Configuration File

Thread: Configuration File

Configuration File

I downloaded a new config. file but I don't know which folder in FSX it goes in?? Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamminjames View Post
    I downloaded a new config. file but I don't know which folder in FSX it goes in?? Help!!
    Which (i.e., what name) config file did you download and what operating system are you using?

Bojote's tweaked config. and Windows 7. Added GEX and my fsp took a big hit. Was trying to see if there was anything I could do to improve performance. IF anyone knows of a better one please give link.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Desktop\cbell\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Just replace 'cbell' with your user name.

Bojote's tweaked config. and Windows 7. Added GEX and my fsp took a big hit. Was trying to see if there was anything I could do to improve performance. IF anyone knows of a better one please give link.
    There are many "config" files with FSX. What is the name of the file you're trying to replace? Is it the FSX.CFG file?

Looks like from his post that it's a "tweaked" FSX.cfg file, thus replacing the current one. Personally, that sounds like a disaster in the making. . . .but to be on the safe side, back up the original config file first so you have something to fall back on.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Looks like from his post that it's a "tweaked" FSX.cfg file, thus replacing the current one. Personally, that sounds like a disaster in the making. . . .but to be on the safe side, back up the original config file first so you have something to fall back on.
    You are probably right. I did back up my FSX.cfg file but haven't installed new one yet. Played with settings on my video card and improved performance (fps) slightly. This may be my problem? I'm not a computer guy and really don't know any one who flies FSX to help me. Anyone know the best settings for a Nivida GeForce GTX 285?

I'd recommend reading through this post...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/370594-...guide-for-fsx/
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

My advice - leave well enough alone. For a while, I too was a member of the 'tweak of the month club'. It's all theoretical and, most of it, not valid. I subscibe to Nick N's minimalist views over at SimForums.

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    My advice - leave well enough alone. For a while, I too was a member of the 'tweak of the month club'. It's all theoretical and, most of it, not valid. I subscibe to Nick N's minimalist views over at SimForums.
    Yep, agreed! Nick pretty much tells ya what does work and what doesn't and why. When all else has come and gone, his NVidia settings remain and are the ones I go by consistently.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks for the advice, I am printing Nick's settings now....You guys are a BIG help...