS goes we are looking in to it as that is your backup instrumentation system, and that will also be in. I am more working on one of our unannounced projects though for the most part, and am not a big part of the KA development. As things get more definitive though you all know that you will be kept in the loop. I have always wanted a good KA for FSX since I had the FS2004 B200. This bird should definately live up to the image.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Looks great having just finished up almost 90 hours in a C-12V sim with the PL 21 pit. I know there are differences between the models and I can see a few different switch positions, which is expected for civie King Airs. You can do everything with one FMS, we actually have 2 in the military version and of course some mil only radios/navaids (Tacan/HF/UHF etc).

As long as the gauges support the full PL 21 suite (at least the basic required for flt pages), then LPV and LNAV/RNAV approaches can be done, FSX doesn't seem to care and I'm sure there is some way to trick the game to have the RNP levels needed. The real PL 21 autopilot will fly the approaches fine. The Navigraph subscription is workable for those that want to purchase the updates.

Understand the WX incompatibly issue, but do suggest at least working on the TCAS II and EGPWS systems, those are out in freeware form (basic versions). The ESIS we use can display Alt/Hdg/Aspd and Nav1.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Not sure if we can legally use freeware in our commercial endeavors... however, please point me at these...

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Choo Choo! Here comes the steam gauges!
    Ka-ching, ka-ching! There goes my wallet!

Oh and that project you and I had previously discussed?... it's moving ahead. (please keep it quiet though!)

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Oh and that project you and I had previously discussed?... it's moving ahead. (please keep it quiet though!)
    10-4.

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    thats just not nice........:isadizzy:

Members who have read this thread: 70