Pacific Northwest

Thread: Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest

Just wondering if any software developers might be working on Pacific Northwest scenery. It would be nice if one could fly from Anchorage, Alaska south to Vancouver, British Columbia. Flying from Honolulu, Hawaii to Vancouver, British Columbia would be out of the question as MS Flight do not have any aircraft types with that kind of range. A Boeing 767 in the works? An interesting question isn't it.

You'd have to ask the developers at Microsoft that question. No outside software developers are allowed to create any addon scenery.

The only way you could fly outside the present Flight "world" is if they add to it in a future release.

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    You'd have to ask the developers at Microsoft that question. No outside software developers are allowed to create any addon scenery.

The only way you could fly outside the present Flight "world" is if they add to it in a future release.
    That's not strictly true... We can in fact fly to and land at several Canadian airports that are officially outside the boundaries of the Alaska scenery pack. Some of them even have fuel available! :ernae:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

While the boundries around Alaska might be a little fuzzy, the OP asked if any software developers (presumably 3rd Parties) were working on a PNW scenery that could be added on to Alaska. That is not likely to happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    While the boundries around Alaska might be a little fuzzy, the OP asked if any software developers (presumably 3rd Parties) were working on a PNW scenery that could be added on to Alaska. That is not likely to happen anytime soon.
    The OP's question was answered correctly by you in post #2. There are no third-parties working on Flight at all. None. Zero. Zilch. MSGS has no immediate plans to open up Flight to 3rd parties until they finish the basic platform. During an interview last February, Joshua Howard suggested possibly two to three years before that could occur.

My reply was to your second paragraph. I am quite capable of reading as it happens...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Two to three years, that's funny! Prepar3d will have made leaps and bounds before then.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10