Good USA/Alaska Scenery

Thread: Good USA/Alaska Scenery

Good USA/Alaska Scenery

what is out there for good USA/Alaska sceenry out there, that is not hugly piggy on frames when using GA planes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinion is: Orbx Pacific Fjords+Tongass Fjords+Misty Moorings+Orbx PAKT, eventually Aerosoft Anchorage. Ok not really FPS saving but on a GA they could perform well.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Yep I've found and have Orbx for area's available for NA. Very FPS friendly on my Aerosoft Twin otter and Carenado Caravan. Also likes my CS737-200c.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

so prety much Orbx stuff?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    so prety much Orbx stuff?
    Not necessarily. I'd look at Flight 1's UTX USA, UTX Canada, Ultimate Alaska and GEX North America. They're frame rate and memory friendly and cover vastly larger areas than the Orbx scenery. Orbx covers small regions. The Flight 1 stuff, covers the North American continent, north of the Rio Grande. In addition for what you get, it's cheaper. I have everthing everybody else has mentioned and I suggest you start with the Flight 1 stuff. You can always add the Orbx scenery later, if you want.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by whitney17 View Post
    Not necessarily. I'd look at Flight 1's UTX USA, UTX Canada, Ultimate Alaska and GEX North America. They're frame rate and memory friendly and cover vastly larger areas than the Orbx scenery. Orbx covers small regions. The Flight 1 stuff, covers the North American continent, north of the Rio Grande. In addition for what you get, it's cheaper. I have everthing everybody else has mentioned and I suggest you start with the Flight 1 stuff. You can always add the Orbx scenery later, if you want.

Joe
    ill have a look into it and see what my computer thinks of the Demo stuff i got from Orbx tonight as well, anyone got any screenys of the Flight1 or orbx stuff?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The ORBX stuff is fantastic and has found a permanent place on my hard drive in Prepar3d and for FSX I use the UTX for Alaska, it includes a lot of the villages and way out of the way places in Alaska that are fun for Bush flying..

But, hands down it really doesn't get any better than ORBX IMO!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

The ORBX sceneries have the greatest detail. The UTX Alaska however is an important part of my scenery selection. I can fly VFR by reference to roads and lakes using that. It can be tuned to control FPS.

The Aerosoft Anchorage is great, but that does impact FPS at least if run with UTX Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    ill have a look into it and see what my computer thinks of the Demo stuff i got from Orbx tonight as well, anyone got any screenys of the Flight1 or orbx stuff?
    If you want to see screen shots of the GEX, UTX, and Flight 1 products, just go to their websites and you'll see tons of screen shots. Also there are reviews of these products on AVSIM.com and Flightsim.com.

Joe

Members who have read this thread: 44