OFF style manager

Thread: OFF style manager

Blog Entries

OFF style manager

Along with a few others I've long wanted an external manager for my CFS3 installs similar to that which OFF has.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to go about it/what software to use please? I could do it with a batch file like Bob has cleverly done with the ETO and RS but wanted something a little more 'whizzy'.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Off

Talk to them. They have always been great and very helpful.

OFF MANAGER FOR CFS3

I HAVE BEEN THINKING THE SAME ON SIMILAR LINES BUT ALSO SOMETHING THAT WOULD CHANGE THEATRES IN SOMETHING LIKE A SPLASH SCREEN RATHER THAN LOTS OF ICONS FOR THE DIFFERENT THEATRES I.E ETO MAW PTO ETC OR AM I GETTING TOO COMPLICATED.

GARY

SOH-CM-2020
    i have just seen in my archives some form of early attempt at a theatre swapper. But nothing like what Pat P is after. Hopefully the OFF boys would help advise what's involved?

The basic principle is the same as that used by the the ETO and Rising Sun managers: swap files in and out of the cfs3 directory to make the game more flexible. What they have that we don't is a slick interface that does a lot of the swapping automatically based on whatever scenario you've chosen. It also goes way more in depth in what it can change. I've figured out how to write batch files that can do some similar things, (though not everything) but I don't know how to make an interface to run them (yet). If anyone has this kind of skill it would be great to team up and see what we can make.