There For The Asking (from Ito-San)

Thread: There For The Asking (from Ito-San)

SOH-CM-2024

There For The Asking (from Ito-San)

Greetings all,

I don't know how many people picked up on this paragraph in the readme file for Ito-San's Fokker DXXIII...

By the way, recently....I made Messerschmitt Bf109G6.
    My "Gustav" for myself by myself.
    Model is Finnish Air force MT-423 in Finland front.
    I don't open this to the public.
    If....If you want use this "Gustav", Please give me a e-mail.
    I will be send this to you.

I got it and I think it's right up there with the best work that he's ever done- exterior, VC, and FDE. He painted it in Finnish colors- here it is right out of the box:
    Attachment 68865

His original package offered 3 model options- clean, centerline tank only, and tank/gun pods. at my request, he also made and sent me a gun-pods-only version.

I liked it so much I started repainting it- Ito offered it in a non-Luftwaffe skin, which gave me the idea to do some more non-Luftwaffe:
    Attachment 68866Attachment 68867

I also found some Luftwaffe liveries that I couldn't resist trying:
    Attachment 68868Attachment 68869

As usual, there's room to tweak- editing the VC resolution to 1024, and editing the aircraft.cfg to give it some zip- I plugged in engine data that I got from another 109G-6(his seemed, for lack of a better description, de-tuned) and adding a flight tuning section so I could increase its responsiveness a little. That's all I had to do for it to fly as nice as any other 109G out there- I compared flying the tweaked FDE to those from a 1% CFS2 Bf-109G-6, AvHistory CFS3 Bf-109G-6, and a FDE set made by Jerry Beckwith for the stock CFS3 Bf-109G-6, and there was little to choose. I added a Banana Bob prop(big surprise there), and am currently using a 109 sound pack by Aaron Swindle (of course, there are lots of nice 109 sounds to choose from).

I'll jump off of my soapbox now... I just had to make sure that this bird didn't get overlooked. I hope Ito-San knows just how much his work is appreciated by many of us! I think he should release it- and I told him so...

-Mike Z.

Its a nice test to see whether people really read your readme files

I agree he should release it.

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2024
    Ha! I hadn't thought about it, but you're absolutely right, Huub! An excellent test! Sort of like looking for the prize on the bottom of the soda bottle cap...

- Mike Z.

I too had email Mr. Ito and he was kind enough to email his 109. I enjoy it a lot. I think I may need to email him again to see if he would share the gun pod only model with me.

Thanks,

T.

I sent Mr. Ito an e-mail. Firstly I thanked him for all of the wonderful aircraft/spacecraft and such that he has freely shared with the simming community. Secondly, I let him know that I was greatly relieved to see that he was alive and well following the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster. And thirdly, I asked for a copy of his 109.

Man, that is one sharp 109. Mr. Ito's modeling skills have always impressed me.....even on his older birds that do not have VCs. And his VC development has really improved greatly in a short period of time.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You're right Mike, it's a wonderful aircraft!

Cees

SOH-CM-2024

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the response so far-

I don't know how many of you had checked this plane out before I started this thread, but as I said before, no way could I let this slip under anyone's radar... It's just too nice to go unnoticed...

I'll be glad to upload the repaints I've done for it, if anyone's interested...

- Mike Z.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    SSI01 has the aircraft, and is interested in the repaints if you are so inclined . . .

Yes, please...

Quote Originally Posted by mikezola View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the response so far-

I don't know how many of you had checked this plane out before I started this thread, but as I said before, no way could I let this slip under anyone's radar... It's just too nice to go unnoticed...

I'll be glad to upload the repaints I've done for it, if anyone's interested...

- Mike Z.

Mike, I'm very interested in the repaints you did sir.....

SOH-CM-2024
    No problem- I'll package them up and upload them shortly!

-Mike Z.

SOH-CM-2024
    Files uploaded- have at 'em and have fun!

-Mike Z.

P.S. In case someone reading this may be asking 'how can I get the 109' without downloading the Fokker for his e-mail address- his address is included in the header info in my readme file...

First one to download them!

Mike, downloaded these earlier (at work) and just got them installed. They look pretty darn good! IMHO they really enhance Itosan's model.

Thanks!!

Bill

Thank you Mike for the extra paints! They look very good!!!:ernae:

anybody tried this bird in FSX. I've tried it in Prepar3D but am having some proplems with the prop texture transparency. have tried about four different ones with no luck?

SOH-CM-2024

Gustav in FSX

Quote Originally Posted by norab View Post
    anybody tried this bird in FSX. I've tried it in Prepar3D but am having some proplems with the prop texture transparency. have tried about four different ones with no luck?
    The first time I tried this in FSX the prop was terrible- the prop disc even made the part of the spinner behind it disappear, besides the autogen scenery, regardless of what prop I used. However- something gave me the idea to make the material of the prop disc more transparent, instead of the alpha for the prop texture... So I fired up the Mdlmat utility and presto! No more disappearing objects, just the usual 'hidden behind clouds' anomaly... No worse than any other port-over. Good news for me, as I'm sorely tempted to do my skins over again in 2048 for the sake of the details...

Just to be sure, I tried this on a couple of other of Ito-San's aircraft- the Fokker D.XXIII and the Boulton-Paul P.100- worked fine for them as well...

-Mike Z.

I have Mdlmat, you don't happen to remeber what mode lpart it was do you Mike? will save working through and checking 1 part at a time

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by norab View Post
    I have Mdlmat, you don't happen to remeber what mode lpart it was do you Mike? will save working through and checking 1 part at a time
    Check your PMs...

-Mike Z.

Members who have read this thread: 56