Alabeo Waco Released . . . - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo Waco Released . . .

Charter Member 2012
    If you have never actually seen a Waco then i suggest you do some research before moaning about this product! It aint a stearman, it aint a tiger moth, its not of that eara. It may look old but having had the pleasure of working next to a RW distributor for 4 days i realised all my preconcived notions about a waco were completely wrong.

Look at the sales pitch!

http://www.wacoaircraft.com/ymf/

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    My goodness, what a beauty!!!! She is very photogenic.

Indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    If you have never actually seen a Waco then i suggest you do some research before moaning about this product! It aint a stearman, it aint a tiger moth, its not of that eara. It may look old but having had the pleasure of working next to a RW distributor for 4 days i realised all my preconcived notions about a waco were completely wrong.

Look at the sales pitch!

http://www.wacoaircraft.com/ymf/

OMG...look at the pic of the cockpit with full LCD displays. LOL
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

working on my first repaint for This amazing Plane
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Is it just me or does the trim not function at all? I can go to opposite extremes with regards to the trim wheel and get the same effect.....constant pitching up.

I have to hold the stick forward to keepo the nose down.

*EDIT* Nevermind. It looks like my stick lost calibration. Wonder how that happened. *Stares at 4 yr old copilot*
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Very nicely done plane Great job on the FDE Bernt:salute: It handles like I imagined it would, kind of like the Golden Age Sim Waco ASO...just a big comfortable cruiser, kind of like a Honda Goldwing or Harley Electra Glide or somthing. This is great, now I have this YMF for my modern Waco, along side my favorite ASO for my vintage Waco...then with the CTO, which is the agile aerobatic Waco. :mixedsmi: I like my WACOs...kind of prefer them to the Stearmans for some reason.

Just some minor gauge issues that I can tell. The clock 'mode' doesn't work...I assume it switches between local and zulu. Wouldn't mind seeing the timer functions or at least the timer mode functions work on the transponder

I can't seem to find much in the way of documentation such as POH or checklists. I am just going by what I learned flying the GAS Wacos for power settings and speeds and seems to work fine.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    I look forward to that - is there a proper paintkit? Im too lazy to look! LOL

No paintkits that I can see. There are blank white textures like usual Carenado releases. You have to use your paint program, then duplicate the blank textures as multiply layers. That way you can usually paint under the rivet and panel lines pretty well.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    No paintkits that I can see. There are blank white textures like usual Carenado releases. You have to use your paint program, then duplicate the blank textures as multiply layers. That way you can usually paint under the rivet and panel lines pretty well.

Cheers
    TJ
    Thanks for the advice TJ. I admire you guys who do that. I find using a proper kit annoying enough! LOL

No paintkits that I can see. There are blank white textures like usual Carenado releases. You have to use your paint program, then duplicate the blank textures as multiply layers. That way you can usually paint under the rivet and panel lines pretty well. Cheers TJ
    No need for that. Just paint over the blank texture and switch paint layer blend mode to color burn. And behold, the magic happens:mixedsmi:

Example using Alabeo c188
    Attachment 71743

Charter Member 2012
    Wow bushpilot - amazing tip thanks

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    The Waco is nicely done

GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Wow she is simply gorgeous! Had I not just bought their SU-26, I'd be flying this right now! Oh well, theres always tomorrow! :salute:

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Just noticed this thread.............been lookin' for a Waco to go with my Ryans and Stearmans......
    downloaded and took her up for a quickie. Wowee Zowie !!!! I'm in love !!!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

WACOs old and new:salute:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WACOs old and new:salute:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Day two of my viewing this absolutely gorgeous craft. The screens just keep getting better and better.
    Before I know it I'll succumb to having severe with-drawls that reflect back on my early-er R/C scale days.
    That thing is sure a looker. I LIKE IT!!!

I wish it had the old style panel and instruments otherwise it looks great. Is there any system management at all or can you fly without consequence?

I guess some folks (EDIT: But NOT TeiscoDelRay) are still confused about this modern aircraft... :isadizzy:

In March 1986, the first WACO YMF Classic rolled off the assembly line and received FAA certification under the original WACO type certificate. With more than 5000 labor hours of fine craftsmanship hand-built into each aircraft, it’s no wonder the WACO YMF was hailed as an aeronautic thoroughbred. This unique biplane was not a rebuild or a kit plane, but a brand new FAA certified production aircraft, with such improvements as the use of sturdy 4130 steel for the fuselage frame, modern hydraulic toe brakes, and advanced avionics.

Not at all confused buddy, just wish it was an older version with old style cockpit. I was at Oshgosh when they first brought this out so I know what it is.

I've succumb to my weakness

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Not at all confused buddy, just wish it was an older version with old style cockpit. I was at Oshgosh when they first brought this out so I know what it is.
    now THAT had to be a fun day...

and I agree - a 'retro' cockpit version would have been welcome...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 146