Oz And Beyond! - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz And Beyond!

Fairly nice flight from YESP to YPPH with the exception of a little unstable air. Kind of rock and roll time for us in the F-89. Nearing Perth, and during our descent the weather was clear, and the next thing it started to show a little fog or overcast. Landed in a little light rain, but by the time we got to parking it was raining hard and the vis was 1/8 of a mile. Heck, keep forgetting it's winter down here! Note pictures.

Taco

These shots are fun to follow. I'm particularly impressed with your trading planes.

Whose f-89 is that you're flying?

Hi KellyB,

The F-89 is from Virtavia/alphasim. It's payware.

jim

Ok, thanks. My birthday is coming up........

Fun filled flight to Perth. As you can see, the weather turned a bit stinko just before landing, which is normal for us! I like this Martin version of the Canbera.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

The original plan called for us to stop at Geraldton after leaving Perth, but we decided to fly on up to Shark Bay. We did buzz the field at Geraldton however. It was a pretty good flight although I did land a bit hard at Shark Bay and ended up bouncing down the runway like a rabid kangaroo. Fortunately the damage to the mains was fixed easy enough.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

:salute: Howdy,

Well shucks, my part of the flight started out just great, and then, had a weather change and fable netstorms knocked me off the web and locked up me bloody computer.

The flight up to Shark Bay was just fine, with the exception of the above, learned a lot of information about Shark Bay from M which was very interesting to say the least. One neat thing about Flight 19 we always seem to learn something new about the places we fly!

We left Shark Bay heading on up the coast to Learmouth. I set it up as an dawn flight. Had a good time and made a lot better landing than the one yesterday.

Got one pretty good shot of the VC.

Nice flight to YPPD. There was a little bit of a crosswind there and I had to crab the 262 in. Brought it in at an angle to the runway as I couldn't seem to get properly lined up and just as I got over the runway at couple of feet, I kicked in some rudder to straighten it out with the runway and set it down on the mains. Just luck really as I was expecting the wheels to fold up under me. Sometimes, a blind hog does find an acorn.

Hey there!

Very neat flight with the exception of a netstorm that hit me on final! I really thought that we made a wrong turn somewhere along the junket, to me it looked like we were in Kansas, the landscape is flatter than a pancake! Oh well, it won't be long and I will be complanining about something else, maybe the jungle! It may look like we maybe needing a tanker soon.

A couple of shots leaving RAAF Learmonth and then approaching hazy Port Hedland International. En route, we passed over Dampier--of "Red Dog" fame.
    -Mike

Only got one pic and that was the approach into Broome. Broome is fairly deserted in FS9. But for our next leg, there's sure going to be a lot of water.....

Hey fellows!

Look what I found up around 32,000 ft. We were doing a test flight with the Scorpion, and low and behold here this big bugger shows up. The pilots were pretty friendly, but I couldn't talk them into sticking around for a few hours to do some refueling practice with Flight 19! I guess they were off to an undisclosed destination. You know, that secert Air Force type poop.

Taco and Dudley

We put Oz behind us and headed northish to Waingapu Indonesia. A longish overwater flight, but a good test of our aircraft's range. Great flight all the way around.

Howdy all,

A very nice flight from the land of OZ to original spear chucking country. Evidently, these folk play a game on horses where they throw real sharp spears at each other! Something to do with a ritual thats been going on for many a year. Do I want to get involved, Huh! I maybe crazy, but I ain't stupid!

Taco with green chili!

Nice flight to Bali from Waingapu. Even if I did manage to go poof when I disengaged the brain and engaged the autopilot while inverted.

Finally got some revenge on that pesky Luftwaffe driver!

Just a few snaps from last nights flight.

We had a nice flight to Semarang flying low over the volcanos. Good thing MM mentioned that we shouldn't fly into the plumes. That could have voided our warranties.

The more I fly this Me 262 from Flight Replicas, the more I like it.

We bypassed Jakarta going to the Strait of Sundra to overfly Krakatoa. While there's a small group of islands there, the small middle one is all that's left of the original Krakatoa that blew up in 1883.

Got in some more inverted time.

Had to send the 262 back to Messerschmitt for some warranty work and for a new set of engines from Junkers.

Attachment 70977

I got this loaner from the Luftwaffe until it gets back.

We flew over a bunch more volcanos that fortunately weren't angry.

Attachment 71006

I had to slow down a long ways out because the 162 doesn't have much in the way of stuff to slow it down until you get below 200kts..

Attachment 71007

But we safely made it into WIMG

Attachment 71008

A couple of shots from WIMG.

Attachment 71040
    Attachment 71041

Cleaned the 162 up a bit.

Attachment 71042

On approach into Penang

Attachment 71043

On final, going between the trees

Attachment 71044

Parked on the Penang ramp

Attachment 71045

Gear down indicator :d

Attachment 71046

What a mess tonight. Taco, Falcon409 and I took off for VTSE. Not long into the flight netstorms took out T so Falcon and I went on into Thailand. First of the 162 doesn't want to slow down for much of anything. I made a couple attempts at short final and kept being about 50kts faster than I needed to be to land. So I kept pulling up and going around. The last one, I didn't throttle up as much as I had been and while I was looking for the rwy to line up again, the 162 fell out of the sky. Nothing that a little Elmer's wood glue and duct tape cant fix though....

Members who have read this thread: 32