Request permission to come aboard.

Thread: Request permission to come aboard.

Request permission to come aboard.

Good evening (PST anyway) everyone. Figured I've been lurking long enough and should at least join up, although I'm pretty sure the community standing will probably take a ratings hit. Retired U.S. Navy Senior Chief, been interested in aviation my entire life. Although now I'm pretty much regulated to M$ flight sims, IL2, LockOn, DCS series, etc... Interests run to military and aviation history (especially Naval Aviation), a good sci-fi or spy novel. Man, I kinda miss the 'Cold War' for that very reason, a lot of great spy novels/movies came out of that era. Looking forward to talking to folks.

I would like to give a big thank you to Milton Shupe for the Grumman "Ironworks" 7. Lots of good memories came back flying the virtual skies in the C-1A. Man, I really miss the sound of those big radials. Music to my ears. Takes me back a little bit. Was a C-1A Plane Captain/Loadmaster and a C-2A Loadmaster back in the late 70's to early 80's.

Take care,
    C2

Welcome aboard! We've got enough Chiefs on here to rate our own goat locker .

Willy
    ENC(SW) Ret.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Thanks for the welcome aboard.

Dunno Willy, put enough CPO's in one spot they might think it's a coup. Besides, COMNAVAIRPAC, NAS Backyard says she really knows what goes on in the goat locker, told her I hadn't the slightest idea what she was on about. (She mumbled something about 'fine' as she walked off.)
    Com'n now, we all know that real aircraft have tailhooks.

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Never can have too much Navy. Welcome aboard!! :salute:
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Hello C2

Spent a few weekends working on Grumblies (Trackers) for a Museum, although I was normally rotary wing at the time, always miss that music !!!!!!

Regards, Seagull V

Another old Navy hand--!955-1959

C2Aaircrew-small world. Flew aircrew on S2F-1 VS-23 from 11-1955 to April 1957., Uss Boxer. Went to far east 5-1956, Came back Jan, 1957 and was stationed at NAS Los Alamitos. Left there and went to ATU 604 NAS Hutchison, Kansas. They closed the base in 1958 and we were transfered to ATU 611 in Corpus Christy, Texas. Both units flew S2f's. Am interested in CFS2. Have all 3 Combat Sims + FS9. Am interested in multiplayer. It'll be nice flying with you guys. Stoof (Richard Sapp)

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome aboard youre in the Navy NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
    C2Aaircrew-small world. Flew aircrew on S2F-1 VS-23 from 11-1955 to April 1957., Uss Boxer. Went to far east 5-1956, Came back Jan, 1957 and was stationed at NAS Los Alamitos. Left there and went to ATU 604 NAS Hutchison, Kansas. They closed the base in 1958 and we were transfered to ATU 611 in Corpus Christy, Texas. Both units flew S2f's. Am interested in CFS2. Have all 3 Combat Sims + FS9. Am interested in multiplayer. It'll be nice flying with you guys. Stoof (Richard Sapp)
    WELCOME ABORDon my tab take a seat, please excusemy typing[as i hopeevery everyonedoes make the gentleman welcomeLADS;&LASSES
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!