Slightly OT..... this kinda sucks....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slightly OT..... this kinda sucks....

Slightly OT..... this kinda sucks....

... alright admit it how many thought it was a hoover?

... just had some lovely news from my Doctor and optometrist.... (this is where it becomes sim relevant).... from Sept 3rd i'll be forced into having a few weeks off from FS work due to a nice Hospital appointment on the 3rd to have a clot behind my right eye 'eradicated', anti-coagulants and warfarin is what the doc said i think was best for treating it... at least i think that's what he said, many know that recently my right eye has been losing focused vision from time to time, after a month of putting up with it i thought i'd better get it checked out... how i managed to bleed behind my eye i don't know unless i strained it a bit much and managed to bust a few capillaries... either way, it happened...

so just an advance warning guys :salute: i thought it better to tell you lot so come that time there's not a cry of 'Matt..... where are you?'

on the plus side, it means i can still work with 2 eyes when it stays focused or 1.25 when blurred.... i've managed for a month... what's 2 more weeks?

on a lighter note... here's a hoover....

Attachment 70824

Very sad to hear Matt!

Blood clots are not to mess around with, as I experienced 2 years ago...
    I developed them in my leg and couldn't walk for three months! Warfarin it is - in my case for 6 months!
    I'm glad they were discovered, otherwise could have been fatal!
    Hoping that you will have a swift recovery...!

Regards,

Stuart

Matt, I'm sorry to hear this. Indeed you'd better take it easy. Hobbies are great but health is paramount. You've only got two eyes and they'd better stay in a good condition. Flightsim can wait and you know we care about you all the same.

Like Stuart says, blood clots are not a joke. Six years ago I ignored a terrible pain in my lower left leg for too long. The leg is still there but I don't manage the long walks anymore I loved to do before. So be careful with your eyes and your overall health.

Cheers,
    Maarten

6 months? sod that it's got a month and half, i'm not missing getting my ass to Greece in October... gotta keep that promise or there's hell to pay

Get things taken care of, mate... your health comes first over everything else. And when you return... the ouzo's will be on Nigel and me. I'll be pullin' for ya'.

All the best --

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I agree with the above comments. Take care of your health. I hope your problem will be solved soon and that your eye won't suffer from any consequence.

SOH-CM-2023
    Take care Matt, Warfarin can take a couple of weeks to stabilise, with blood tests every day in my case for that period! (That was in 2000 after getting a DVT). I now have blood tests every month to keep the level correct. I will be on it for the rest of my life 'cos I have a high clotting factor thats hereditary. Its a b*****r when I need operations 'cos I have to have daily heparin injections before & after the op! It keeps me alive though. I'm surprised that you are not having the initial blood clot buster heparin first though.
    I hope it cures the eyesight.
    Good luck
    Keith

Hang in there, Matt, and good luck. All will be well.

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Excellent advice spoken above. Adhere to it! Best of luck.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Good luck and take care of yourself Matt.

Blood clots can be a "B". I have a condition whereby my blood will spontaneously clot at any time. Warfarin is the answer, but I had to inject low molecular weight heparin for about six weeks before being transitioned to warfarin. Took a huge bite out of the savings during that period. I'm now on warfarin for the rest of my life. Be careful shaving, lololol!!!

@Dev One: is your Factor 7 or 8 the high one?
    Matt

thanks guys, might have been Heparin, but i don't listen to the Docs, they do their job i do mine

i guess i'm fortunate in that my blood is quite normal timed to clot over when i do get a cut or a scrape, at least it'll stop me giving blood for a while (am an AB-, very rare, same as my grandfather was...)

again, cheers for the support guys, nice to know i have a bunch i can metaphorically lean on... told my family and got "you brought it unto to yourself", now i remember why i'm moving in October (still, hopefully!)

Hi Matt, just wanted to add my best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. Be patient.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    (am an AB-, very rare, same as my grandfather was...)
    We must be blood brothers, mate... That's my blood type too. Again... all the best.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

SOH-CM-2023
    I'm B-ve, but I am assured that it bears no relation to my Leiden factor - Factor 8 is hemophiliac , ie hard to clot, whereas I'm factor 5.
    Apparently factor 5 is regularly the reason for DVT having a 20% increase risk. I'm therefore banned form further long distance flying - even Business or 1st class!
    Keith

oh man Keith, that really sucks! at least you have the joys (if thats the right term) of France... i have a trip to my least favourite place with my least favourite people... no Not Turkey... Docs/Nurses and Hospitals.... i hate them! i hate being a focus of attention is the thing... last time i was in a hospital i lost track of the amount of them i told to "****-off!"

BB686, glad to have you in the AB- group! that only makes 4 people i know who are in that blood-group! :salute:

Take care Matt, a speedy recovery and be careful as eyes can't be replaced and we would hate to loose you. For the hospital; just focus on the nice things there.

Cheers,
    Huub

BTW Nothing wrong with a AB minus as here is an other one!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    After my MI back in 2001, the drug cocktail I'm on keeps me from donating blood any more, either - I've got CMV- blood, which I'm told is much sought after for neo-natal, newborn and infant surgery.

Stay on top of this. Listen carefully to what the drs say, and DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH regarding what they're talking about prescribing for you, before you accept it. Make certain you know everything there is to know, good and bad, about the meds before you get put on them. That being said, I wish you speedy control of the problem and its eradication! We look forward to you being a part of this forum, and expect to see you here for a long time to come.

wahey there's 5! yeah i've been doing my research, on the plus side it's non-invasive surgery... ie. not getting a scalpel to yer head all can be done via injection from what they said... good job i kinda like that jolt of pain from a needle... always fun to watch it break through the skin too, fascinating how tough the skin layers are...

hopefully though as i say as long as they don't keep me too long, and they don't mind me disappearing every 30mins for a smoke all will be A-OK! my move to Greece is October as i say and i ain't shifting that back to compensate for R'n'R from a little needle or however many they decide to jab me with might actually sort my headaches out being able to focus properly again and not having to strain with my left eye to see details which are apparent with my right eye...

still.... 2 weeks till i'm in, so until then i'll try to keep at business as usual, and 2 months till i head out to Greece, annoy Nigel and his Family and get my life back on the tracks... kinda hard to drive a train through gravel...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Mat.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

hey Matt, sorry to hear about your eyes. That's not good, and you only have 2 eyes to use, Take extra care with them, I don't care if you have to take time out from simming and painting textures to recover, your health is far more important. I know it will be a bore and won't be easy when you start getting withdrawal symptoms during that time, but you have to allow your health to make a full and proper recovery, and after that manage your time on the pc better to look after your health. All the best and I wish you a good and speedy recovery Matt.
    Mark

thanks Mark, while i'm waiting i'm just working on a few airfield projects i have going... namely Baxterley/Charity Farm and Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Κω, Ιπποκράτης (Kos Inernational Airport, Hippocrates) the latter Ironically is where modern medicine comes from... Kos, birthplace of Hippocrates, father of modern medicine, whose oath (if i recall) all doctors must swear to... unfortunately i know the oath off by heart (being a Ko-an after all... i know all about my little island, and it is little; 25mi by 5mi at the widest point, and only 2.5mi from Turkish coast, HAF Fighters regularly seen overhead due to being able to lob shells at one another if it ever occured at that range, was also one of the few places in World War Two where 2 'Special Forces' units met each other; the Brandenburgers on the Axis side, and the Special Boat Squadron, the SAS' Wet brothers... unfortunately the SBS got beat, several members swam to neighbouring islands and 'liberated' boats to assist evacuate the British Troops who stayed until they more or less ran out of supplies, they held to the last, a fact which many elder Ko-an's haven't forgot, next to Kos there's a dormant Volcano called Nisyros, and also you know your stone washed jeans you most likely wear? well between Kos and Nisyros is the island Giali, 2nd largest pumace mine globally, and the pumace is used in achieving that worn look in the jeans... i can go on forever about Kos, so i'll end it there...)

few images to wet the whistle? sure thing, Baxterley is in sim working and being worked on trees are Gerrish Greys (Tough landing in a breeze at BAX) it's keeping me busy, along with Miltons Harpoon and IRIS work, juggling the load is tough work though....

Matt,

If it will help, I can find another texture artist for the Harpoon. It's not worth the cost of your health.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

it's fine Milton... i got this besides i need to keep active... i hate not doing anything, my mindset won't let me just stand by and watch :salute:

Hey Matt,

sorry to hear about your eye, be sure to look after it, and don't p!ss the docs and nurses off to much. As I always say, never offend those that make food for you, you may end up with 'extra' ingredients in your lovely restaurant meal that you said was to salty, lol. Same goes for anyone servicing your needs.My wife and I wish you all the best, yup, she's been reading over my shoulder again!!If you need anything, 2nd rate texture wing-man, etc. just holler. I'll find some time for a buddy, no probs (can't promise your no-sleeping regime, but I'll do what I can.

eye-eye cap'n,
    Jamie