RAZBAM proudly presents: The AV-8B Harrier II Plus for FSX - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM proudly presents: The AV-8B Harrier II Plus for FSX

Just a heads-up. Bruce is acting as one of our beta testers. We sent him the corrections made so he can certify that the bugs are indeed squashed into a bloody pulp.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS67 View Post
    Just a heads-up. Bruce is acting as one of our beta testers. We sent him the corrections made so he can certify that the bugs are indeed squashed into a bloody pulp.
    Hopefully he does better than Arnie .... (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...8-plus-harrier, post #10)

Charter Member 2012
    go for it Bruce :salute:

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by newcomer View Post
    Hopefully he does better than Arnie .... (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...8-plus-harrier, post #10)

Definitely better that Arnie, I know I suck at politics, not diplomatic enough, but like him I don't speak English (Scottish not Austrian though).

Bruce

Charter Member 2012

couple of quickies

Charter Member 2012
    Please download what will probably be my final AV8B repaint from the SOH Libary. EDit - I have made a correction to the file as it should be VMA 513 not 515 as in this screenshot. The updated file is now available to download from the library.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    Hi

I just tried the link and it downloaded with no problem.

I have also uploaded all my paints to the SOH libary so you could get it from there if its still problem
    The SOH-link works fine., Barnes. Thanks!

Charter Member 2012
    Here is one last one - it was an easy one! Available soon from the Sim Outhouse libary

I never request paints but this one would be cool and I imagine fairly easy.

A flat black,stealth looking paint.I have the Lotus L-39 and he added a civilian black paint that I love. Speaking of love..... I love the "black jets" Sr-71,U2, ect and enjoy flying around Edwards,up to Area-51.
    So Ive always thought a non gloss black,stealth Harrier maybe with low vis markings would be a super cool,evil looking plane.
    You would also probably be the first to do it .

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    I never request paints but this one would be cool and I imagine fairly easy.

A flat black,stealth looking paint.I have the Lotus L-39 and he added a civilian black paint that I love. Speaking of love..... I love the "black jets" Sr-71,U2, ect and enjoy flying around Edwards,up to Area-51.
    So Ive always thought a non gloss black,stealth Harrier maybe with low vis markings would be a super cool,evil looking plane.
    You would also probably be the first to do it .

Hi JimJam

Sorry but im done with painting this one - I hope that someone else starts doing some and may take up your idea.

Apologies

Please Let us know when the update is ready to download

KR Matt

Folks,
    We have tested the patch and feel confident that most, if not all, reported bugs have been squashed:

- "Brick Wall" definetively squashed.
    - Bank problem, part of the brick wall; fixed.
    - "Robot-like" movement while on VTOL (not universal, pc dependent): fixed.
    - Sound misconfiguration: Fixed. But the sound package itself will be improved in the upgrade.
    - HUD: fixed horizon line and added specific reticles for rockets and AGMs.
    - HUD: FPM indicator fixed.
    - Mesh snafus that have been identified are fixed.
    - Missing rocket pods: fixed.
    - Armament Loadout Worksheet: fixed.
    - MPCD: Added a partial HUD page, now you can switch between TRUE and MAG heading. TRUE remains the default.
    - MAP FPS hit: fixed.
    - Landing Lights ON when LG is up: fixed.
    - R FUEL light coming on early: fixed.
    - Speed Brake not working in the VC: fixed.
    - Water System: fixed.
    - Altimeter Not marking 10K feet height: fixed.
    - Hidden Fuel; fixed. If there is any fuel in a tank that belongs to an external one, the tank will be displayed overriding any armament already installed.
    - The engine have been depowered: New weight limit for VTOL is 20,600.
    - Explosions effects missing textures: fixed.

Regarding fuel consumption:
    We have a disconnect here between how the real aircraft uses fuel and how fsx determines fuel must be used. Trying to get fsx to use fuel as per the real aircraft is doable but puts another fault point in the logic to an already overwatched aircraft, so I didn't.
    Fuel consumption in this aircraft as per FSX rule follows the following order:
    Outboard Externals L & R (FSX External 1 & 2)
    Inboard Externals L & R (FSX Wing Tip L & R)
    Wing Tanks L & R (FSX Aux L & R)
    Front Tanks L & R (FSX Main L & R)

Starting the moment when either the Inboard Externals (if present) or the Wing Tanks begin to be used, the following tanks are used as well:
    Rear Tank (FSX Center3)
    Left Feed (FSX Center2)
    Right Feed (FSX Center1)

As you fly, the aircraft can become unbalanced. I'll try to work for a solution, but it won't be ready before the upgrade.
    The R and L Fuel lights will come on when L and R Feed tanks are near empty. Which may happen while you still have plenty of fuel in the wings. Check the fuel gauge for true fuel status.

The installer should be ready tonight (our time) and the store updated by tomorrow morning (05H00 Zulu - 00H00 EST).

Blog Entries
    Couple of questions ....

1) How's the model on FPS, compared to other models (eg: A-6, A-7, etc.)

2) I have the Saitek AV8R. Is it possible to keep one throttle lever for throttle, and the other for nozzle control?

Thanks,

DL

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Couple of questions ....

1) How's the model on FPS, compared to other models (eg: A-6, A-7, etc.)
    It is FPS friendly. Specially since we fixed the map that was creating a huge fps hit. Of course mileage may vary on computer specs.

2) I have the Saitek AV8R. Is it possible to keep one throttle lever for throttle, and the other for nozzle control?
    Yes. But the Throttle lever must be set to the general (all engines) Throttle axis. The other lever must be set to the Propeller 1 Pitch.

Thanks,

DL
    You're welcome.

Blog Entries
    Fast, simple responses - thanks so much. :ernae:

Have to scrape a few more shekels ... should pick this up soon.

Cheers,

DL

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II Plus Mk1A is up in the store, current customers have their accounts reset to 0 so they can re-download the product. MK1A addresses all the documented bugs.Thanks for your patience.If you´re a new customer, your purchase is up to date.

Best regards
    Prowler

Charter Member 2012
    Just downloaded the new version and awaiting FSX to start up! zzzz

Edit - just had quick flight and it seems very much better - well done Razbam team.

OOOooooooops!!!!! Never arm your weapons on the ground.
    Attachment 71698Attachment 71696Attachment 71697

Logged in,looked at my purchases and see the Harrier but its the same size,403 megs as the first release. I am pretty sure its the same one after downloading it and now I only have 1 download left.

Where do you find the updated version? I also do not see it in the downloads/updates so I am lost here.

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Logged in,looked at my purchases and see the Harrier but its the same size,403 megs as the first release. I am pretty sure its the same one after downloading it and now I only have 1 download left.

Where do you find the updated version? I also do not see it in the downloads/updates so I am lost here.
    There is no separate patch, the whole installer has been updated, you need to download the whole thing again
    Best regards
    Prowler

For those who had problems with the Saitek X-65, there is a configuration thread in the forums: http://www.razbamsims.com/forums/vie...php?f=24&t=287

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler1111 View Post
    Gents:
    RAZBAM AV-8B HarrierII Plus for FSX ready for purchase:

http://www.razbamsims.com/

Click on the Harrier

Best regards

The RAZBAM Team

I just got the email today......
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

It's an outstanding aircraft ;-) I will fly this a lot !

Best
    DagR

Can't create an account

HI,

I want to purchase this aircraft but when I try and create a new account I get a page that asks for my namd and date of birth. I fill these in but nothing happens. I get an error message on the bottom saying "Done but with errors on the page", tried about 6 times, all with the same problem.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks Ron

Members who have read this thread: 168