NAS Whiting Field North and South Available

Thread: NAS Whiting Field North and South Available

Icon5 NAS Whiting Field North and South Available

NAS Whiting Field North (KNSE) and Whiting Field South (KNDZ) are available at FlightSim dot com. The helo pads and parking marks on Whiting Field South have been fixed to be "No Crash" markings for all the DODOSIM flyers. I also threw in Outlying Field 8A and Spencer NOLF.

Jim

Always a pleasure flying with your scenery. Thank you for providing it.:salute:

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to try this. Thanks Jim!!!

DL

PS - I've darn near worn the pavement off your KNGP ... love that one too!

Thank you Jim!!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Great news JD, somehow missed the release. All the T-34's should be done now at North Whiting with the T-6B's taking over, will confirm this next month when I am in the area.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Yeah, I got rid of the crop of T-34's I had on the tarmac and left the Texans. I wasn't sure how far along the replacement was.

Thanks,

Jim

The last T-34C training flight took place on April 19th of this year.

VCN-1

Absolutely great. Thanks.

A minor technical note. I was practising touch-and-gos at Sheppard AFB (another of Jim´s scenery) the other day with my brand new Milviz T-38 and after installing Whiting, Sheppard got two layers of ground. By lowering Whiting below Sheppard in scenery library this phenomenon disappeared.

Blog Entries
    Jim, you knocked the ball clear out of the park on this one.

Whereas I find Corpus Christi a bit hard on frames, Whiting has zero impact on fps. Zero. 29-30 fps on a dusty old pc. With all the dozens (if not scores) of static helos and trainer a/c, custom scenery, etc. - I'm thoroughly impressed by how well this looks and performs. Between you and ACG, the wonder of high-detail, low-impact military scenery never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks so very much!

DL

William, that is just wierd. I couldn't reproduce it on my machine, but my dev computer is the same as my test computer currently, so that wouldn't be unusual. It's good that you got it sorted. I'll keep looking for the interaction, thanks.

Thanks for the kind words, DL.

Best,

Jim

Attachment 71419

Attachment 71420

Luckily these things coincided and the interaction could be pointed out easily. I went into Milviz sale and then I practiced couple of days frequently landings at Sheppard. Whiting was published and I installed it and when I went back to Sheppard the afore-mentioned problem occurred. I´ll try it reversed, so we´ll see if it is something or just my PC´s bad mood.

EDIT: Yes, I was able to repeat the phenomenon by changing the priority in scenery library. I use combined Active Sky and XGraphics, of which the latter affects airport textures.

Another superb job, Jim! Thank you, Sir. :salute: ...Don

Yeah, I got rid of the crop of T-34's I had on the tarmac and left the Texans.
    Ha-Ha! Imagine my confusion when I quit slewing around checking it out and loaded up my IRIS TII.

Attachment 71434

Whaaaa????

OK, it took a minute to register. :isadizzy: Traffic_MAIW NAS Whiting North...Gonna have to fix that!
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Didn't get a chance to really try this until last night. Great job! (As always)

Best, Paul

Members who have read this thread: 83