Alabeo Waco Released . . .
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo Waco Released . . .

Alabeo Waco Released . . .

It's available now on their site!

http://www.alabeo.com/

Only $19.95 US.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Charter Member 2012
    Well spotted- downloading now

Just purchased and wanted to have a quick look before I head back to work. No time to fly, boooooooo.

The visual model is amazing (typical of Alabeo/Carenado).
    The detailing on the external model are just great.
    The rear left side door behind the pilot's seat seems to stick out a little and not sit flush with the aircraft, but I'm not sure the real one does either.
    The repaints are excellent and seem very precise and clear.
    The pilot figure is quite detailed and proportionate to the aircraft.
    The VC seems somewhat confined but is highly detailed and looks "cozy". It is like the aircraft wraps around you.
    The gauges seem well placed and clear. I love the texturing on the cockpit glass, it provides a depth to the windscreen.
    VC visibility below seems a little limited which coincides with what I have heard regarding the real aircraft.

I am a little iffy on the sounds. They sound very good, but is it a Waco sound? I'm not sure. I pictured a Waco sounding more choppy/thumpy like some of the Waco aircraft from Golden Age Simulations. The Alabeo offering sort of reminds me of a more refined engine sound (my description prob sucks). I could be completely wrong here regarding accuracy though.

I iwll add my thoughts on how she flies later when I get home from generating tax revenue. Sorry if the quick thoughts don't offer much.
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

It does look nice

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

The plane looks excellent and doesn't sound too bad. However, the flight model seems a bit "easy"...

Love it! A worthy successor to Bill Lyons Wacos

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2023
    And only $20.. Downloaded and installed mine already. But no time to fly. Heading out shortly for dinner. Girlfriend's Birthday you know...
    You can't take the sky from me...

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Some incredible work! I have been watching it come together at Facebook on their posts. I will be getting this lovely thing!

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Sound should be more on the tame and humming side, as the pictures show the two exhausts of a ring silencer which pretty much washes out the sound you hear of every cylinder by itself.

I really like the optics, but I donīt know if it is something for me, as I scarcely fly anything but accusimmed warbirds these days if I fire up FSX. I like an engine that needs to be convinced to start... Nothing negative about this one for sure, the external model is an achivement on itīs own judging from the screens! And these aircraft werenīt warbirds, so they arenīt made to squeeze out the last bit of performance, but reliability and performance, I guess.

Is there a vintage cockpit, too?
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Sounds are correct for a newly made, modern built aircraft as the YMF-5 D is depicted by Alabeo, as far as I am concerned.

Bernt Stolle flight dynamics, really need to say more?
    (No. It's not "RealAir", doesn't claim to be either.)

Cockpit is wonderfully 'cozy', as it should be.
    Love the option of putting a cover on over the passenger compartment up front.

Beautiful, inside and out.

Best offering from Alabeo yet, IMHO, and a must own and have in your hangar if you love biplanes priced at $20USD.

No longer active
    BTW, the sunken tailwheel and the missing free castoring tailwheel have been changes from Alabeo I just discovered in the release version. (Apparently there have been bouncing issues with non-acceleration user during the beta)

For those who want the correct tailwheel back, exchange the first line in the contact points section with this (the original) one.

point.0= 1, -11.8, 0.0, -1.3, 1500, 0, 0.5, 180, 0.02, 1.0, 0.5, 0, 0, 0, 0.0, 0.0

Wow, I love the cockpit. It looks as though you are climbing into the real plane. I spent all my extra money this month, but next mouth I will be flying this beauty.

Dang ol' stuck at work for another hour

How 'bout that nice price from Alabeo - I love those guys and
    dont care who knows it - lol
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Has anyone else had trouble logging into paypal from the Alabeo link?? I can't get in to purchase this beauty. I can log into my paypal account directly, but not from the Alabeo link.

edit:Guess I have to try again tomorrow, the transaction connection to paypal doesn't work at all now.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Couldn't wait to get this.

All that great WACO texturing is ruined by the WACKO wood prop animation. It stops and stutters during operation, simulating no prop I've ever seen. ??? The audio is strange. From the pit it sounds pretty good, but externally it sounds like a DC3, but flys like a Cessna 150. :isadizzy: Oh, and give us Barbi as the pilot option instead of GI Joe.

So I'll give it 3.5 stars on the moose turd rating scale.

d

Ok well, maybe 4 stars. It's a real looker.

I think she's a beauty..prop and all

Alabeo did the Waco proud and for 20$ American I'm more than satisfied...much more.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Turn right at the Lighthouse. It does make for some great screenies.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I think she's a beauty..prop and all

Alabeo did the Waco.
    $20, gee, I wonder if this model is as butchered as the 300s was when it comes to applying paint to it? I'm skeptical.
    To me, the ability to paint it is half my interest. 2/3rd's even!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    My goodness, what a beauty!!!! She is very photogenic.

Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

and she hurts the FPS some.....I've converted the textures to DDS3 format to help some.....must be alot of poly here.

I noticed how the doors are not flush with the aircraft. Is that normal on some of these old aircraft?
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Members who have read this thread: 146