Amelia passes

Thread: Amelia passes

Amelia passes

My 19 year old cat Amelia's great heart stopped beating this afternoon.
    She was a beautiful being in every sense.
    jbtate

Condolences. I can relate to losing a loving pet.

--WH

I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost your friend and love one. Do the best you can to persevere and move ahead. We will be with you.

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

My condolences on Amelia's passing. You were blessed to have her as a friend and family member for so long.

She sounds like she was a loving and much loved friend. Deepest sympathies to you. I lost my special friend over a year ago. Still cry. It's great when we have a special bond with a furry friend...but it sure hurts when we lose them. Try to remember the happy, funny times you two had together.

Brian

I'm so sorry to hear that. Our pets are members of the family... I know when our lab passed on, it was utterly awful. I can only hope she didn't suffer.

Loosing a friend is always hard, especially since we have a much purer relationship in a strange way with our furry friends than with other humans.

Charter Member 2016
    Sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like you were both lucky to have each other. She may be in a place now where the mice are slow and the birds fly low. . .
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

I've never been a cat person, in fact I was rather cruel to cats when I was a kid. I bought a small ranch four years ago and living in a RV while I was building my house a tabby kitten appeared from out of the woods. I tried to run it off (still didn't like cats) but it stayed in the woods till the next day. It was starving and I decided to give it the only food I had that a cat would like, bacon. It ate a couple of pieces and short story, he has become my best friend. He is never very far from me unless he's hunting. He rides on the tractor with me, attacks me from every hiding place he can find and is waiting for me every morning by the back door. I don't know what I would do if something happened to him ( he sleeps in the garage at nite because we have wolves ), so I can relate. Tears came to my eyes when I read your post. After that many years it has to be tough.. My heart and prayers are with you....

My condolences on the loss of your fur kid.....it's always a painful thing to go through. 19 years......that kitty had a long and happy life with you....which is good. But 19 years is also bad....because in that length of time, that kitty claimed a sizable chunk of your heart.....and her passing has that chunk of heart hurting right now. Remember the good times, know that you gave her an amazing life, and that she is on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge and will greet you when it is your turn to cross the divide.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

im sorry for your loss,i hope she went peacefully...ill give haley an extra hug in amelia's honor tonight

My heart goes out to you. Loosing a pet hurts very much..........
    We lost a wonderful 10 year old Yorkie 4 months ago and my heart still aches everyday..
    Find the poem"The Rainbow Bridge" on the Internet..........It helps

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Sorry to hear....they truly are four-legged members of the family...

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

i am really sorry of your lost..having lost three dogs of eleven, ten and fourteen years(not at the same time) i can understand exactly how you feel. Think at the good times with her. i have now three cats of two months, the mother leave them on my garden and i have adopted. I had only dogs and now i have discovered the wonderful world of cats. "Often" animals are better than humans.if can help you think at 19 years it's a big time together

Our condolences for the loss of your furry family member. We've always believed there are two kinds of folks, those who have pets and those who are cat & dog people. Several years ago we lost OJ, he was a cool orange and white tabby, five years later we lost Chevy (15 1/2 years), our Shih Tzu. They were like Odie & Garfield. And sometimes it still hurts.
    We now have another Australian Cattle Dog. Animals bring so much into their relationships with humans that is unconditional. Keep all of the happy memories, I too can recommend the Rainbow Bridge.

Take care,
    C2
    Com'n now, we all know that real aircraft have tailhooks.

Appreciative of condolences for Amelia.
    jbtate

Sorry for your loss, it is always hard losing a close and loyal friend.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

The Rainbow Bridge
    By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,

Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
    Where the friends of man and woman do run,
    When their time on earth is over and done.
    For here, between this world and the next,
    Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
    On this golden land, they wait and they play,
    Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
    No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
    For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
    Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
    Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.
    They romp through the grass, without even a care,
    Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
    All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
    Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
    For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
    Together again, both person and pet.
    So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
    The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
    Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
    They embrace with a love that will last forever, And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"