Is A2A working on a GA aircraft?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is A2A working on a GA aircraft?

looks like it hope its something cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    From that gear door, it might be a.... Commander?
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

yeah I thought it was Comanche or Bonanza like the others on Facebook ..dosen't look like a Mooney ....never thought of a Commander but do we need another one?

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    This picture must be the same aircraft?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

I am not so sure about that. That really looks like a modern P-51 cockpit to me. Maybe I'm just crazy... :isadizzy:

Cool...whatever it is... I would love a GA plane from them (that's faster than the Cub)
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Maybe this one:

Piper Comanche.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

This picture must be the same aircraft?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    Could be, although I'm hoping for a modern pit in the P51. But hey, if A2A releases a GA I'll buy it in an instant!
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Maybe this one:

Piper Comanche.
    Believe you're correct. The cowl appears to have parallel piano hinges - vintage piper and, of course, the gear doors. What did it for me was the 'pull to cage' on the AH.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    oops... That looks like the wheel door.. and stripe..
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I hope we will se the new Heidi .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Does any of you guys know what's happening to the A2A F-4 Phantom or the Starfighter?
    Roshane"Python" Samarasekara

Who said Kiwis can't fly?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i5 3570K @ 4.6ghz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | G.Skill 16GB Ares | EVGA Nvidia GTX 660 SC | Coolermaster X6 Heatsink | Corsair C70 Case | Seasonic 620W PSU

As they seem to release on major holidays I am hoping for the StarFighter this Labor Day.

Hey guys,

glad you are enjoying the little hints. We will have a proper A2A Simulations update within a month. In the meantime I can confirm that,...

We are working directly with redbird simulations. If at Oshkosh this year go give them a visit!

'Flying' article; http://www.flyingmag.com/news/redbir...-cub-simulator

We have also been working with Saitek/Madcatz along with Iris and Razbam on the following. Again, if you want to give it a go you can visit there booth at Oshkosh to get some hands on Fun and further details;
    http://www.combatpilotseries.com/

For further news, stay tuned on the A2A Simulations forums and facebook.

cheers,
    Lewis

Thanks Lewis, looking forward to all the upcoming A2A products. Have to say I was a little disappointed when they showed in inside of the Cub simulator and there was no cute human Heidi in there .

Steve

The Redbird Cub Simulator looks like a nice start, but not really accurate until they simulate this feature...

Attachment 69751

yeah I thought it was Comanche or Bonanza like the others on Facebook ..dosen't look like a Mooney ....never thought of a Commander but do we need another one?
    i love the single engine commander. would be saving my pennies.

i havent read the whole thread but i dont think it is a commander. no left pilot door.

Let's hope not....

....it will delay the "inevitable" (I sure hope!!!) B-29 and/or B-50 and/or B-36B (only 'cause you apparently can't do hybrid jet/prop engine combos in FSX...but if can, please gimme a B-36D, F or J!!!!), dammit!!!

B-17 - BRILLIANT!!!!

P-51D - UBER-BRILLIANT!!!!

K

"A2A - Raising the bar SO high that they capture 100% of the OCD Flight Sim market" (Like me!)

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ...only 'cause you apparently can't do hybrid jet/prop engine combos in FSX...
    Accu-sim engine can indeed do this. But we have no plans to use it just yet

Well, A2A working on an Accusim GA bird would be quite great indeed. I've been waiting for an Accusim GA plane to use over OrbX sceneries (and other sceneries suitable for low altitude flights) for ages. However, to me A2A is synonym of vintage aircrafts, and a Piper Commanche is not so vintage to my eyes :/

A Comanche would be most excellent. I am partial to it because I got my high performance signoff and about 20hrs in a 1960 Comanche 250. It cruises about 180 mph and has good range. It has a real solid feel to the controls but can yank and bank pretty well too for sightseeing. It isn't as 'vintage' compared to A2A's lineup thus far but it is fairly vintage compared to modern GA standards...first flight was 1956 with production run to 1972. The one I flew had a refurbished panel with the standard six pack but many Comanches have old pre standardized instrument panels. The Lycoming O-540 is a good solid engine, very reliable.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A2A Simulations Forms Sister Company Aviation Review

Camarillo, CA USA - August 3, 2012: A2A Simulations forms sister company, Aviation Review, and purchases a corporate aircraft.

With Accu-Sim's increasing use in professional flight simulations, A2A has decided to use their experience and open the doors to a brand new general aviation company, "Aviation Review." Aviation Review's primary purpose is to test fly various aircraft in the industry and deliver in-depth, informative reports to aircraft owners around the globe. Aviation Review will also serve as a professional, hands-on flight test resource for A2A Simulations existing and future products. Aviation Review now owns and operates a high performance Piper Comanche 250.

"After several weeks of pretty intense research, the Piper Comanche 250 was chosen for its high altitude, speed, long range, and load carrying capacity. It's an honest aircraft with no vices. It's also very nice to be back into aircraft ownership again," said Scott Gentile of A2A Simulations Inc.

"There has been a growing wave of demand for Accu-Sim in the aviation industry. We think this is happening because Accu-Sim gives real aviators tools they simply have not previously had access too. Accu-Sim simulates well beyond how an aircraft flies, deep into the internal systems including how they interact with each other. This interaction is critical for proper procedures and safety in real-world operations. Accu-Sim offers a plethora of benefits to almost every aspect of operating and managing both modern and vintage aircraft today," said Lewis Bloomfield of A2A Simulations Inc.

by Nels_Anderson

Published on 08-03-2012 11:47 PM

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Icon5

Heres the official release link;
    http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=96&t=31146

Images;

Its very exciting and directly linked to other news that has either recently been announced or is coming soon

cheers,
    Lewis
    :ernae:

Alright... so, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get banned for asking this but... I'm finding this Aviation Review thing a bit unclear. Is it the intent of "Aviation Review" to rate and review A2A's as well as other products in the FS world? Or rate and review real aircraft?

If it's FS products, I'm truly wondering how you intend to be unbiased about other dev's stuff when you are devs yourselves... with all the bias that might bring. (no need to be specific about who or what you might be biased against or, as the case may be... for). It seems to me to be a bit... difficult to be objective when you're in the game as well... Kind of like those sites that review only products that are for sale on their sites... no?

If I get flamed or banned for this... so be it but, I think it's a valid question... Especially as I am one of those...er... devs...

A clean, clear and concise response is all I am looking for. No war... no battle.

Colin.

Members who have read this thread: 114