Killing some time...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killing some time...

Killing some time...

killing time while i wait for some tweaks for the IRIS work i'm doing... decided to paint the 2011 demo Hawk and follow it up with the 2012 100sqn 'Bomber command' scheme, heres the latest on the former.... me and Hawks....

Very Nice, Matt. I always thought the Hawk looked good in a black scheme, even with a splash of colour on top.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

1 down, 1 to go....

Matt,

yes please!! As you know a favourite of mine. Funnily enough have been rebuilding the AFCAD at Valley so my MAIW Hawks park in a more organized fashion.

Looking the cat's meow!!
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Very Nice, Matt. I always thought the Hawk looked good in a black scheme, even with a splash of colour on top.

Agreed.

cheers guys, am currently clearing out my room prior to renovating it... well by renovate i mean redecorate... at the moment my walls have a few scars on them where i've lost my cool and put fist dents into them etc... new wooden flooring has been ordered to replace carpet in an attempt to cool this room... for perspective my room/office where i do my work is only 4m by 2.8m... with my desk, chest of drawers, wardrobe and bed in there definitely isn't room to swing a cat... hell my bed is my desk chair, which is partly why i can rarely sleep well, even turned off in the night i roll over and thanks to the street-lamps outside i see it and think 'sod it' and set back to work, even now i'm fast approaching the 24h awake mark once more, only things keeping me (relatively) sane are my music and the odd message from another of my close friends...

Stunning work Matt
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

thanks Milton... could be a short while before i'm back in my paint booth, due to decorating and IRIS work... IRIS work is my 'Greece fund', simplified thats save the funds then go scare the bejeezus out of Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    IRIS work is my 'Greece fund', simplified thats save the funds then go scare the bejeezus out of Nigel
    LOL!!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    thanks Milton... could be a short while before i'm back in my paint booth, due to decorating and IRIS work... IRIS work is my 'Greece fund', simplified thats save the funds then go scare the bejeezus out of Nigel
    Are you tabbing it down, or do I expect a nocturnal Chinook Drop-off!

Either way, I'll have you on yer chinstap Squaddy!

Now...let me see...I need about 20 m of good sturdy rope, put my wife and daughter on nocturnal stag duty and get Granny busy with the Claymores.

Oh, and a nice big juicy Harpoon!

Yep! That'll do the trick!

COME AND GET ME!!!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

cakewalk Nigel, absolute cakewalk

i'll send in the HAF Tooms to keep your heads down and tab it in, keeping the remainder classified, suffice to say your 'guards' will not even notice i've slipped past 'em

harpoon might be a threat... a very big threat.... Phantom might have trouble dealing with it... especially if it keeps slow.... darn it.... op scrubbed, need more int

anyhows, glad to see ya back posting a bit more regular after your recent issues :salute:

"Matt and Nigel's Flying Follies"... Have you blokes ever considered the money you could make if you sold tickets to an event like this? Crikey, I'd pay to see a night-op like that.... Especially from what it sounds like Nigel has in store for the ready. I'd steer clear of that big ol' fat Harpoon.. That thing has more bristling out of it, and hanging off of it...prolly more than a match for whatever you plan to throw at it, Tiger.

yeah that Harpoon has a whole heap of nasty bristling from it... what do i have by comparison... a thermos of tea, cold ration packs, a patrol backpack with a few bits and bobs in and a pointy stick.... *queue MacGyver theme*

Well, mate... Nigel's got Granny stacking Claymores, prolly be his undoing.... along with the wife and daughter pulling night watch.... (que "Charlie's Angels" theme). His only chance is the Harpoon at this point, sans the 20m of rope.

Blog Entries

Wish you were here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Well, mate... Nigel's got Granny stacking Claymores, prolly be his undoing.... along with the wife and daughter pulling night watch.... (que "Charlie's Angels" theme). His only chance is the Harpoon at this point, sans the 20m of rope.

Granny's claymores, stags on the surrounding hills - a convenient sideshow.

Purely a convenient smokescreen!

Harpoon and rope are everything.

By the time young Matt arrives, I'll have the Avia 57 and Dash-7 boxed up and shipped to the Chief.

That means I'll be up to m' elbows in grease around those R- 2800's for the Harpoon and savouring every moment of it.
    So BB686:USA-flag:, all those shipping mines you filled with ouzo will have to be stored out of the little bugger's reach.

The plan is to bind him down with the 20m of rope and make him sit through the full development of the Harpoon soundset!
    I mean every second, every edit, every test!

And in any case, he won't be very busy cos he'll have well and truly finshed the half dozen or so textures for the same aircraft!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnzaykWhlXs

So, if we plan things right and pin down the little blighter down, we'll have the makings of an excellent 'vintage' of ouzo for the coming winter, with plenty to share around the 'House' on special occasions.

Really BB686, its a pity more of the gang won't be here to enjoy the fun...the thoughts there, though!
    To you and each and every SOH member...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldXFxtqKGmU

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

shipping mines filled with ouzo? *starts constructing a plan*

...well now IRIS work is done i'm back to the Harpoon! time to queue the music... i think starting with 'Who pays the ferryman'!

...here we go! *makes a runner for his paint shed* < someone turn that bally idiot around, he's headed in the wrong direction!

Blog Entries
    shipping mines filled with ouzo? *starts constructing a plan*

...well now IRIS work is done i'm back to the Harpoon! time to queue the music... i think starting with 'Who pays the ferryman'!

...here we go! *makes a runner for his paint shed* < someone turn that bally idiot around, he's headed in the wrong direction!

Greece is this way Squaddie!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> H A R P O O N

hey BB686!
    Plan seems to be working already!

Now, Quick! Throw me the rope! :ques:

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

yup Greece is forwards... about 2 months or just over in fact get constructing those defenses

just re-opened my Harpoon masters and am waiting for the cockpit mapping

Blog Entries

A Free Spit with every Harpoon!

anyone know where we can get this freeware Spit?
    i have the JF spits, and love flying the Vb on Floats, what do you expect? they were designed for operations from Greek Island ports, to harass German Shipping, one of my friends on Kos (he's in his 90's) can remember the RAF Officers having a look at the Harbour in Kos Town and down in Kardamena, this was around the time the Germans invaded if i recall, the RAF had Spitfires based on the salt lake and at nearby LGKO (well it is nearby, the entire island is small)... defending these RAF Assets at the time there were the regular infantry and the SBS (Special Boat Squadron, the SAS' lesser known-about brothers)
    back to spit... it'd be good to get a fair few of us online for a flight in warbirds, i'll bring BrunoSK's Mossie as me and that thing are inseperable, as are me and mossies in general actually.... the JF ones are fantastic, as is their Lanc, the spitfires are nice... anyways, yeah... alert chain home we're planning a scramble, and let's hope we don't have to rely on 'Darky and Sandra' if it turns to night
    So its a free Spit you're after is it Squaddie?

Love flyin' on floats do ya...???...(the mind boggles)...I'll bet you do!

The rope! The ROPE!!! someone!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    yup Greece is forwards... about 2 months or just over in fact get constructing those defenses

just re-opened my Harpoon masters and am waiting for the cockpit mapping
    Check your e-mail sunshine, the Chief has been busy!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

i'm not seeing anything buddy.... guess i'll have to be patient and wait

Blog Entries
    I forwarded it (22.3MB) to you 3 hours ago - Send me an e-mail to make sure I have your current address buddy.:salute:

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

i received that... but bally file wouldn't open/display..... typical tech

Blog Entries
    Ouch!

Oh well, I'm sure Milton will sort out the situation.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

in the mean time i'm enjoying a flight in the JF Lancaster.... with the 22,000lb 'Grand Slam' hanging below the airframe, here's a game changer for your defenses

unless..... *changes heading for Turkey* what? what do you expect from an anglo-greek