Trim controls

Thread: Trim controls

Trim controls

Hi everyone. I am looking for an external trim control that I can plug in. Specifically rotary dials for elevator, aileron, and rudder trim. Right now, I am using the buttons on my flight stick, but Iam hoping to find or maybe build something with dials. I have seen the Saitek elevator trim wheel, and that would be perfect, but also need something for aileron and rudder. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    Hi everyone. I am looking for an external trim control that I can plug in. Specifically rotary dials for elevator, aileron, and rudder trim. Right now, I am using the buttons on my flight stick, but Iam hoping to find or maybe build something with dials. I have seen the Saitek elevator trim wheel, and that would be perfect, but also need something for aileron and rudder. Any ideas?
    I have that saitek one and it works quite well except you need to move the wheel an awful lot to get a result.

I am sure you don't want to use the cursor but I use a kensington expert mouse trackball. In the VC put the cursor on any circle controller (eg Classics Hangar's Taifun's prop control, A2A's B17 turbo or aileron or rudder device if circular) then spin the ring around the ball.

By the way I use it for all my mouse needs. Once you get used to it you will never go back to a normal mouse (which for me causes RSI).

Thanks P38man. I did think about using a center mouse wheel for the trim(s), but the computer would see it as a mouse and not a flight control. Probably have to use FSUIPC to set everything up. Looks like I might have to build something. The search goes on.

how about CH products yoke with the builtin trimwheels? then add the sieteck cessna wheel to it

Thanks Dave. That is a possibility.