Flap controls not working on one ETO install?

Thread: Flap controls not working on one ETO install?

Question Flap controls not working on one ETO install?

Has anyone had this happen? The Flap controls do not work in my ETO installation on my Win 7 laptop. They do work on the other installs on the same laptop and work on all the installs on my Win 7 desktop so I am ruling out a Win 7 problem. I have tried it with a joystick and without and they still don’t work. I also tried different .xca files in the “AppData”folder and still no joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

My CFS3 Site: www.mrjmaint.com/cfs3/ and CFS3 Facebook Page.

My Business Site www.MRJMaintenance.com and Facebook Page.

My Personal Facebook Page.

If you're using a high-poly model like the Bf109E or the B-24 you may find this, but it's not the flaps not working. CFS3 seems to prioritise what it does and if what you want is lower down on its list of priorities you may have to wait a while for this to happen. I've occasionally found flaps tardy to deploy. Like up to half a minute...

But first check the control assignments in ETO to make sure the keyboard mapping hasn't been screwed up.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Sure it's not a case of "aircraft stress causes damage" being turned on and airspeed preventing flaps from deploying? A friend of mine had a similar problem when we were playing online, he kept overshooting his landings and complained that the flaps didn't work - turned out that he was used to being able to deploy them at any speed and I had turned the stress damage on in the room settings...

SOH-CM-2020
    Some aircraft definitely have a speed above which the flaps won't deploy. the most recent being a hurricane (JF IIRC) where I can hit F around 150mph and the flaps won't extend until airspeed has dropped below around 130....So i drop the gear and that slows me down a bit faster, and the flaps then whirr down...

It's not the air speed. I have tested that. I will start off on a QC mission and then test the flaps and they will not deploy at low speed. Hairyspin may have it right. What I have noticed is that on some occasions the flaps would deploy with a time lapse after hitting the key.

My CFS3 Site: www.mrjmaint.com/cfs3/ and CFS3 Facebook Page.

My Business Site www.MRJMaintenance.com and Facebook Page.

My Personal Facebook Page.