A thrilling update from A2A Simulations

Thread: A thrilling update from A2A Simulations

A thrilling update from A2A Simulations

Wow, a Piper Cherokee, Cessna 172 and a civilian P51D And much more!

http://youtu.be/p6l9KSu2330
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I saw that earlier today on Avsim. Looks like I'm going to have to divert my vacation budget to buy all this stuff
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Between The Upcoming Cessna 172 from RealAir and A2A I'm going to be quite proficient in this aircraft I am a little disappointed that The Beautiful F104 and Phantom are still a long
    way off.Bummer

Patrick

Hope they've got a Naval Tom in their plans, also I'd compleatly forgoten about the 104

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Interesting update.

The Cherokee would make a nice addition. Not real sure on the decision for another 172, but we'll see! I'm curious to see how things continue to progress! There's many years left in our beloved FSX!

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Interesting update.

The Cherokee would make a nice addition. Not real sure on the decision for another 172, but we'll see! I'm curious to see how things continue to progress! There's many years left in our beloved FSX!

Joseph

depends on what era of 172 both are making because the C172A and the modern 172SP are very different.

but either way it will be nice to get a few more GA planes from A2A
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow. ANOTHER 172 that will be on the "must buy" list. It's the only airplane I've ever flown in RL, so I keep buying versions, even though they're default too! Looking forward to this one and RealAir's version.

A hunch in me thinks the Realair version will be next gen 172...post 90s...while it looks like the A2A will be more of an older pre 1980 rental clunker...both of which are great. The more the merrier. :salute:
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Would be great to have a pre 1980 rental clunker to use as a nav trainer.

This is the most excited I've been about flight simulator in a long time! :ernae:

to be honest, I'm not so excited.
    No mention of a Spit mk.V, the piper looks OK, the 172 has not interested me so far, don't even have the Carenado version. My hangar is already full with P-51's so the H (of which I don't like the looks anyway) is a no-buy for me, all those trainers don't do anything either for me (now if it had been a real Texan, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the pic when Scott started about the AH models....) and the jets are now even further in the distance (I was looking forward to the Phantom), so I don't have much to look forward to.
    But I'll let A2A surprise me, I may end up buying some of them...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Kind of scratching my head here...

"Piper Cherokee?"...That's a broad brush stroke. Which ones? 160,180 or 235 Hp engine in the Cherokee? Which ones?
    :isadizzy:Oh I'm getting to old for this! I hate when they taunt me like this!
    I'll have to stay tuned...The 172 and the "Cherokee's" will be a must have!

CODY

The Cherokee will be a must-buy for me, since I've been desperately waiting for an Accusim GA aircraft for way too long. I wish they would have made something more vintage, like a Beaver or Goose or any of these legends, though.
    The C-172 however, is another story. I don't have much interest in this one, but I'll wait and see which variants will be proposed (floats ?).

For the rest, yes indeed the jets are now one additionnal step away from us, especially the Phantom which, no matter what, will arrive several months AFTER the F-104... but both of these will be instant-buy for me anyways.

I have absolutely no interest at all in the planes they are making for MadCatz.

3 years now I have been waiting for the Phantom and everytime other projects pop up and take priority. I do not blame A2A, I think they do brilliant stuff, just can't help it that I am not into P-51's or C172's. After all they are a business and the market for warbirds and GA planes is probably much larger than the few odd souls like myself wanting iconic old steam gauged smoking cold war jet fighters like the F-4. Let's hope someone else will fill the void and offer a decent native FSX F-4 soon...

Quote Originally Posted by CODY View Post
    "Piper Cherokee?"...That's a broad brush stroke. Which ones? 160,180 or 235 Hp engine in the Cherokee? Which ones?
    :isadizzy:Oh I'm getting to old for this! I hate when they taunt me like this!
    I'll have to stay tuned...The 172 and the "Cherokee's" will be a must have!
    CODY
    Years ago I owned and operated a 79 Piper Warrior II, which has the tapered wing. It had a lycoming 160hp 320 cu in engine in it. When it came time to overhaul the engine, we had a choice to go with the same engine or upgrade to a 180hp 360 cu in. We chose the former only because of cost, but in a way, I slightly regretted that move especially when taking off heavy from smaller airports. The extra 20 horses really goes a long way. But that doesn't mean I didn't love that Warrior, I did. It was a solid, well built aircraft.

Beyond this, you have the Piper pa-28 235, which we were strongly considering when looking at Comanches. The pa-235 is a work horse, and can haul 1,400lbs. That is full fuel, four adults, and room for baggage. The pa-28-235 is a very sought after airplane. It also comes with a constant speed prop.

We want to give you the ability, in the hangar, to choose your powerplant and prop, among other things.

However, I recently flew a C172, and was frankly a bit surprised how the aircraft handled differently in almost every way than the Piper. These are the characteristics we are simulating.

Scott.

A couple more Accusim GA are certainly welcome in my view. I see them and the F-104 as stepping stones or building blocks to the ultimate goal the F-4 Phantom. With these building blocks we will see a fantastic Phantom done RIGHT!!! So lets be patient and enjoy the amazing agonizing ride.

I am excited about the ownership angle of Accisim GA. I have a couple hours in the 172 but don't own one and at my age never will. So what would it be like? Never mind the cost...er, will that be simulated in Accusim as well?

Go A2A! With you all the way Scott!
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Can't wait for the jets! :mixedsmi:

Quote Originally Posted by Blade124 View Post
    Years ago I owned and operated a 79 Piper Warrior II, which has the tapered wing. It had a lycoming 160hp 320 cu in engine in it. When it came time to overhaul the engine, we had a choice to go with the same engine or upgrade to a 180hp 360 cu in. We chose the former only because of cost, but in a way, I slightly regretted that move especially when taking off heavy from smaller airports. The extra 20 horses really goes a long way. But that doesn't mean I didn't love that Warrior, I did. It was a solid, well built aircraft.

Beyond this, you have the Piper pa-28 235, which we were strongly considering when looking at Comanches. The pa-235 is a work horse, and can haul 1,400lbs. That is full fuel, four adults, and room for baggage. The pa-28-235 is a very sought after airplane. It also comes with a constant speed prop.

We want to give you the ability, in the hangar, to choose your powerplant and prop, among other things.

However, I recently flew a C172, and was frankly a bit surprised how the aircraft handled differently in almost every way than the Piper. These are the characteristics we are simulating.

Scott.
    Scott
    I cut my teeth on Pa-28-140's! Flown Archers, strait wing Pa-28R-180's and -200 and 201t. So you could say I love my Cherokee's!
    I'm just wondering where your numbers/models are going to fall? A 140, Archer or Arrow will all be in my hangar if you guys do them. The Comanche for sure!
    I hope you guys keep them true to the model number and don't just do one airframe for all 3 engines?
    The only other thing I can hope for....is "steam!" I would love to see old King and Narco radios!
    So with fingers crossed...

CODY

Cody,

We typically like to focus on one airframe and if we are to expand, expand out from there. We also know there are both Hershey bar and tapered wing loyalists.

We planning to flight test both wings and capture their performance and feel. We may end up making one model first, then adding another later. It all depends on what these differences are and how we can implement them.

Scott.

Great news!

I for one am glad to see new GA planes from A2A. The competition element with the Realair C172 is good too. I would love to know which C172 is being modelled. It would be good to see an "N" modelled, though an "R" would be not bad. Also Reality XP integration would be a really nice treat...

Any Cherokee is going to be cool, particularly with the engine change and prop selection via the maintenance hangar. I love that aspect with the Spitfire and will no doubt love it on the 51/40 when I manage to get around to picking one or both of those too

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

When were you guys at NAS Whiting Field?! That's the T-6B sim bay in that video. I just finished up there a few months ago. Does that mean a T-6B could be in the works?

EDIT: Should have watched the rest of the video first! A Texan AND a Goshawk!!!

Members who have read this thread: 112