Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next from Flight Replicas: Me-262 Special Edition

Great, looking forward to it
    Mike

Nice gesture Mike!

Huub

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    In 1945, Me-262á got a regulator that enabled the pilot to put the throttle anywhere he wanted, and then the regulator would automatically adjust the power in such a way as to prevent flame-outs etc. So the limitations of the engines remained, but there was less chance of the pilot exceeding them. Will this be modelled in your plane, Mike?

I too already have the 262 so this comes as an exciting annoucement. Many thanks , its appreciated ! Looking forward to it.

...also curious about the other projects . I hope the will be of similar ilk to the Boomerang, Me 109
    ...any clues ?..will it be military ? ...

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJames170 View Post
    if u make it up in a flght in is let us know how i feels compired to mikes new one.
    Unfortunately there is no flying of the Me-262 for us volunteers. Gerry is very kind to all of us, and the museum is a great place to be. However there are liabilities and such that need to be taken in to account, and as such we are not normally allowed to go up on flights... If we go on a flight it is usually in the Dragon Rapide, Stearman, B-17, or stuff like that. A big deal by any measure, but certaintly not the Me-262 or P-51 if you will.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I didnt know you could improve the 262 package! The first one blew my mind. Awesome work, Mike!

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Attachment 69208

The Rare versions are quite excellent and unique in flight sim!

Nice Screen dvj don't think i need all the variants , think the single Me-262 should suit me at the mo <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Blog Entries
    I've owned your me-262 since its first release for fs9, but gotta admit, i didnt buy the fsx version. guess i always thought i'd just update the textures as needed since the original 262 was a fantastic plane to fly.. So, being as i am one of those who dont qualify ( couldnt anyway as my os and email stuff has changed since thwen and all that information was lost ) i guess my question would be; how much will be charged normally??
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I've owned your me-262 since its first release for fs9, but gotta admit, i didnt buy the fsx version. guess i always thought i'd just update the textures as needed since the original 262 was a fantastic plane to fly.. So, being as i am one of those who dont qualify ( couldnt anyway as my os and email stuff has changed since thwen and all that information was lost ) i guess my question would be; how much will be charged normally??
    Pam
    I don't know yet, Pam. We're not that far along with the release right now.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    In 1945, Me-262á got a regulator that enabled the pilot to put the throttle anywhere he wanted, and then the regulator would automatically adjust the power in such a way as to prevent flame-outs etc. So the limitations of the engines remained, but there was less chance of the pilot exceeding them. Will this be modelled in your plane, Mike?
    What Warwick (Wozza) did was match the throttle movement speeds in the official Messerschmitt training film, coupled with some known rpm thresholds. Whether this film depicted an early or late fuel system, I do not know.

By the way, did I mention that the throttle management gauges have been made seperate (i.e. are in the Gauge folder, and not incorporated into the model), so that you will be able to retrofit all the earlier Flight Replicas 262 packages? (Only this throttle aspect, however, all the other upgrades remain unique to the Special Edition.)

Flight dynamics, too.

Mike

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    All clear, Mike. What a clever way to extract information! And excellent news that the throttle gauges can be retrofitted! I’ll certainly do it with the nightfighter!<o></o>
    What do you mean by ‘flight dynamics too’? Are they, too, unique for the new package or can they, too, be retrofitted?

What do you mean by ‘flight dynamics too’? Are they, too, unique for the new package or can they, too, be retrofitted?
    Yes, flight dynamics can be retrofitted. Users will just have to copy and paste the .air and .aircraft.cfg files from the new Me-262, and then copy over and update the [fltsim.xx] entries in the aircraft.cfg to include the older paint schemes.

Mike

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    What more can we ask for? Thanks for the information, Mike.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello Mike, any news on this wonderful 'new' bird?

Hello Mike, any news on this wonderful 'new' bird?
    It's really just a matter of finding the time to finish up the package. Bernt and I have both been busy, and with other projects that have had a higher priority. But if you check the Flight Replicas home page, you'll see it's now at the top of the list, now that the FSX 109K and P-51/Bf-109K packages are out of the way. I think there's a three-day weekend coming up here soon, and that should give me some much needed extended development time.

Mike

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    It's really just a matter of finding the time to finish up the package. Bernt and I have both been busy, and with other projects that have had a higher priority. But if you check the Flight Replicas home page, you'll see it's now at the top of the list, now that the FSX 109K and P-51/Bf-109K packages are out of the way. I think there's a three-day weekend coming up here soon, and that should give me some much needed extended development time.

Mike
    Can't wait! I wish Flight Replicas would adopt me! I don't eat much but I do spend a lot of time simm-flying!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Sitting here wondering - will it be cheaper to buy the original and be eligible for the free upgrade or to simply buy the upgrade?

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Top of the list! Great! Thanks, Mike.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Sitting here wondering - will it be cheaper to buy the original and be eligible for the free upgrade or to simply buy the upgrade?
    I guess it depends on what models you want; the new version is a single-seat only, if you buy the pack now you'll get a twinseater too, and if you buy the boxset you get all the variations (Recon, anti-tankgun and nightfighter). The upgraded version will still be the single-seat only though.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.