... and to the Republic for Which We Stand ... - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: ... and to the Republic for Which We Stand ...

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Heading for the Delaware/Maryland beaches today. :-)
    Meanwhile back at the dispersal... In Denver, Colorado, there's 3 inches of snow on the ground, and it's the bloody MIDDLE OF MAY!!!! Go figure....

Hope you're having a good time, Chief. Enjoy the nice weather and like the man says..."Stay Safe".

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Meanwhile, we have been enjoying the drive and scenery through Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee Great Smoky Mountains, Virginia Shenandoah Valley, West Virginia Harper's Ferry, Maryland, and Pennsylvania now in Amish country, Lancaster County.
    Hi Milton,

So glad to hear that your vacation is going well. You were just a stones throw from my home town of Spring City Pa. Pennsylvania is a beautiful state is it not?

How many horse drawn buggies did you see and pass going through amish country? Did you take Rt.30 through lancaster? Also, did you happen to stop and eat at a place called "The Shady Maple "? ,,,, Super Good Food There!

Glad to hear your safe and having a great time Sir.

Dwayne
    "May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars" Cheers George!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Hi Milton,

So glad to hear that your vacation is going well. You were just a stones throw from my home town of Spring City Pa. Pennsylvania is a beautiful state is it not?

How many horse drawn buggies did you see and pass going through amish country? Did you take Rt.30 through lancaster? Also, did you happen to stop and eat at a place called "The Shady Maple "? ,,,, Super Good Food There!

Glad to hear your safe and having a great time Sir.

Dwayne
    Hi Dwayne, yes, it is beautiful; after visiting the Shenandoah valley of VA and Harper's Ferry WVA, we traveled Rt 30 through and East of Lancaster; no, we did not eat at the Shady Maple but would have if we had known about it. We explored the areas or East Lancaster, Bird in Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, Strasburg, Buck, and all the back roads in between enjoying the farms and country side. Yes, we saw lots of Amish in the fields, on the roads, and visited one farm property that had a quilting store in Intercourse. It is a beautiful area and we thoroughly enjoyed the visit.

Visiting with family members now thru Saturday, then Sunday we begin our return trip to NM.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    Thanks; actually we have had perfect weather every day since we departed NM. Heading for the Delaware/Maryland beaches today. :-)
    Uncle Milton,

If I would've known you were passing through Delaware, we could have met up and had a coffee and a chat Enjoy your vacation and safe journey throughout the rest of your drive

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    Uncle Milton,

If I would've known you were passing through Delaware, we could have met up and had a coffee and a chat Enjoy your vacation and safe journey throughout the rest of your drive
    Thanks George. We actually avoided the more traveled areas and drove south through Elkton and down thru rural MD thru the farms and fields for a slow relaxing drive. Stopped at the Georgetown Yacht Club for a few pictures then down/over to Greenwood DE and then to Ocean City MD.

Thanks for getting the Dash 7 Native FSX released :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Mr. Shupe:

What's your route of travel heading home ? You taking the 'southern' route - anywhere close to Pensacola ?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    Mr. Shupe:

What's your route of travel heading home ? You taking the 'southern' route - anywhere close to Pensacola ?

Bill
    Hi Bill; long time-no speak :-)

No, we will be heading south to Norfolk VA, then east to pick up I-85, then I-40, I-30, to I-20.

After 2 weeks, it will be a B-line to NM :-)

Will catch you maybe on TS when I return.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton Shupe;885506 Hi Bill; long time-no speak :-)

No, we will be heading south to Norfolk VA, then east to pick up I-85, then I-40, I-30, to I-20.
    I was just curious - if you got close enough I was gonna try and meet up with ya for a coffee !!

After 2 weeks, it will be a B-line to NM :-)
    I can certainly understand that.. It's nice to get away etc but after a while, all of a sudden you get the urge to 'get back home' !! lol

Will catch you maybe on TS when I return.
    Look forward to it.. You all have a safe trip back and glad to hear your having a great vacation..

Bill

Hi Milton,

I have a question for ya.. In your opinion, so far, what state has the best and what state has the worst roads?

I think Pennsylvania has some of 'if not the worst' roads around.

May all your lights be GREEN!

Dwayne
    "May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars" Cheers George!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Hi Milton,

I have a question for ya.. In your opinion, so far, what state has the best and what state has the worst roads?

I think Pennsylvania has some of 'if not the worst' roads around.

May all your lights be GREEN!

Dwayne
    Dwayne, we mainly traveled Interstates except from Winchester VA to Harper's Ferry WV to Lancaster PA so it would not be a fair assessment.

Furthermore, PA has a wider range of temperatures than do the southern states so that would be an unfair assessment.

Other than downtown Lancaster, roads were good for us everywhere.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Thanks George. We actually avoided the more traveled areas and drove south through Elkton and down thru rural MD thru the farms and fields for a slow relaxing drive. Stopped at the Georgetown Yacht Club for a few pictures then down/over to Greenwood DE and then to Ocean City MD.

Thanks for getting the Dash 7 Native FSX released :-)
    Elkton is only about 20 minutes from my house. Ah well, maybe next time you come through

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Great way to travel. Just love the small towns and back roads.

Enjoy your travels!

Regards Tom

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Great way to travel. Just love the small towns and back roads.

Enjoy your travels!

Regards Tom
    Thank you Tom. Yes we invested considerable time traveling secondary roads especially in VA, PA, MD, and DE. Relaxing, scenic, and worthwhile.

Back home now, trying to recover from 17 days on the road getting the house, car, clothes, etc. back in order. :-)

Very nice trip but it's great to be home.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Welcome home Milton Glad you had a very nice trip and a safe one.

Jim, from the west side of NM

Thank you Tom. Yes we invested considerable time traveling secondary roads especially in VA, PA, MD, and DE. Relaxing, scenic, and worthwhile.

Back home now, trying to recover from 17 days on the road getting the house, car, clothes, etc. back in order. :-)

Very nice trip but it's great to be home.

Just curious and a bit nosey, what was your gas bill for this tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Just curious and a bit nosey, what was your gas bill for this tour?
    Total trip = 4266 miles

Average fuel economy = 22 MPG

Fuel Consumed = 194 gallons

Average fuel cost = 3.50

Fuel cost = $679
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Total trip = 4266 miles

Average fuel economy = 22 MPG

Fuel Consumed = 194 gallons

Average fuel cost = 3.50

Fuel cost = $679
    Not bad when you compare it to air fares. I'm sure you got to see a lot of what this country used to be by driving the back roads.

Serious Beta Testers Wanted

If you are interested in, and have time to do thorough testing and reporting, contact me via PM.

Subject matter are the XP47H, the XP72, and the XP47J.

Beta 1 is packaged and ready.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Let me be the first to step up to the plate, Milton. ( I didn't see any immediate responses )... Since I have some considerable time in the A2A XP-74, I feel qualified to test her as the first order of biz. Going to have to go off of what I have read in my docs about the other two beasties... but it'll be fun to "wring em' out" for ya. PM Sent.

BB686 <-- Oiy, Nigel... Nah nah ni, nah nah....

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Let me be the first to step up to the plate, Milton. ( I didn't see any immediate responses )... Since I have some considerable time in the A2A XP-74, I feel qualified to test her as the first order of biz. Going to have to go off of what I have read in my docs about the other two beasties... but it'll be fun to "wring em' out" for ya. PM Sent.

LOL Actually you are the second but that's okay. :-)

Sent appropriate "stuff" via Email.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

BTW, these betas also need FSX testing. FSX mod textures are included. So you FSX only interested lurkers, do not be shy. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks to those who stepped up to help with beta testing. Testing is still in progress but almost done. The FS9 side results were pretty good but the FSX port over testing showed more FSX anomalies than package issues for us. Meaning there were some FSX testers who had specific issues while others did not, or an FSX issue was present but the issue was not present in P3D. Interesting.

Changes should be completed by Friday so maybe we can get a "round 2" beta out late this weekend. I will be out of town Friday and Saturday.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post

on behalf of Nigel....... "Yoink!"

she looks a beauty Milton, really a stunning machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post

Thank you; Looks and beauty credits go to Duckie and Nigel, Matt. The artistry is amazing to me.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post

BUGGAR!!!

BB686