Advice needed for printscreen program with Windows 7 64 bits

Thread: Advice needed for printscreen program with Windows 7 64 bits

Hybrid View

Advice needed for printscreen program with Windows 7 64 bits

Bonjour,

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 64 bits Family Premium edition and am in the process of reinstalling FSX with all of the functions that I had working with Windows XP.

I had been using the Gadwin printscreen free application with excellent results and would get some full screenshots at the click of the selected button while flying in FSX.

I have now downloaded the latest Gadwin version (4.7) which is compatible with Windows 7 and can take screenshots of most anything SAVE for when FSX is open and running. Any click of the selected button will only give me a screenshot of the blackscreen seen when the program is loading prior to opening. I have sought advice at Gadwin but failed to get any answer yet...

Can anybody help me on solving this problem (if there is indeed a solution to it) ?

If not, could any of you suggest a program (freeware or payware) which would be as easy to use as Gadwin was that would be compatible with Windows 7 and be able to take screenshots of FSX while it is running ???

Thank you kindly in advance for your help.

Fleurdelys

For FSX and win 7 just push the V key.Screenshots will go to (my pictures).

Thanks Thoe,

Works fine !

However, I checked the type of file which is used and was wondering if we can select JPEG instead of BMP to save on space ?

Fleurdelys

IrFanView

You can take 100 pics (bmp) and then use IrFanView's 'batch conversion' feature to convert to jpg. It's small (file size). It's free. It's fast.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

I've been using 'Snapper' for years, it does what it says on the can and works on XP, Vista and Win 7 64.

You can DL it here: http://www.michielovertoom.com/software/snapper/

It even integrates with FS to add lat/long or nearest airport to the shot if you so desire (configurable in the Options settings).
    Larry

Yes I agree, Snapper (for our FS purposes) IS the way to go.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens