Anti-virus,malware, what ever - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-virus,malware, what ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    AVG pro for 10 years now and no problems
    but i have worked on a few computers with the FREE AVG and it isn't as good, lol, you get what you pay for.
    Same thing I'm using. I've had computer cooties blow through AVG Free, but nothing has got through the pay version.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Retired SOH Administrator
    Well I did the scan and nuthin detected. Which is about what I expected...lol. Will do a complete format and after installing W7 I will install that program. If all goes well I will keep it. If I run into the same problem as before, I will format again and chalk it up as another waste of money for a program. :isadizzy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    free online scanner and removal
    http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_.../removal-tools

i use the scan weekly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

After doing a full disk wipe I went ahead and installed W7/64 and then Malwarebytes and the rest of my programs. Seems to be stable. I also wanted to try Bitdefender Total Security 2013. It was highly rated and number one at a few sites. I liked the interface and all the stuff it offers. Only problem is it has already caused the good old BSOD. After joining their forum it seems they have a issue with the 2013 ver. of this program. Just my luck, get one thing fixed and another problems appears...lol. It has only BSOD once, and froze my system twice, so I will try and hang in there to see if they come out with a patch to fix this problem. If not I guess I will start shopping for a replacement...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Panda antivirus working along with Malwarebytes has kept my confutor safe for 3+ years now. Knock on wood!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Tools Bars

I hate it when Some of those "freeware" installers will sneak in Babylon toolbar. If during the install process, you fast click on this/that and the other, then Babylon toolbar is installed and
    I've have to use Spybot search and destroy (Free) to get rid of it. That Babylon will try to make it your homepage too.

I'm with the 'probably wasn't MB per se' group but it might have been a parasite. Iv'e detected those a time or two downloading one of the more reliable AV programs like MP depending on where it's coming from. And just last week I noticed a buggy in the Revo Uninstaller list that likely jumped in that way and when I eradicated it seems it took offence and kicked me on the way out the door leaving a situation where no desktop icons responded to anything and MSE was disabled. So in safe mode the usual scans turned up a nasty or two that were zapped and so far so good. Gosh I have so much fun with my ole computer.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

I have used Norton Internet Securities for about 2 years... by itself. I don't wanna jinx it but I haven't had even an eyelash hair of trouble during that time. I also use ESET NOD32 on the shared machine in the basement, Five years straight and no issues.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

your success so far has nothing to do with norton, of that you can be sure.

Well I joined there forum and there seems to be some issues with the 2013 ver of BD. They need to out with a patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    wow, that's surprising. i really like that program. forst i ever heard of someone having trouble with it. is it posible that there is a bug on your system tht is fighting with malwarebytes?. that HAS happened to me before

Another thing to be wary of - DON'T get on skype with folks you don't know personally. Chat on the forums. There is at least one wolf in this henhouse, and sadly, people who know about him and protect him.