Rise of Flight - Iron Cross download problems

Thread: Rise of Flight - Iron Cross download problems

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Rise of Flight - Iron Cross download problems

Folks I just bought the Rise of Flight sim that was available for 75% or more off, Sunday evening was the last date on which it was available. I opted to pick up the downloadable 3GB version. I've tried to download it twice now, it takes my machine about 9 hours to get to 84% of the download, at which point it saves it from some temp folder into my "E" (main) drive, and at which point the download terminates. Attempting to unzip the archive results in both WinZip and 7Zip saying it's not a valid archive. I've been in touch with PCAviator, whose response so far has been to tell me to check the knowledge base articles. This isn't covered in the knowledge base, and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. Just wanted to let anyone else who is contemplating buying the downloadable sim in the future, the next time it's on sale or whenever, for any reason about this problem.:mixedsmi:

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I too bought the download edition while it was reduced (it seemed to good an offer to pass on), and initially had problems with several connection timeouts when trying to download it.

The solution was to install Internet Download Manager which you can use on a trial basis for a set period of time until you have to buy it, if you so desire to continue using it.

I must say it worked a treat, and downloaded the Rise Of Flight package in just under two hours as opposed to the six or so hours IE said it would take!

Give it ago and let us know how you got on.

[EDIT]

Noticed for some reason the link I posted to Internet Download Manger doesn't work so here it is again:-

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

Cheers

Paul

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, and will give it a go in the AM!:salute: