RAZBAM proudly presents: The AV-8B Harrier II Plus for FSX - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM proudly presents: The AV-8B Harrier II Plus for FSX

Any chance of an FAA scheme, as far as I'm aware there arn't plans for the FRS.1 or F/A2.... hope i'm wrong on that though

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

I don't know is this minor issue was mentioned yet, so im going to mention it aways. There seems to be an issue with reguards to the landing light still illuminating the ground when the gear is up.
    Attachment 71470

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Most likely, you put the gear up, but the landing lights switch is still on, weŽll fix it in the coming patch, thanks for the heads up

Prowler

Charter Member 2012
    Just messing about I came up with this ficticious paint - does anyone want it berfore i delete it from my PC?

Charter Member 2011
    Hey keep it up!,love it

Prowler

Charter Member 2012
    Working on this one

Blog Entries
    I'm having some difficulties with the Harrier. I was hoping to post my problems on the RAZBAM forum, but have been informed that my account is "inactive", and I can't see a contact address.<o></o>
    I am also having the problem with the aircraft not recognizing the throttle of my Thrustmaster Warthog joystick, and I am also not able to turn on the HUD (am I missing something?). The Harrier looks great, but so far I haven't been able to get it of the ground, which is a little bit frustrating after anticipating it for so long!

Regards,
    Ian.

Blog Entries
    O.k., I've found the answer to both the HUD and the throttle problem. The HUD was my fault (I hadn't noticed the off setting on the brightness control!) <o></o>
    The solution to the throttle lies in FSUIPC, and is caused by having a duel throttle set up.<o></o>
    What you need to do is go into FSUIPC's axis assignment, set aircraft specific and "axis throttle set", not "axis throttle set 1 or 2" like you might have used normally.<o></o>
    It seems that with the Harrier you can't assume that throttle 1 will work your single engine!<o></o>
    I hope this helps others with this problem.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Regards,<o></o>
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    Working on this one

When I saw you question about the fictitious paint, I thinj to suggest to go with this one !
    Very good idea ! Not enough time to test your paints till now, but it will come, with priority on the arctic, of course.
    And the screens look great !

Congratulations for the speed you mastered the paintkit !

Charter Member 2012
    Please download this repaint from here.............

https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/T7O6lu...513%20camo.zip

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    Please download this repaint from here.............

https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/T7O6lu...513%20camo.zip

Hello Barnes,<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Your paint looks very attractive, but when I go to the download page a lot of the content seems missing (I only see text, no background etc.), and when I click the Download text I get the message that the page cannot be displayed. Am I doing something wrong?

Charter Member 2012
    Hi

I just tried the link and it downloaded with no problem.

I have also uploaded all my paints to the SOH libary so you could get it from there if its still problem

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    O.k., I've found the answer to both the HUD and the throttle problem. The HUD was my fault (I hadn't noticed the off setting on the brightness control!) <o></o>
    The solution to the throttle lies in FSUIPC, and is caused by having a duel throttle set up.<o></o>
    What you need to do is go into FSUIPC's axis assignment, set aircraft specific and "axis throttle set", not "axis throttle set 1 or 2" like you might have used normally.<o></o>
    It seems that with the Harrier you can't assume that throttle 1 will work your single engine!<o></o>
    I hope this helps others with this problem.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Regards,<o></o>
    Ian.
    Sorry, won't help here as I don't have a full version of FSUIPC.
    Actually found my throttle will advance from 66% to around 71%, but as soon as I reach the halfway point in the axis it acts like it reverses and goes back to 66% at full.
    EDIT: This actually occurs with any axis I try to assign for the throttle.
    Also the throttle animation is not connected at all to any throttle movement.

To Zeus.
    As I said earlier, my throttles are mapped to engine throttles via the axis for throttles on the throttle peripheral.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Actually found my throttle will advance from 66% to around 71%, but as soon as I reach the halfway point in the axis it acts like it reverses and goes back to 66% at full.

To Zeus.
    As I said earlier, my throttles are mapped to engine throttles via the axis for throttles on the throttle peripheral.
    I'm no expert,and I'm assuming that you have set your controls via FSX's control options. The first thing that I would look at is how you set your throttles in the axis panel, if you have one of your joystick throttles set to engine one, and the other set to engine two (which is the logical way to do it), try setting one of your (joystick) throttles to plain old throttle.<o></o>
    Next have a look at your sensativity and null zone settings, then finaliy re check the calibration for your joystick.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    Good luck,<o></o>
    Ian.

To Zeus.
    Just arrived. The VTOL module needs that you use the general (all engines) Throttle axis, instead of a specific one. You can do this either via FSUIPC or by using FSX's control settings, which is the one that I use.

Barnes can do some high vis marine corp repaints?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS67 View Post
    Just arrived. The VTOL module needs that you use the general (all engines) Throttle axis, instead of a specific one. You can do this either via FSUIPC or by using FSX's control settings, which is the one that I use.
    After years of using multiple throttles, you miss the obvious sometimes, I guess.

After years of using multiple throttles, you miss the obvious sometimes, I guess.
    Don't feel like the lone ranger, been there, done that, banged my head in the desk and later kicked myself in the butt.

Oddly, I have my throttles set up in FSUIPC.. as Axis throttle 1 and Axis throttle 2. Throttle 2 seems to be what is controlling the aircraft throttle.

-Damien

Charter Member 2011
    Time for some bug fix announcements:
    Brick Wall bug killed, it was a stupid snafu from us, it was a development tool that went into the release version (this fixes the excess bank non-stall issue as well)
    "robotic" feel, killed as well, a side effect of "brick wall" bug (which, lol, happened to be a tool! )
    Pitch issue, fixed, yeah..you guessed, "Brick Wall"(<--gona name that one bug of the year)
    Sounds issue, engine spooling down sound when transitioning and/or in VTOL mode, this one was a snafu made by ME during product compilation, as well as the cockpit sounds, all of these are fixed BUT weŽll upgrade the sound package once Inny gets his done and ready (yeah youŽll need to redownload the whole product once again).
    Water and fuel issue, fixed as well as the loadout manager bug
    Landing lights visible when gear is up, fixed
    We are including a new feature, which is the NVGŽs, will be a hotas feature
    see-thru bug in the exterior model (wing meets the fuselage) issue fixed
    HUD bug, working on it at the moment.

Patch delivery date, between Sunday night and Monday night, itŽs a complete re-build
    Thanks for your patience

Best regards

Prowler

Sounds great but no need to rush it.

Btw- I think this is my first Razbam order directly from you. How do I get a download link when the new Harrier version is released?

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Sounds great but no need to rush it.

Btw- I think this is my first Razbam order directly from you. How do I get a download link when the new Harrier version is released?
    We will replace the installer with a new one, then we will reset all download counts. You only have to use the same download link.

Charter Member 2012
    Well done guys - a great product backed by great customer service - thanks

Here is another repaint - please download from here...
    https://www.cx.com/mycx/share/JEhIe-...een%20camo.zip

Folks, I just remembered that some one claimed that he can't use the MPDs. All devices in the aircraft: HUD, UFC/ODU, MPDs, RADIO, must be turned ON before use.

HUD & UFC/ODU: Click on their respective BRT button. The mouse wheel works as well.
    MPDs: On the Left Upper Corner, you can find the PWR button, click on it. Note: The right MPD left buttons column is blocked by the Warning Lights Panel. Click on the bottom light in the Caution Light Panel, that is on the right of the UFC to unblock it. The left MPD right buttons column can be unblocked by clicking on the light before the bottom one.
    The Lights will reappear when: you click a button in the blocked row, or there is a caution/warning light turning on. When there is a caution/warning light on, you cannot unblock the affected column.
    RADIO: Click/use the mouse wheel, on the MODE Knob, which is the one in the left bottom, until the selected radio frequency appear in the screen.

Charter Member 2012
    With the latest fix, I have managed to do a complete 40kt 600ft circuit of Yeovilton, the super speed stop at 98 degrees of nozzle has gone, long live the speed stop.

Bruce

Members who have read this thread: 168