Does your Flight Simulator program look like this?

Thread: Does your Flight Simulator program look like this?

Retired SOH Administrator

Does your Flight Simulator program look like this?

I want mine to look just like this >> http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=KcuDdPo0WZk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Wow!

Did you recognize most of the scenery?
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Retired SOH Administrator
    Jag, I have watched it five different times and see something more each time. Someone did a lot of work on this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Actually yes, over the years my FSX is starting to look like that video, at the cost of a few thousand dollars now I suspect ... :

I was out in the Black Hills about a month ago.
    Took a helicopter tour in front of Mount Rushmore, something I've always wanted to do.
    Did it at sunset, was a nice trip.
    Sunrise would be the best like in the video, might have to try that sometime.

I live in Niagara Falls, and when the weather is warm I hike from Third Street to Terrapin Point at least once a week, so I know what I'm talking about here. The Niagara Falls footage is superb. I have the Aerosoft scenery for Buffalo and th Niagara Frontier, which is quite good, but FSX doesn't seem to handle arch bridges or sloping highways very well. AI road traffic jumps between hilltops. The Robert Moses Parkway is a monstrosity anyway so maybe that's accurate in a surrealist sense. BTW: I'm on C-SPAN.org somewhere pontificating about Robert Moses, but I've never bothered to search out the footage. It wasn't my lecture; I was just part of the Q&A.

Here's a pic I shot of some Japanese tourists who really don't care too much about their lives. My father spoke Japanese fluently and I could hear them talking. The Falls Park has roving police patrols to keep people from doing this, but they can't be everywhere at once. The day before I took this photo, someone went over the Falls. Local media tries to keep it quiet to discourage copycats, but this happens regularly. I was literally holding on to my hat because of the wind, so these three must be touched by an angel.

Attachment 70866
    JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

That video was too much for my video card to handle.

That's great! I suspect that my hardware is too outdated now to get those kind of results from a flight sim though.
    XP Pro: Intel D975XBX2 /QX6700 @ 3.50GHz / 8800GTX / 2X2GB G.Skill PC2 8500 / Ultra 120 Extreme / 150GB Raptor / 320GB Seagate 7200.10 / PC P&C Silencer 750 PSU / CM Stacker 810 / LITE-ON 20X DVD / X-FI Music

Vista Ultimate 64: Intel D975XBX2 / Q6700 @ 3.6GHz / 8800GTX / 4X2GB G.Skill PC2 8000 / Ultra 120 Extreme / 150GB Raptor / 750GB WD Caviar / PC P&C Silencer 750 PSU / CM Stacker 810 / LITE-ON SATA DVD / onboard sound

Blog Entries
    Surely, that wasn't a flight sim video? It is TOO detailed. And the waving people.....I don't think soooo.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Surely, that wasn't a flight sim video? It is TOO detailed. And the waving people.....I don't think soooo.

Got to agree.

Be good if you could though.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2012/rtwr_2012sm1.png[/SIGPIC]

I like my flight sim just fine.
    Blurry,herky jerky and prone to crashing just like in real life.

the scenery was nice, sure. but that plane flew like a cartoon, and the pilot was a lunatic. 3 times i thought he was goin in the drink, and once i thought sure he was going into the wires above the gg bridge. in fact, it looked to me at times, as if the plane was just crudely pasted over the video. monument valley looked really nice though, i thought.

I believe most of the video was real footage of landscape. The vehicles, people and animals are all CGI. Of course its not flight simulator based either but would look really cool if we could get it that accurate.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB