Milviz 50% Off Sale - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Milviz 50% Off Sale

Quote Originally Posted by dandog View Post
    Crazy Colin,
    I am having FPS issues. I do have a low end machine. It is a 2.6 Core 2 Duo with 800 Mgh FSB and 4 gigs of ram. My low end vid card is a Nvidia 9400GT. The B55 cuts my fps from 30 on most other AC to 10-12. I can't taxi smoothly, and that is my "go, no go" breaking point. Plus, how do I brighten the gauges? The VC is sooo dark.

I WANNA FLY THIS ONE!!!

Thank you!
    Daniel

Sorry, no PM, just facts. I have nothing to hide and no shame in my game.

ps. Like the Avitar. Cover the face and attack the base!!

Edit: did you change your max texture load setting? if so, put it back down to 1K... that might help...

Bought the T-38 and F-15 both! I'll have to just sit in the back seat of the F-15E and pretend it's the real fighter version.

I assume there's an awesome Thunderbirds paint for the T-38... Too late at night to install it right now, alas, or I'll end up staying up crazy late flying around. (EDIT: I peeked. Nice, all the T-birds.

The choppers are now "On SALE". Coupons are in the files.

Please note that the F-15E is still, the ONLY plane in the world that is capable of doing locks, shoot downs and kills in either single player (free flight) and multi-player...

i am really Enjoying The F-15E Thanks for the Great addon :salute:

How would one Fire weapons online games?? When i try to fire Aim 9 It does not fire Though Does get a Lock on Tone
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

you may have a lock but not the requirements for a shot.

Check the videos online or our forums for more info.

For online games... you have to find someone to fly/shoot with...

I suggest something like... vUSAF.

Quote Originally Posted by dandog View Post
    Plus, how do I brighten the gauges? The VC is sooo dark.
    There are three knobs on the lowest part of the center console. Use 'em all!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Edit: did you change your max texture load setting? if so, put it back down to 1K... that might help...
    Max texturre load is 1024.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Please contact me by PM.

Blog Entries
    Thinking about the T-38 (would be my first MV purchase) ....

How is the FPS on this product? Have a low-end system, would appreciate feedback. Not suggesting the product has issues - it looks fantastic in reviews. Just some products are aimed at higher end machines, and if that's the case, I completely understand.

Thanks,

DL

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Thinking about the T-38 (would be my first MV purchase) ....

How is the FPS on this product? Have a low-end system, would appreciate feedback. Not suggesting the product has issues - it looks fantastic in reviews. Just some products are aimed at higher end machines, and if that's the case, I completely understand.

Thanks,

DL
    DL,

I'm not sure what constitutes a low-end system these days ... but on my Core I5-750 oc'd to 3.7 GHz with 8 GB RAM and an aging 9800 GT video card, I see NO adverse FPS effect when flying the T-38. I'd suggest that you check out this review (http://www.avsim.com/pages/0911/Milviz/T38.html), the Milviz return policy, then give it a try. You're not likely to be disappointed with either the aircraft or the support those folks provide ... and no, I don't work for them.

Have fun,
    Mike

The T-38 will work on lower end systems. It has no glass and no gps. It's all steam. No funny stuff.

Try it from our site and, if you find you have issues... you can return it within 30 days. No questions asked.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    The T-38 should be good on your system. As Colin said we do have the 30 day return policy.. The only time I have ever had issues with the T-38 (or any other aircraft for that matter) is flying it in to any of the Aerosoft US Cities X sceneries with full custom 3D buildings, or whenever I turn autogen up really high. As long as you have a system that runs FSX decently you should be good to go.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Got the F-15 late Friday and really liked it UNTIL I tried to "end flight" and return to the "free flight" screen. Computer hangs up with a black screen and only way I can get back is to CTRL_ALT_DEL and bring up task manager then the FSX ""free flight" window pops back up on it's own. And it's not only the F-15 now, it did it on ALL aircraft. I figured it was one of the dll modules causing the problem so I retrieved the dll.xml file from before the install and now FSX works OK but of course the F-15 doesn't function correctly without the modules being called. I went to the Milviz forums and searched but found no answer. Also can't find any type of uninstall so now I'm kind of unsure how to proceed. Has anyone else had this problem?

Steve

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    That would be a new one to me. Do you have a forum account? If not email me at Roadburner440 at milviz dot com and I will get you set up with one. Not sure what the DLL would be doing to your FSX install, but we will certaintly look in to it.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Wow, that was fast!! Yes I have an account. Also, just had a look at the Quick Setup PDF and it references an uninstaller directory ".....Airplanes\Milviz F-15E\Uninstaller" that was not created on my install.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Ah ah, I have finally picked up the F-15. Didn't test it yet.
    I also bought the Baron B-55, after a long hesitation with the Carenado B-58... The B-55 looks nice, I could test it, but I kept getting out of memory errors when trying to load a flight at Darrington or Concrete ?
    A flight at Sekiu, in the middle of nowhere, worked fine though, so I could test the plane. High toll on the FPS, I hope the F-15 is not the same...
    Just to keep the topic updated, on a positive note: I managed to prevent the crashes and drastically reduce the FPS impact of the Baron
    I had to lower some of my in-game settings (texture_max_load set back to 1024 as well) that were a bit too optimistic for sure, but mainly I had to re-enable the Windows Virtual Memory (paging file). My sim was crashing because it was always getting too close to the max memory usage for Windows. After creating the paging file fixed to 2048 Mb, I could achieve my first flight with the Baron B-55, from Concrete Mun to Darrington Mun, by night (to try these Lotus lights... which are great 8) ) and successfully land and go to the parking without a scratch.
    Happy finally

I got's me a Cessna 310R......it's cool.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

One more weekend!

Members who have read this thread: 113