Runway I-75

Thread: Runway I-75

Runway I-75

So this morning I flew my plane up to Brunswick Ga on business. I left at about 0845 on an instrument flight plan, got all checked in with Tampa, got cleared to altitude and was in my climb to cruise when another Piper comes up on the radio telling Tampa he was having an electrical problem and was going to return to Peter O'Knight (of C-17 fame). Tampa says no problem. About two minutes later he comes back and announces he's lost all oil pressure and was looking at setting it down on the interstate. I must note that he was very calm, and it suddenly got very quiet on the radio. He then came back and said he was going to use the Southbound lanes. As he descended he reported he would have to do a 180 and come in on the Northbound lanes. We lost him then, however another aircraft in the area reported seeing him on the groundin the median.

Naturally my wife freaked out until I called her from Georgia. I pointed out I was going the opposite direction....well, at least she was thinking of me.

Seems this guy did a very good job under difficult conditions and in rush hour traffic....

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-ne...ibs-ar-471921/
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Charter Member 2011
    landing on a road looks hard enough, but haveing to land during rush hour :isadizzy:

and thats one sturdy sign! didnt even look bent!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Arg, probably something not to read as I get ready to fly a x-c to have lunch with my dad tomorrow! Glad everything worked out.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Wow, that was remarkable. I'm so glad to hear that no one was hurt. I guess that bondo and duct tape won't be enough though, eh?
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Probably not, but regards Stiz's comment on the road sign....we, the taxpayers of Floriduh, are very pleased that this particular sign did not seem to even suffer a scratch.

Say what you will about us....but don't mock the road sign! We got our money's worth!

BTW, I flew back down from Georgia today, and the weather was wonderful. It was really gorgeous flying along the coastline. Next week may suck, but today was great. Now, it took me more time to drive across Tampa this afternoon than to fly from Georgia in the morning....but that's a different story.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."